this thread is closed

Thanks for the link, Mal. But now I'm even more confused. Like I said, I had already signed up for this months ago, but I don't see anywhere to log in. It says new memberships are on hold at this time. Since I was never notified, am I considered a new member?

Thanks,
Melissa

And what are these directions for??? Is this for some other reward program???
Somewhere here on the DIS?

I figured it out... I didn't read all the posts... silly me.. well, thanks for the directions now!:D

I joined the program in the beginning, but got so confused and frustrated that I stopped doing it. Can I rejoin, or am I out forever because I didn't keep up with it? I would really like to do it, but I'm not sure if I will be allowed, since I stopped for so long. Could anyone help me out with this? TIA!!

I would like the answer to af brenda's ? also. thanks:) mrsdash

FYI, Mamma may not be crediting DA correctly, so temporarily Kris has asked people to not use Mamma for the 30 search requirement, and to use Goto.com or SearchTraffic in place of Mamma.

she has also asked that we now click on a search result regardless of which search engine we use.

if you use SearchTraffic to complete part of your required 30 searches, you must click on a search result that "does not have ABC search" (i'm not sure what that means yet) and please submit to Kris how many searches you did on SearchTraffic.

So does that mean we can do 40 searches at go?:confused: mrsdash

mrsdash, i'm not really sure of the right answer to your question.

my interpretation of what Kris meant was that we can do either of the following:

10 AskJeeves + 20 Goto.com = 30 total required searches

or

10 AskJeeves + 10 Goto.com + 10 SearchTraffic = 30 total required searches

or

10 AskJeeves + some combination of Goto.com + SearchTraffic that is 20 searches = 30 total required searches

also, i think i've figured out the no ABC search thing. sometimes the results you get from SearchTraffic include one result which points to another search engine called abcsearch.com
i think we can't click on that result because it doesn't count.

Definitely DO NOT click on ABCsearch! It will make itself your home page again and again until you clear it out of your history and temp files. At least that was my experience with it. :mad: (Hey, that was the first time I ever used a mad face! I really really don't like ABCsearch.)

15 searches in GO
15 Searches in Jeeves

Remember to click on one result for every search

I personally do not like searchtraffic at all so I will not use it.

Mal;)

That's how I did it this morning Mal, And by the way you were right , I did make this program harder than it was lol Now it seems so simple . thanks for explaining it so we could understand. mrsdash:D

I am still confused! Or confused again!

Do I click on all thirty results, or one for each program (i.e. Go To or Ask Jeeves)?

Thanks in advance!

Patti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter