This Is Us- Season 3

I'm a little worried about them taking Nicky home. He has a lot of issues, he is probably better off being in a treatment center full time until it can be determined he isn't a threat to himself or others. I just feel one of Randall's kids could be a victim of Nicky's carelessness; i.e., playing with grenades with a young boy. He obviously didn't want to hurt the boy, but no one in their right mind would play with grenades around a child. Nicky hasn't been in his right mind for a while. I think I agree with the poster who said Jack may have said he died to protect his family from Nicky.

I would think if anyone would take Nicky home it would be Kevin. Randall went there to support Kevin, not necessarily because he felt a need to find Nicky.

I wonder how Zoe would feel about having Nicky around. I see her wanting to make a documentary about him and the family not wanting her to.

I am not with bringing Nicky home, meaning into one of their homes, they don't know him. I get that the beloved William worked out well (how I miss him!). But it was a big risk with children. And he was a father/grandfather. Even beyond the children, they don't know Nicky. We the viewers know him somewhat, they don't.

But I am hoping he will be a permanent part of the family again.

Two very different things to me.

----------

And as aside - great choice in casting. I am in awe with young Nicky. When I heard they cast Jack's son from Will & Grace I was hmmm really? He has been fantastic.

And Griffin Dunne. This is how old I am --- I used to have a huge crush on him yet I can't remember why, when or where! No clue whatsoever. :rotfl2:

I am not with bringing Nicky home, meaning into one of their homes, they don't know him. I get that the beloved William worked out well (how I miss him!). But it was a big risk with children. And he was a father/grandfather. Even beyond the children, they don't know Nicky. We the viewers know him somewhat, they don't.

But I am hoping he will be a permanent part of the family again.

Two very different things to me.

----------

And as aside - great choice in casting. I am in awe with young Nicky. When I heard they cast Jack's son from Will & Grace I was hmmm really? He has been fantastic.

And Griffin Dunne. This is how old I am --- I used to have a huge crush on him yet I can't remember why, when or where! No clue whatsoever. :rotfl2:

Wait, what? War Nicky is Elliott?? I remember posting in this thread that he would be on the show but had completely forgotten about it. I never would have recognized him.

Yep and I understand all tv shows are like this. I just think it's even worse than usual for this show and the other one I mentioned. Since I'm not interested in the story lines, gotta find something to talk about ha ha, so hope no one's offended really, just being funny!

Not that you needed an answer :goodvibes but not offended in the least.

Season one a couple of us were mesmirized and laughing about how Kevin got into a downtown office building at night, to get to Randall. Ie. We had no emotions about the scene of the season.

Everyone is different.

I have not liked this season all that much. As I have said, missing some levity.

I think I only keep watching because I am absolutely fascinated by choices in life, how one choice can change everything.

I loved the episode, that a lot thought was boring, where Rebecca was going to go off to New York City with her boyfriend. I am forever fascinated with "a different path" kind of choice and how one's life might have been different. The imagination of it all.

Last edited:
Wait, what? War Nicky is Elliott?? I remember posting in this thread that he would be on the show but had completely forgotten about it. I never would have recognized him.

Hey! You're younger than me. Get with it. :rotfl2::drinking1

--------------

(Winking at you - I know you have a myriad of reasons to forget. :hug: )

Last edited:

I remember you posting it and I thought wow I am not seeing it.

But I should have. Only a great actor could stay straightfaced with Jack McFarlane as a dad.:laughing:

----------

Agreed! I was a fan of Michael Angarano from The Stanford Prison Experiment (I have seen him only a couple of times on Will and Grace). To keep on topic on a DIS board, he was the lead in Sky High too LOL.

And yes, I also had a wicked crush on Griffin wayyyyy back when. Starting with American Werewolf in London I'm sure :-)

...because I am absolutely fascinated by choices in life, how one choice can change everything.

Then I definitely recommend the novel Maybe in Another Life, by Taylor Jenkins Reid!! It runs the same timeline in parallel stories, based on a small decision by the main character, and you see how both choices in that moment lead to different paths over the years.

51090860_794965964229950_790835485013442560_o.jpg

It’s cool that they had all the actors from the show there. Too bad William isn’t among them. It must be her facial expression that’s throwing me off..who’s the lady in the front row with the pink dress?

I was counting kids in that pic...Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Kate, Kate, Kate, Randall, Randall...and no Randall LOL.
Weird because he was there. He won for best movie ensemble cast also, for Black Panther. I bet they called him to the stage when this pic was taken, because I noticed he was carrying his trophy.

It’s cool that they had all the actors from the show there. Too bad William isn’t among them. It must be her facial expression that’s throwing me off..who’s the lady in the front row with the pink dress?

The one in the pink is teen Kate, and the one next to her in the purple is young Kate. I was thinking the young Kate has grown up a lot. I wonder how that will play out if they need her for the younger scenes. Young Kevin still looks young, but young Kate is looking so much more grown up.

So now that the SOTU is now on 2/5 we have to wait until the 12th fir the next episode?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter