Third Solo Pre Trip and Trip Report

What a fab view you had!

Sorry you felt ill but it sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time back in your room.

More please! :thumbsup2

Day 3 started with a bit better weather though I think it turned worse later on if I remember. Mostly the whole trip is one rainy blur to me!:laughing:

ry%3D400

A few Christmas decorations on Main Street.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I loved walking down Main Street this day because people were really excited to be there - you could see people soaking in the magic - some for the first time. They were just walking down Main Street with their mouths open. It was great to see!:love: :wizard: :santa: I suppose that is one thing I enjoy about a solo trip - I can enjoy seeing others enjoy the pixie dust! Of course it wasn't raining buckets and that helped!:rolleyes:

I think I started in Frontierland with a ride on the paddle boat - after the previous day decided to go easy on the coasters. Here the sun peaked out and we had a bit of sun in between the clouds.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Time for the Mickey's Winter Wonderland Show - loved this!:love: Of course I am a Southern girl so grew up singing most of those folk songs - like "Oh Susannah".

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Some good castle shots on my way to the other side of the park!

ry%3D400

The New Generation Show - had a really good view for this - on the side nearer Adventureland in front of the stage.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Lunch at Plaza Gardens - I really wanted to eat at Agrabah - but it was closed on this day.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Got to enjoy the desserts on this day!!:love:

Some inside the castle shots!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then off to Belle's Village - but about this time the heavens opened and it poured!! - So no more pictures for this day!

ry%3D400

I think I enjoyed Disneyland Park a couple more hours in the rain then headed back to the hotel for a hot bath! A very nice day! :wizard:

Day 4 - Thursday was Armistice Day so a French National holiday and a very stormy day. Definitely not a day I would choose to visit Disney but definitely a great adventure!:laughing:

Breakfast continued to improve throughout the week. The fruit was good and temperature more palatable as we went along. Breakfast is one of the reasons I choose this hotel so I was really hoping it would improve. Cold eggs - :eek:!

ry%3D400

As I look at my photos I realize I have very few for this day - basically because the weather was ridiculous and who wants to pull out their camera when it is raining sideways! But I really wish I had now because it was sooooo terriible - just wish I had some evidence of the persevering fans - I mean there were lots of people there pushing babies in strollers, trying to somehow tie the now iconic Disneyland Rain Poncho around their child in such a way as to hold of the weather! Bless those parents! But we all continued to have great Disney fun in the midst of some wild weather!:wizard: I mean really - days like this I usually stay inside with a pot of tea and here we were pounding the pavement, straddling puddles, running for cover! It was fun!:woohoo:

Fall colors in Frontierland!

ry%3D400

Today was lunch at Agrabah! My new favorite buffet!!!! Only downside everyone was taking refuge in the restaurants - not that I blame them so it took a long while to be seated even with a reservation. But I mean who is going to complain about standing in a line inside when they could be outside in the cold, driving rain!:goodvibes Only thing about Agrabah - having lived in the Middle East several years - Jordan and Turkey - I was really looking forward to some good hummus - but found none - :confused3 - but there were lots of other tasty items that I really enjoy. Just need a hummus fix as we don't have much of it in Turkey - I know sad and when I lived in Jordan, the hummus man was right next to the post office. Can't get any better than that - ok I digress - moving on!

Agrabah

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sorry for the blur - wow was that pumpkin soup ever good to warm a chilly Disney nut!

ry%3D400

Only thing I didn't eat was the pita - it was cold and dry.

ry%3D400

Interestingly this is where my photos end - I suppose I wasn't into taking out my camera in the storm. So I'll just summarize. From here I went to the Studios hoping for more shelter. So at the Studios I saw every show I could in whatever language to have a little warmth. It was fun. I think I could have taken an earlier train and gone ahead to check into my airport hotel at this time but since it was the first time to take the train to CDG I just stuck to the plan. The train was great really - so short and easy. I stored my luggage for the day in the lockers at the train station. I was really glad I did this because on this day rolling the bag from DL guest storage in the storm to the train station would have been ridiculous!

Note on the Airport Hotel - I booked an airport hotel at CDG through hotwire - got a fantastic rate. I stayed at the HIlton at terminal 3 - it was really beautiful and comfortable - so much so that if I'd know it was so nice I would have left the parks early and headed to the airport!! This hotel was much nicer than the Magic Circus and I paid less than I paid for the Magic Circus to stay here - and the Magic Circus was good value.

From the train station at CDG I took the CDGVal shuttle to terminal three - walked around the back of the Hilton to the front to check in - this is the only thing that would be difficult if you had lots of bags - otherwise it is fine. My flight left from terminal one the next morning and it was really quick to get checked in. Actually I could have slept an extra hour it was so easy but being the first time to do this route I was early. When I arrived in Houston it was bright, sunny and 26 degrees!!!:goodvibes I haven't worn a coat since I have been here.:rolleyes: Well this is why I come home in the winter rather than the summer when the weather is "ovenish", miserably hot.

Thanks for reading!

Happy trips everyone!:wizard:

Hilton CDG terminal 3 - decor is new seventies-

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Really enjoyed reading your TR thanks for sharing :) i am the same in writing up mine, can't remember what the weather was doing when, its all a big wet blur :rotfl:

Really enjoyed reading your TR thanks for sharing :) i am the same in writing up mine, can't remember what the weather was doing when, its all a big wet blur :rotfl:

"Big Wet Blur" definitely should be the title for this trip!:laughing:

Great last day. :thumbsup2

Agrabah is one of my favourite buffets too. Love the look of the Hilton!

Agrabah and the Hilton both very happy discoveries and want to try both again!:)

Have a great next trip everyone!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter