They're Back :

My sister gets this -- calls it the Disney rash!

Hehe :rotfl2:

One of my favorite (okay..funniest Disney memories)
Last trip there was a Palmetto bug the size of a small bird hitching a ride on the monorail from the MK. I have never seen one so huge. The train pulled into the MK..and we watched as it was on the ouside..then the doors opened, and it went right on in with a crowd of people. We sat opposite where we saw it enter..and then the train pulled out. THEN the lights went out. That's when the fun started. Ladies SCREAMING :scared1: .. Men STOMPING :scared1: ...SCREAMING :scared1: ...children:sad: CRYING..(adult's crying too!), more STOMPING! :scared1: I mean grown men were pounding on this thing..and it wouldn't die. :scared1: The best was the dad trying to reassure the screaming tyke, "look honey..don't be afraid..it's Pumba's friend" ..(she didn't want to hear it..especially when they were trying to kill Pumba's friend!) :laughing: Finally this went on until we reached the POLY..and then it was kicked out the door by a flood of people exiting. It was still in one piece. Dead...but one piece. Ahhh..the Disney magic. :wizard:

PRICELESS ! :lmao:

Terri- Your friend had basic heat rash on her legs. I get it each and every time I wear socks or long pants in the heat. There is a scientific name for this and yes, it does have something to do with the concrete. I used to get it solely when I went to any Dinsey park on a hot summer day. I called it the "Disney Rash". Now I find I get the same rash on my lower legs when I'm working the outside garden register at Home Depot.

Bed Bugs - It was rumored back in December and January that the CBR, all of the ASR's, CR & WL had bed bugs. Maybe they did...maybe not. All bedding has mites of some sort. My solution??? If I have to stay at a hotel, I strip off the bedspread, ask housekeeping for an "extra" blanket - delivered to me & not the one on the rack, and spray the heck out of the bed & pillows with Lysol. I also carry plastic pillow protectors and cheap pillow cases that I use instead of the cases the hotel provides. I definitely do NOT want to sleep on a former guests drool.

Roaches - Sorry folks, but this is Florida. Roaches are a fact of life here & they have absolutely nothing to do with cleanliness. They can crawl through the tiniest of openings, and love palm trees. They are annoying, and palmetto bugs can be frightening due to their size and the fact they can fly, but neither roaches nor palmetto bugs will harm you in any way.

No-see-um's and sand fleas - These are also a fact of life in Florida. If you stand on any resort beach that has sand...you will get bitten by sand fleas or no-see-um's. If you stand outside at dusk you will get bitten by no-see-um's. If you don't want to get "chewed up", make sure you use the bug spray. I however, find spray to be futile against the no-see-um's - long pants are the best defense against those.

Well Deb, you can call them palmetto bugs or even water bugs if you like, but they are the North American Cockroach. The little guys up north are actually European cockroachs.

I think all you do to bed bugs with lysol is piss them off.

So I started reading this post on the resorts board about the bed bugs up until about the 3rd or 4th post when they turned to compensation and I stopped. Why does everything turn into how you can get "comped" for something on that board? Maybe it was the guest who caused the infestation? Maybe they should somehow comp Disney for the cost of fumigation and matresses?

Jim read the post about the bedbugs at POR by LemonTwist, they didn't comp them anything except what disney shrink by steaming their cloths.

And this women checked her room for bedbugs before even entering with her family stuff and never seen anything until that night while she was sleeping and then killed three bedbugs and showed the CM at the resort who took action. :scared:

This thread creeps me out. I always thought bed bugs were some kinda myth or old wives tale. :rotfl: You know.....
sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite. I thought I would fall out when they showed up on the news a few years ago and they were real! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Well Deb, you can call them palmetto bugs or even water bugs if you like, but they are the North American Cockroach. The little guys up north are actually European cockroachs.

I think all you do to bed bugs with lysol is piss them off.

Actually, there are different species of cockroachs here in Florida. The 3 I'm familiar with are:

Palmetto Bug:

superroach_beheading.jpg

Rhinoceros Roach - usually not seen indoors:

roaches_mystery_cropped.jpg

And what we call the German Cockroach - which this picture makes them look HUGE, but are in fact, very little:

cockroach_immature.jpg

The German Cockroach are very difficult to control once they're in your home - and it's said if you have these, you'd better hone up on your housekeeping skills.. The other two are rather easy to rid yourself of and have nothing to do with how clean you keep your house.

Lysol doesn't kill bedbugs??? O dear.... I don't want to sleep in a "slick o' raid"! :eek:

For those who stay in any hotels....here's a link to what you should look for:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/

Andrew Zimmermen could go and do a show on them little baggers,,he could call that episode, "Breakfast in Bed"

:rotfl2:

Call em anything you want, they all look the same after you step on em - brown and goopy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter