Those big shopping bags at WDW

jenjie

DIS Veteran
If you've been to WDW recently, you've seen the giant shopping bags they sell to hold all your purchhases. For those who haven't been yet, they cost $2.50 and are huge. They are plastic but have canvas or cloth handles so they don't rip. Anyway the point of this is to say that you CAN use these as carryon on the planes. We did this when we were there. It is really big so I was surprised, but they gave us no problems, and it fit fine in the overhead compartment.

The nice thing about this is it held 2 adult winter coats, 2 child winter coats, plus all the souvenirs we bought the last day. It was nice not to have to wear our winter coats before we needed them.

My son and I used one on our flight home in August 2001.

I was sure that with all the new guidelines, the airlines wouldn't allow it now. Glad to know it can still be done.

That same bag is also for sale at the Charecter Store in Belz Outlet Mall for .95. I bought a few extra ones to give souvinirs to my nieces and nephews :)

Boy did that bag come in handy for all the extra shopping on the last day. And I was able to carry it on the plane with no problem. We just got back on March 21st.

hey. it is my first post here but i have been visiting here for the past six months or so now.

I came back from WDW three weeks ago and those massive bags are brill.

we too got them in beltz - the character warehouse store.

we had two of them full to the max - actually i am surprised like that us carry it on as hand luggage!

We were just there in January... & although I had carried the bag on the plane before...(I always say I'll have enough room in my luggage for souvaniers but I never do!!:D) this time, the bag was SO full I was preparing to throw a fit when they told me I couldn't get on the plane with it! It had the 4 parks one world snow globe in it-- which is bigger than the base of the bag, it was SOOO stretched! Then it had 3 more boxes, each with those huge cappucino mugs, plus a few more things... it was ENORMOUS!! The bag was filled & not at all squishable! but no problems on southwest.. although it JUST fit in the overhead & had it been a full plane.... you never know! I need to buy them for $.95 though that is GREAT...where is this store? Can you get everything that is in WDW there? or only old stuff?Thanks!

You know reading this reminds me of a passanger on an American Flight out of Dallas. I was boarding in Dallas and when we got on the passanger from an earlier flight had not departed and maintenance was there with her.

Seems she had put a piece of Mexican Pottery in the overhead. She apparently tilted it and wedged it in there. Well, when she got to Dallas, there was no way to tilt it back out. Thing was STUCK! Maintenance was called and all they could think to do was break the bowl. She was SCREAMING! Something about it being a valuable antique and wanted them to take the overhead apart. Needless to say the boarding passangers thought this was a LOUSY idea and the AA agent explained that (1) they weren't going to do that and (2) even if they did it would cost her several thousand dollars (AA would charge her for the oxygen mask reloading etc.) Finally security took this dingbat off the plane and maintenance broke the pot.

SO just remember, what goes in does not have to come out!

That's quite a story, Carol. Definitely one of those times I'd want to learn from somebody else's mistakes. Thanks for sharing.

I did not want to spend the 2.50 on the good bag. The CM at the airport DS was nice enough to double bag my purchases in a bag that is the same size but free.

I tore through both bags handles before I arrived at my final destination. I had to wad up the top to carry it.

Next time I'll spend the $2.50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter