Thoughts on if ME luggage transfers will return

meredithwacknik

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone thinks or has any theories on whether or not the luggage handling with Magical Express will return in 2021. I know the service is technically ending in 2022, but do you think they'll bring it back at some point this year if things get better Covid-wise?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone thinks or has any theories on whether or not the luggage handling with Magical Express will return in 2021. I know the service is technically ending in 2022, but do you think they'll bring it back at some point this year if things get better Covid-wise?

Very little chance, I'd say.

I believe there was a change in ownership, but I think the service is still available, just not for Disney. Last year, all of the RAC stands at the Disney resorts were dismantled, with evidence of the service ever existing being removed. A CM at one of the resorts said the service was not coming back - just another cost-cutting measure.

Bags Inc (RAC)
Bags info

Hotels like Swan Dolphin never added RAC as a guest paid amenity. That suggests hotels don't think there is enough demand for a guest paid service to justify the resources to add it.

Bags Inc has a VIP service. They pick up your bags at baggage claim and delivery the bags to your destination. $40 for 1 or 2 bags up to 40 miles. $10 for each additional bag.

I wonder if a $10 per bag charge would generate interest.

Edited to add I'm assuming enough volume the $40 minimum could be waived.

Last edited:
Last year, all of the RAC stands at the Disney resorts were dismantled, with evidence of the service ever existing being removed.

They still have the area where they stored the bags before they went on the truck at Fort Wilderness as of last month, but if you didn't know what it had been used for you wouldn't give it a second though. It was kinda sad seeing the old big metal luggage things in there not in use.

Bags Inc has a VIP service. They pick up your bags at baggage claim and delivery the bags to your destination. $40 for 1 or 2 bags up to 40 miles. $10 for each additional bag.

I wonder if a $10 per bag charge would generate interest.

Edited to add I'm assuming enough volume the $40 minimum could be waived.
I would pay that going back to MCO!!! I hate having to check my bags at MCO, heading home. I don't much care about bags going to my resort.
If it was the BAGS company (not sure if it was but think it was) I saw one of their reps walking through MCO a few weeks ago.
Yes, it was BAGS, they did not go out of business. This service was one of my favorite services in the past years at WDW. I would pay a per bag fee to be able to check in for my flight, and check my bags right at the resort.

I would pay that going back to MCO!!! I hate having to check my bags at MCO, heading home. I don't much care about bags going to my resort.

Yes, it was BAGS, they did not go out of business. This service was one of my favorite services in the past years at WDW. I would pay a per bag fee to be able to check in for my flight, and check my bags right at the resort.
The service I cited is for incoming luggage. Bags has contracts to delivery lost airline bags.

RAC requires TSA screened employees, secured storage and secured transport of bags. Hotels like Swan and Dolphin never offered this as a guest paid amenity. I guess too few of us are willing to pay.

RAC requires TSA screened employees, secured storage and secured transport of bags. Hotels like Swan and Dolphin never offered this as a guest paid amenity. I guess too few of us are willing to pay.
Or they just don't want to deal with the hassle, more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter