They're putting fences up on the beaches

It's not so much about the information of the fences (which the other thread has a twitter link with pictures of the beginning stages of the fence) it's the whole discussion that could be brought up which has been discussed in sooooo much depth in the other thread. It was a suggestion for pete's sake to go to the other thread..but there is a problem when you have too many threads open for the same issue.

Uh, welcome to the disboards where the same questions are asked over and over again.

OP, I appreciate the post.
Yeah I understand that (this isn't exactly my 1st post here)...and there is a reason why moderators are more and more are either closing threads, moving threads, directing people to other threads and areas.

I really don't care what ends up happening with this particular thread it was a suggestion and I didn't say I wasn't thankful that the OP wrote what they did.

I presented a suggestion it wasn't met with any positive responses and there's no problem with that at all I respect other people's viewpoints and as I don't have anything further to really add no further response will be given from me here.

Won't be long until there's full barb wire fencing around each Disney hotel and armed guards carrying rifles in the parks and resorts.

Or just turn the Bay Lake into a parking lot

*insert rolling eye emoji*

It was like that in Jamaica actually... Creeped me out.

I noticed another picture posted in the comments under that picture; there is rope in between the posts. Apparently it is to keep people out rather than to keep gators in (which makes sense because gators can climb fences and it would really hard to keep them out). While I dont think the fence will deter everybody, it doesn't look so bad there. You can still see the water and the feel is still the same. That plus more explicit signs is about all they can do. Then, if it happens again, it will be the fault of the person because they both disregarded a sign AND crossed a fence.

Video of area including rope.

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/743894395171246084

It might be best to close this thread and refer to this thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/gator-grabs-2-year-old-at-grand-floridian.3519016/page-75 as someone just posted about fences being put up on there and there is TONS of information on the thread I just referenced..this way we don't create a new thread with new arguments with new back and forth discussions.

Sometimes threads get out of control, the purpose is long lost, people get ugly and in the case of that thread many inaccurate things keep getting posted as "fact". I honestly think that thread needs to be locked because it's at this time - pointless.

The fence is new information and sharing the steps Disney is making to make it clearer to those who didn't understand the signs is good to share.

Last edited:
Video of area including rope.

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/743894395171246084

Sometimes threads get out of control, the purpose is long lost, people get ugly and in the case of that thread many inaccurate things keep getting posted as "fact". I honestly think that thread needs to be locked because it's at this time - it's pointless.

The fence is new information and sharing the steps Disney is making to make it clearer to those who didn't understand the signs is good to share.
Yeah I get your point. But honestly if this thread gets to where people debate why Disney would put a fence up, why they shouldn't put a fence up, what the fence should be made out of, why the fence would and wouldn't work, are they just going to fence up all the properties around WDW which have beaches, etc..I guess that was the reason I posted what I did..because that has already been discussed in the other thread (and yes that thread is long) to great length and now that other thread is talking more about the fence since people can see the twitter photo too. But really like I said it was just a suggestion I know you have been on that other thread too (I do understand other people's thoughts on why they wouldn't go on that other thread).

Anyways again..it's kinda pointless for me personally to continue on this thread but I appreciate the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter