There's Always Too Much Sauce - A July 2022 TR *Updated 3/23

Will Landon want a trip with just you and him if you do a mother/daughter trip? Just imagine the hardship if you had to visit wdw more often to keep everyone happy

Oh, I'm sure he will. He's still jealous we were in WDW on my mom's birthday. He has said on multiple occasions that he wants to be in Disney on his birthday. :laughing:

It was so much fun meeting up and visiting with you and the others!
I’m sorry we will miss each other this April!
Via Napoli is a mother and daughter place for us as well so many memories with Andi here! I think we have enjoyed the pizza here at least 15+ times!

It was a fun DISmeet! Hopefully with you and your sisters visiting later in the month, you'll avoid any of the runDisney crowds now.
Via Napoli is a great Disney restaurant to build traditions at. :goodvibes

April 17th:

My mom and I woke up to dark clouds and rain this morning. We were planning on visiting the Magic Kingdom all day, but in light of the bad weather we opted to stay at the resort and relax instead. I bought Genie Plus that morning and began stacking passes for the afternoon and evening.

The wet weather continued until lunchtime, but by the time we meandered into the park around one thirty, it had cleared up, and we were greeted with some beautiful breezes.

I can’t say it enough. The days after the races provided some of the best weather I’d ever experienced on a Walt Disney World trip. Sunny, breezy, not too hot. I think it really affected why I changed my opinion to April being my favorite time to visit the parks. ::yes::

Since I had purchased Photopass the day before, I needed my mom and I to make use of the service!

0168.jpg

Plus, I had to get some photos of all my bling:

0171.jpeg

I actually had to redo the shot above, because the first time I took all my medals out and arranged them for a photo, I didn’t realize I had the medals backwards. The challenge medal was on the left and the 5K on the right. And after checking the pictures on the app, I knew that was going to drive me crazy.

Note to self in the future: Check the medal order while waiting in line.:rotfl:

The first set of Genie Plus reservations were for Pirates and BTMRR. My mom swears this was her first time on Big Thunder.

It was not.

:rolleyes:

0175.JPG

She doesn’t remember, but she rode it with her friend in 2004. I remember because I was allowed to bring my friend with me on that day trip, and we were allowed to sit and wait for everyone else to go on the attraction. Which was one of my favorite parts of the day. Getting time alone in a Disney park with my friend as a teenager.

It goes without saying that I remember that detail.

Either way! My mom enjoyed Thunder and was bummed to learn we couldn’t book it again with Genie Plus.

The two of us strolled into Fantasyland next and rode It’s a Small World then watched Philarmagic.

Going back to Main Street, I realized there was another photo opportunity I wanted to grab with my medals.

0176.JPG

I mean, if you earn four medals over a runDisney weekend, it’s only fitting you capture them all with the castle in the background. ::yes::I wasn’t able to take any photos with my Disneyland Paris Half medal (we drove home the afternoon of the race) and I regretted it. I wasn’t letting the opportunity pass me by again.

0181.JPG

All right, enough pictures!

Time to grab an early dinner at Casey’s Corner. My mom and I were looking for something quick and simple to tide us over, and since we were having a classic Magic Kingdom day, we figured eating at an iconic Main Street spot was a must.

Not to mention, I don’t like any Quick Serivce restaurants in the MK.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d rather hop on the monorail and go to Capt Cook’s than eat at Pinocchio’s or Cosmic Ray’s.

The two of us were able to find a table under an umbrella to eat our hot dogs, but my poor mother. She was unaware of the Disney ducks.

You know the ones I’m referring to.

The ones that congregate outside Casey’s and cover every square inch of space.

The ones who will walk over your feet with reckless abandon.

The ones who flock about the concrete in such brazen fearlessness that you can’t go two seconds without worrying your food will be stolen right out from under your fingers.

My mom was overwhelmed with all the feathers and droppings.

“There’s so many ducks, Alicia! This is too much!”:laughing:

We fulfilled the food’s definition of quick service and ate lickity split.

Then it was time for more fun in Fantasyland!

We hopped on a clamshell and visited Ariel in her undersea grotto, then we soared in the sky on a flying elephant:

0183.JPG

My younger brother called my mom as we were on the ride asking for a favor, and so my mom was trying to sort all that out. It made the evening a little less productive from that point on, because my mom was trying to call my dad and sort out if they could help my brother or not.
(He needed a last minute pet sitter.)

To try and distract my mom from her real world interruptions, I took her on the People Mover:

0187.JPG

I’m not sure why, but I seem to only go on the People Mover when I’m with my mom. I don’t think the kids would dislike the attraction, I guess we’re always too busy worrying about hitting up the headliners to make time for it.

But my mom and I love it.

I’ll never forget going on it with her when I was pregnant with Evie and her messaging my calf when I was feeling uncomfortable.

And now look at us!

Time flies.::yes::

Once off the attraction, I decided to my mom and I should watch another show we hadn’t seen in ages.

Carousel of Progress.

This was such a slow paced MK day; I loved it. Complete opposite of my time in the park with Alex and the kids.

With the show finished, the two of us decided to check in for our special event.

The
HEA fireworks dessert party had recently returned, and my mom and I were doing the pre-show happening.

Let me tell you, booking this was an adventure.

For some reason, being overseas caused the reservation site to say there were no slots available. Because it was a special event that had just returned that month, I thought for sure the spaces had sold out in record time. But then my DIS friends said they had no issue getting reservations. So on a whim I turned on my VPN and had my computer look like it was in the U.S. and had no issues booking a time for this particular evening.

The hoops we jump through for our Disney vacations…

(I say as my dining window opened for April, and I was awake before dawn to book everything.)

I was a little underwhelmed with the offerings at the dessert party, but only because I remembered what we were able to get in 2019. They had spring rolls (or egg rolls) and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern. Now, the only “specialty” item is a warm apple crepe.

0190.JPG

I have a hard time with the dessert party.

The food one thousand percent does not justify the cost.

But guaranteeing a great view for the fireworks and being able to sip on a glass of champagne while staring at Cinderella’s Castle is pretty dang nice.

I hate paying over 100 dollars for some cheese and booze, but I find myself doing it almost every trip. Alex and I did it with the kids over the summer, and we’re planning on doing it again this coming April.

So, it is what it is.

My mom and I were sat next to a mom and daughter who was about Evie’s age. They had flown down solely so they could ride Tron. The mom was telling me how she had booked a room at the Dolphin but the reservation never showed up on her MDE app so she went ahead and booked a room at All Star Sports, too. And then when she took her daughter to the entrance of the ride, she was too short so she booked another trip in a couple weeks to return.

It was an…interesting conversation. I hope the mom and daughter were eventually able to go on Tron.

Happily Ever After was fantastic, as always. Being there with my mom, having finished all the races, enjoying the gorgeous night with sugar and a few glasses of champagne in me was perfection. I teared up a little bit during the show, which I don’t really do. I’m not a big crier.

0194.JPG

And looking back on it now, I’m so appreciative of those moments I got to have with my mom. It was everything we’d hoped it would be and more.

0197.JPG

I couldn’t believe our trip was almost over. The sadness was starting to filter in a little bit. Fortunately, I was able to tell myself that my mom and I had one more full day left before we had to part ways. That abated the panic a tad.

And the best part about the following day?

My mom was going to see something new to her!

Up Next: Everyone’s So Happy

But guaranteeing a great view for the fireworks and being able to sip on a glass of champagne while staring at Cinderella’s Castle is pretty dang nice.

I hate paying over 100 dollars for some cheese and booze, but I find myself doing it almost every trip. Alex and I did it with the kids over the summer, and we’re planning on doing it again this coming April.
I have this same issue. I opted not to do it this go around as my daughter is now 3.5 and I have to pay for her and she eats NOTHING! It would be the biggest waste of money. If it was an adults only trip I would definitely do it again. I love standing all the way in the back of the reserved section up against the fence.
I teared up a little bit during the show
I never used to tear up, but now that i have my kids, when they are with me watching the fireworks I get all the feels. It is truly my happiest moments of the day. I love fireworks in general, so the Disney ones with my babies is just magic.
I’m so appreciative of those moments I got to have with my mom
I am taking a girls trip with my mom and daughter at the end of April. It is Savannah's reward for FINALLY using the potty. It was a STRUGGLE with her. I am really hoping she remembers these special moments with my mom as she grows.

What a lovely day at Magic Kingdom! I love the classic attractions and Carousel of Progress is one of my FAVORITE Disney attractions.

I love the pictures of your medals, too!

I have a hard time with the dessert party.

I 100% agree with this! I remember when the price was around $40 (that was nice! :rolleyes: ) but am still willing to pay hundreds to get a good view without tons of waiting. I figure the desserts are a bonus!

And looking back on it now, I’m so appreciative of those moments I got to have with my mom. It was everything we’d hoped it would be and more.

:love: I’m so glad you enjoyed such a great trip with your mom.

Great day! Nice you could have a relaxing morning followed by a fun afternoon and evening. Love the medal pictures - I'm glad you're proud of them! I've never done the dessert party but might consider it next trip. My DH isn't a fan of crowds and it would make it more enjoyable for him. One more day - yay!

I love all your race medal pictures!
You know I’m all about creating more and new memories with your mom!
I also agree 100% about the dessert parties. I loved the egg rolls, ooey gooey dessert and the spinach dip! They have really cheapened the experience in my opinion! However, the perfect viewing spot of HEA and drinking champagne does ease the changes and cost some!

:rotfl: All right. So my mom is one of three sisters, and for many years they did take a vacation together at some point in the year. One time, they were staying near my work, so I'd stop by in the evenings. And every time I drove onto the campsite, I would think to myself, "This would make the perfect setting for a book." I knew right away that was where I was going to use. And one of my English professors in college encouraged me to stick with contemporary/family stories because that was where my strength. So that's how it came together, but that's it! The character traits are not alike AT ALL! Nor are the stories or dialogue.

I'm happy to hear the location is real, 3 sisters are real, but they are nothing like the characters.

I'm really glad to hear you and Dennis had a good time. I always feel a little bad for the family member/traveling partner who gets roped into the meets. They just have to go along for the ride.
Fortunately, Alex is an extrovert and has done enough of them that he's become comfortable with them. When we honeymooned, I dragged him to a Palo brunch with ten other DISers, and I think it kind of got him comfortable with the whole situation. So, in other words, he'll be fine letting us chat and visit in April! :rotfl:

Dennis is not an extrovert, so I was really proud of him. I'm really looking forward to meeting Alex too. You can tell him I like doing the parks like he does and never have enough time. Is there anything from Louisiana I can bring for y'all?

My mom and I woke up to dark clouds and rain this morning. We were planning on visiting the Magic Kingdom all day, but in light of the bad weather we opted to stay at the resort and relax instead. I bought Genie Plus that morning and began stacking passes for the afternoon and evening.

I remember this day. We were in DHS and walked through the rain for the first part of the day. It really lowered the crowds. We ended up getting a last-minute ADR for Woody's Round Up and seeing Grogu and the Mandalorian. I was really worried I had ruined my black sandals.
I can’t say it enough. The days after the races provided some of the best weather I’d ever experienced on a Walt Disney World trip. Sunny, breezy, not too hot. I think it really affected why I changed my opinion to April being my favorite time to visit the parks. ::yes::

The weather really was great. I hope we're as lucky this year.

Plus, I had to get some photos of all my bling:
0171.jpeg

Great photo!

Love this one too!

I’m not sure why, but I seem to only go on the People Mover when I’m with my mom. I don’t think the kids would dislike the attraction, I guess we’re always too busy worrying about hitting up the headliners to make time for it.

But my mom and I love it.

Danielle and I love the People Mover, Dennis not so much. We have been know to ride without him.

For some reason, being overseas caused the reservation site to say there were no slots available. Because it was a special event that had just returned that month, I thought for sure the spaces had sold out in record time. But then my DIS friends said they had no issue getting reservations. So on a whim I turned on my VPN and had my computer look like it was in the U.S. and had no issues booking a time for this particular evening.

I remember this. We were all trying to get the party for different nights.

I was a little underwhelmed with the offerings at the dessert party,

I was too. Danielle and I did it just to see HEA. Dennis opted out.

Happily Ever After was fantastic, as always. Being there with my mom, having finished all the races, enjoying the gorgeous night with sugar and a few glasses of champagne in me was perfection. I teared up a little bit during the show, which I don’t really do. I’m not a big crier.

Love HEA so much!

This gives me the warm fuzzies. So, touching that you had such a great experience with your Mom.
Great picture of you both.

They had spring rolls (or egg rolls) and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern. Now, the only “specialty” item is a warm apple crepe.
I refuse to go back untill they bring both of these things back!!!

I mean I do put a value on not being in a crowd for sure! It's why I have done it in the past...

Dolphin but the reservation never showed up on her MDE app so she went ahead and booked a room at All Star Sports, too. And then when she took her daughter to the entrance of the ride, she was too short so she booked another trip in a couple weeks to return.
What the what?!?! That short story has so many things wrong with it... I mean I guess good for them... but how do you not know if you booked a room or not?

0197.JPG
Perfect!

Loved your latest update Alicia and your photos are simply gorgeous. All of them but especially that last one of you and your mum in front of the castle. That one needs put in a frame, hung on the wall, made into a jigsaw puzzle or a cushion cover or both! So much love and happiness in that photo ❤️❤️❤️
I like the medal ones too- just sayin :rotfl:

I opted not to do it this go around as my daughter is now 3.5 and I have to pay for her and she eats NOTHING! It would be the biggest waste of money.

I can go on a rant at how ridiculous it is that kids count as adults at 10. The past few years, we have refused to go to buffets/family style places, because there's no way Landon eats like an adult.

I never used to tear up, but now that i have my kids, when they are with me watching the fireworks I get all the feels. It is truly my happiest moments of the day. I love fireworks in general, so the Disney ones with my babies is just magic.

It's definitely a different experience watching your kid watch the fireworks. I think that's why HEA holds such a special place in my heart, because I remember my kids being enthralled by the fireworks and singing along to the songs.

I am taking a girls trip with my mom and daughter at the end of April. It is Savannah's reward for FINALLY using the potty. It was a STRUGGLE with her.

That's awesome! I hope you all have a fantastic time.
And you have my deepest sympathies. Potty training is ROUGH. Not going to lie, I hated that phase. I'd probably have celebrated with a Disney getaway if I was in the states, too. :laughing:

I love the classic attractions and Carousel of Progress is one of my FAVORITE Disney attractions.

There's nothing like a day in the Magic Kingdom, experiencing all those classic Disney favorites. :goodvibes
Although, I have to confess, I'm not sure my kids have ever been on Carousel of Progress. :eek: I'll have to remedy that next time we're there!

but am still willing to pay hundreds to get a good view without tons of waiting.

That's exactly it. It's ridiculous how much I stress about finding a firework spot. It really impedes the park evening.

I've never done the dessert party but might consider it next trip. My DH isn't a fan of crowds and it would make it more enjoyable for him. One more day - yay!

Having a designated spot really does take away the stress of the crowds and staking out a good spot to watch. Just as a heads up, the post-fireworks dessert party goers tend to arrive at the garden first, so if your DH would be more comfortable at the front with only the railing in front of him, I'd choose that one.

You know I’m all about creating more and new memories with your mom!

I really do hope Evie and I can take a lot of trips together like you and Andi. At this point in time, my mom thinks her Disney days are behind her; she has no interest in going back any time in the forseeable future.
So I'm hoping I can take what I've gained with her and put it towards time with Evie. Her birthday is right before Halloween, and I'd love for her first trip with just me to be a birthday one, where we can go to MNSSHP.

I also agree 100% about the dessert parties. I loved the egg rolls, ooey gooey dessert and the spinach dip! They have really cheapened the experience in my opinion! However, the perfect viewing spot of HEA and drinking champagne does ease the changes and cost some!

Disney knows us fans will pay insane amounts of money for convenience. :rolleyes: :laughing:

I remember this day. We were in DHS and walked through the rain for the first part of the day. It really lowered the crowds. We ended up getting a last-minute ADR for Woody's Round Up and seeing Grogu and the Mandalorian. I was really worried I had ruined my black sandals.

Did your sandals survive?

The weather really was great. I hope we're as lucky this year.

I do too!

I was too. Danielle and I did it just to see HEA.

I know, for me, I hadn't seen HEA since 2019 and wanted to guarantee a good view of it. And that's why we booked it again over the summer for the kids. But I don't think we'll do it again for awhile.

I mean I do put a value on not being in a crowd for sure! It's why I have done it in the past...

I appreciate it when the kids are with us or when we plan a busy MK day. It gives us a chance to relax and calm ourselves. But...ugh, for that price! :sad1:
Alex and I saved a lot of money on our room when military discounts were released, and we decided to use some of the savings for the dessert party. But in the end we decided not to. It was just wasn't worth the cost for us.

What the what?!?! That short story has so many things wrong with it... I mean I guess good for them... but how do you not know if you booked a room or not?

It was a wild interaction! Certainly gave my mom and I something to talk about later on. :rotfl:

All of them but especially that last one of you and your mum in front of the castle. That one needs put in a frame, hung on the wall, made into a jigsaw puzzle or a cushion cover or both! So much love and happiness in that photo

That's a good idea. I should frame it and give it to when she visits in April and make one for myself to set near my desk.

LOVE the bling pictures. You totally ROCKED those races!

Thank you! I loved getting those pictures of my medals. I saw another guest that had brought all her medals from past races. She had to have had 20/25. I was impressed with her being willing to bring them all into the park. Those medals can get heavy!

Hello everyone. I’m sorry to interrupt my current trip report, but I have been busy putting the finishing touches on our future trip, and I want to share my plans.

Mainly because Alex is sick and tired of hearing me talk about it. :rotfl:

He loves Disney, probably more than me, but he does not enjoy planning for it. The daydreaming about snacks and thinking about attraction hopefuls is not his thing. Fortunately for me, the kids are, so I usually talk to them about Disney.

But that would be a little cruel to do for this one.

Since my next Disney trip is just a Mom and Dad Getaway!

1061.JPG

Alex and I are going to Walt Disney World
April 17-23 in order to do the Springtime Surprise Challenge.:goodvibes

To say we’re excited would be an understatement. This trip was planned and thought out after we moved back stateside. My mom offered to watch the kids so we could get some time away, and with everything that happened in the fall, Alex and I thought for sure we’d have to cancel.

Thank goodness, things have worked out and this trip is happening!

We’re staying at…

Where else?

The Wilderness Lodge!

0233.JPG

I had such a positive experience staying here for race weekend that I didn’t see any reason to change my pattern. Plus, with the military discount that was offered, it’s one of the most reasonable deluxe Disney resorts. It saved us thousands of dollars. Takes the sting out of the 12 day straight workweek Alex had to pull a few weeks ago.:laughing:

Our tentative schedule for this trip looks like:

April 17th – Fly into Orlando. Have Alex’s brother and sister pick us up and go to Disney Springs for dinner.

April 18th – The race expo and Animal Kingdom. (I’ve gotta get DAK in first before Alex finds a way to cut it from our schedule.)

April 19th – 5K Day and Epcot.

April 20th – 10K Day and DHS.

April 21st – 10 Miler and DHS/Epcot

April 22nd – MK and possibly park hopping.

April 23rd – Fly Home before the sun rises so I’m home to pick up the kids from school and my mom guilt is abated.:rotfl2:

I’m not going to lie, I’m a little worried about how this trip is going to play out. With last year’s race trip, my mom was more than happy to do a whole lot of nothing. Sit and relax? Sure. Leave the parks by 4 o’clock. All right.

But Alex is not like my mom at all.

He wants to squeeze every minute of time in the parks, doing as much as possible.

Sleep? Who needs it?

I’ve actually adapted my training plan to hopefully offset my enthusiastic husband. I make sure that in addition to the mileage I need for my races, I’m walking an additional 4-5 miles a day. Because Alex won’t pay attention to sore feet after a 10K when TSMM is only a ten minute wait and we’re just getting off MMRR.

I guess if I can survive touring Disney with a 13 month old Landon who NEVER slept more than 3 hours straight a night, I can do this.::yes::

Fortunately, there’s one thing that’ll slow my husband down, and I’m planning on using it to my full advantage.

That would be Disney food.

If we’re going to work hard at the races, than we’re going to celebrate hard with all our favorite food and drinks.

Alex and I are looking forward to all the eateries we have planned.

This will come as no surprise to you all, but we’ll be having lunch at
Steakhouse 71:

0100.JPG

And Alex’s one request was a breakfast at the restaurant:

0116.JPG

I hope the seasonal pancakes are something we want to order:

0117.JPG

We’ll also be trying 3 new restaurants!

Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’

Space 220

La Creperie de Paris

We figured if we were going to Steakhouse 71 for the hundredth time, we should also throw in some new places, too.

It was tough not booking my other beloved restaurants, Topolino’s and Via Napoli, but ultimately, Alex and I decided we wanted more flexibility with our dining.

We had also planned to get a post HEA dessert party, but there was no availability on Monday night. And when we had to decide if we wanted to select the preshow or the sip and savor, the two of us realized we’d be fine skipping the party altogether.

Whew! This was a lot of information thrown in one update, but I think I’ll round it out by listing our goals for this trip.

Besides surviving the three races.
:rotfl:

- Enjoy as much cold brew as possible.

0237.JPG

0022.JPG

If I find myself near the Riveria, I’d love to grab the Almond Cold Brew. But if nothing else, I want to try the cold brew from Norway and the 5 Legged Goat at Steakhouse 71.
Gideon’s goes without saying.

- Alex wants an ILL for Guardians. And both of us want one for Tron:

0154.JPG

- Flower and Garden Festival booths:

0196.JPG

- Hawkes’ Grog Ale from Pandora:

0089.JPG

I tried this beer last summer and loved it! Nothing sounds more refreshing on a hot DAK day than one of these with our meal at Sat’uli Canteen.

- Try Baseline Tap House. I’ve been trying to get here for years and it’s never worked out. I’m hoping after one of our race days, when our feet are tired, I can talk Alex into resting her for a bit.

- Salt N Straw. Alex LOVES the vegan peanut butter ice cream from here, so this is a must for him.

- The Enchanted Tiki Room. I love this show in the MK, and we missed it last summer.

- Zebra Domes. Another of Alex’s favorites.

Anyone see a pattern here?

Alex is all about the desserts.

I’m focused on drinks.

This is a pretty accurate summary of us. I’d forget to eat if Alex didn’t remind me to, and I’m around to remind him to take a breather and enjoy a libation every now and again.

We work well together.::yes::

Which is why this trip is going to be so much fun.

I can’t believe I get 5 full days with my best Disney partner. There’s going to be so much joy and laughter.

And running.

Can’t forget that.

So much of that.
:laughing:

I appreciate you all reading my little pre-trip report summary and dealing with my excitement. We have a lot to get through before the trip. (Spring Break, a birthday party with dozens of preteens, choir concerts, and those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head.) So it still seems like a lifetime away, but it was fun to take a few minutes and remind myself of the wonderful things headed our way.

I'm not sure my kids have ever been on Carousel of Progress. :eek: I'll have to remedy that next time we're there!

Yes, absolutely! I would think Landon, the Disney fan, would especially enjoy it.

Alex and I are going to Walt Disney World April 17-23 in order to do the Springtime Surprise Challenge.:goodvibes

I’m so excited for you that you’ll have this getaway after your rough year! My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and G’s parents will be in Disney World when you’re there (they’ll be at the Contemporary from April 20-27), but I think they may think I’m nuts if I mention they should say hello to someone I know from the DISboards…

And HOORAY for the Wilderness Lodge! It’s such an awesome resort and PERFECT for relaxing after your races… if Alex lets you. :rotfl:

Takes the sting out of the 12 day straight workweek Alex had to pull a few weeks ago.:laughing:

Those 12-day stretches are not fun - my husband has them every other month or so. I hope for your sakes Alex doesn’t have them as frequently!

Sleep? Who needs it?

:rotfl2:

Indeed. Who sleeps at Disney? (It’s a good thing you’re planning on all that cold brew…) :laughing:

I’ve actually adapted my training plan to hopefully offset my enthusiastic husband. I make sure that in addition to the mileage I need for my races, I’m walking an additional 4-5 miles a day.

Wow, an extra 4-5 miles PER DAY?! I’m trying to start walking a few miles a few days a week and barely managing that. I’m so impressed! I think you’ll be ready!

?We’ll also be trying 3 new restaurants!

Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’

Space 220

La Creperie de Paris

My goodness, I’d LOVE to try Homecomin’ as everything I’ve seen from there looks delicious.

And wow, you had great luck with ADRs! I can’t believe you nabbed Homecomin’ AND Space 220! Is your Space 220 reservation for the restaurant or the lounge?

I want to try the cold brew from Norway

I didn’t know Norway had a cold brew! I do love coffee (and may need more than usual on this vacation! :laughing: ) so this is great information to know!

I can’t believe I get 5 full days with my best Disney partner. There’s going to be so much joy and laughter.

Again, I’m so happy for you! I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time and we’d love to hear about it when you return.

So excited you and Alex have a trip planned. So much fun. I laughed when you described your personality traits. We have a saying here ( not sure if it’s worldwide) “ The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” :rotfl: Gotta confess though it might actually be the way to my heart too- who doesn’t love planning Disney meals/snacks/desserts/drinks :confused3 :rotfl2:

I know you mom thinks she’s done with Disneyworld but you never know she may feel differently in another year or so. Cancer surgery and treatment really take a toll and recovery time varies for everyone. That first year is tough. I’m now 4 years down the line and I can honestly say that while some of the medications are not fun I am pretty much back to being me. There was one day in 2020 when I wore my Fitbit as I was shielding due to chemo and felt so crap I couldn’t even go downstairs to walk around the back garden- I walked the grand total of 167 steps that day! The whole day! That was basically the 10 steps or so each way to the loo from my bed. Now I’m back doing my almost 20,000 step walks every Friday with my friend. We started these walks every Friday when our youngest boys started school together ( that’s how we met) and we are still doing them even though the boys don’t go to the same school anymore. Anyway all that just to say it takes time to feel like yourself again even long after the surgery has healed so while your mum may feel like she’s done with it for now she may feel differently in a year or two but as you say if she doesn’t you can still cherish the memories ( and hang that photo) of your trips together and plan for mother daughter trips with Evie. A birthday/halloween trip would be amazing 🥰
Before that though you’ve got this grownups getaway with Alex to enjoy :cheer2:

Last edited:
My sandals did survive the soaking they got. I was very surprised.

Thanks for sharing your new trip plans. They are so exciting.

I hope you're able to find a balance with touring the parks with Alex and recovery from you races. Taking those extra walks should help.

Great meal plans and I'm excited your trying some new places. It's really easy to go back to the same places over and over when we really like them.

I'll be looking for for you in Epcot on Friday and Studios on Sunday in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter