THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

We are going to Disney for the first time 9/18/10-9/26/10 one thing that I will be sure to bring are band aids. They always help with a blister and with kids baind aids always make a boo boo feel better:dance3:

I didn't notice these on page one list:

Scissors. I always need them.
Small note pad/pencils/pens. You can take trip report notes, jot down anything you want to remember, play tic-tac-toe or 'dots' or hangman in line/on buses/while waiting.
Baby powder or gold bond powder. Apply to feet multiple times a day. Dry feet don't blister. Also nice in your bra. Seriously.

We are going to Disney for the first time 9/18/10-9/26/10 one thing that I will be sure to bring are band aids. They always help with a blister and with kids baind aids always make a boo boo feel better:dance3:

I take regular band aids & the blister kind. They are wonderful. I take mole skin too but you have to take a small pair of scissors to cut it so I usually dont carry those into the parks. We fix that before we got out in the mornings

wow...

dont you all think thats kind of a lot? i mean where would you put all of that! my suitcase is not that big!

:rotfl:

I hate to forget silly little things like tweezers and nail clippers. You're going to be grateful for these items heaven forbid you get a splinter or hang nail while you're on vacation... how annoying!

Bring cases of bottled water (this is probably only possible if you're driving like us) but believe me, it's better to pay $3 for a case of 24 bottles than $4 for one bottle in the parks!!

Along with those items, I plan on packing a pop up hamper, cell phone charger, batteries for my camera, extra memory cards, sandals AND sneakers, bandaids, a hat, sunscreen, after sun lotion (in case I get burned), and if you're like me and wear glasses or contact lenses, bring an extra pair of each...you never know when your glasses could break or your lenses could rip or get lost. It's nice to have an extra just in case!!

Love this board :love: ...found it for last years trip and I used so many suggestions (can't use all of them because we fly down there) Just once I would like to drive to Florida so I can have more freedom in what we bring.

I have a question for the group on what shoes are best for walking around the parks. I always use light weight sneakers with socks but find if they get wet (or sweaty...GROSS:scared1:) it gets uncomfortable. Are croc's good for all the walking involved :confused3 ?

Tina :cloud9: less then 100 days 'til our trip CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

I love my Reef sandels. I experience the same thing with "sweaty feet" and have worn my Reefs on our last two trips (7 days and 9 days) with no discomfort. I have the Reef Slap. They are flip flops with GREAT arch support and they don't stink if they get wet. Hope this helps.

Inexpensive water-resistant watch to wear to the parks instead of your good watch (especially if going on water rides)

Shout Color Catcher sheets so you can wash darks and lights together (someone else had mentioned this, but didn't see it on the "master list")

Packets of Woolite (or small bottle) for any handwashing you may need to do

oh i didnt think about the Shout Color Catcher!!.... that i am sure will save time in washing!!.... as we dont bring old clothes to Disney but we dont bring the best so that would help... but dont have to worrie about having DH a PINK shirt!!...lolol thank you!!

I am SO happy that our list has helped so many people !! I will be sifting through the posts again tonight and making more updates :goodvibes
Before our upcoming trip this October I am purchasing another 4 pc. luggage set, I think the in-laws and my best friend are tired of me asking to always borrow and I don't bring them with :lmao:

It's been a while since I've seen you're updated list. I printed out your list and then made a spreadsheet at home. I'll have to go see what new things were added. Thanks again for the list, it's come in very handy planning our trip. There were a few things we learned about, and few things we over looked. We find ourselves not only using this list to plan our WDW vacations, but all other vacations as well.

We'll be there in October as well. Have fun. Off to see your list. :surfweb:

I don't know if it was mentioned (I didn't read through all the posts), but I don't send water to our resort. Instead, I pack a Britta water pitcher. I usally stuff it with a t shirt or 2 to make sure it doesn't crack in my luggage.

Then every night, we filter a pitcher of water and it gets rid of the yucky smell/taste. Then we fill a few water bottles half way and stick them in the freezer. The next morning we fill the bottle the rest of the way with more filtered water.

The water bottles keep cold for a long time this way, it's much cheaper than sending down water, and we are keeping plastic out of landfills.

This year, we will be using our Disney Britta pitcher for the 5th time!!! The same pitcher!!!

Ok, I know this post is a year and a half old but GREAT idea!!! I don't do the deliver-to-the-room thing either and usually spend big bucks for water (I need to have water on my night stand at night ALWAYS!) The tap water in Florida is just scary :scared1: so I send my DH to the vending machine each night for my water fix. Gonna make sure I have room in the luggage for this!!!!:thumbsup2

We have 2. We got one at WDW. We got the "plain" one at Walmart. I think it was in the section with the fans on an end row. Not that easy to find

In my store they were in Hardware near the fans, yes hard to find! When they had out fans in the summer seasonal section they weren't there. Here is the brand. I got one big one and two mini ones, all misting.

http://www.o2-cool.com/misting_overview.php

I can live out of a backpack for 6 months, how much of that do you actually use? Do you get stressed packing? I just have this silly pic in my mind of someone carrying 9 or 10 suitcases. You guys are so cute.

TC

I can live out of a backpack for 6 months, how much of that do you actually use? Do you get stressed packing? I just have this silly pic in my mind of someone carrying 9 or 10 suitcases. You guys are so cute.

TC

Let's put it this way, when we went to WDW in March, it was me, DH,DD 16, DS 14, & a friend 17. We were in a Surburban. It was completely full. There wasn't room for anything else. I am prepared for anything. I've packs this way for so long, it's kinda second nature. I do have a packing list though. I update it for different trips.

We drive and we pack it in!!!! Everytime we go to Disney (we are AP holders, so we are there every few months), one of my kids has to go to the urgent care. We know how it works. There are great urgent cares there with free transportation. But be ready to spend the day there.

We also love to pack the collapsible sweater holder/shelves things that hang in your closet. Great for storing my kids clothes in it!

We also always bring with us Starbucks Frappuccinos (sold by the bottles at Costco) as our coffee fix for the morning (since the coffee is TERRIBLE at WDW). and we pack dry goods for breakfast (aka pop tarts, cereal bars, etc) and choc milk in a juice box type of package (again bought at Costco). So the boys have had their breakfast by the time we leave in the morning. I buy Soy choc milk and this helps get something relatively healthy (ha!)

Great things on this list! Thanks for everyone's tips.

We are flying and only staying 6 nights. Also, we are staying off-site in a 2-bedroom condo. so we don't need to bring a lot of clothing as we can wash them in the condo.

Carry on items

- underwater camera
- regular camera
- GPS (we are renting a car)
- purrell wipes

girl's backpacks
DS's
two webkinz
two PS2 games

Misc. items for suitcase:

- stack of lids from take-out drinks to prevent ice cream on stick drips.

- large and small zip lock bags

- shout wipes

- Downy Wrinkle Re-leaser, travel size

- swimmers towels

- ear plugs

- blister bandages

- glow bracelets. getting from dollar store

- ear drops for water-sensitive ears

- Purex laundry sheets

- Friction sticks to prevent blisters

- Girl's autograph books, bags, trading pins.
-----------------

Clothing

portable raincoats for all four of us.

7 year old's list.

2 jean shorts.
4 shirts (one minnie shirt).
underwear.
1 bathing suit.
swim shoes.
cover-up for swimming
Red crocs.
one pair of converse
Costume for Mickey Halloween Party

6 year old.

Minnie Outfit for Disney/bow
Red sandals.
Red dress with white shirt and red shorts.
1 pair of shorts and shirt to match.
underwear
1 bathing suit, red/white dot one
swim shoes
bathing suit cover-up
Costume for Mickey Halloween Party

Me

Swim shorts
Bathing suit top
Rash guard
Swim shoes
3 shirts
2 pair of Carpis.

My husband, he's on his own with packing. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter