• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Widow, the Spinster, and the Missus take on Disneyland - A little OT Interlude in Napa Part 2 4/30

We were staying at a Hampton Inn (on points because hotels are incredibly expensive here), so we got complimentary breakfast. I had my usual waffle, and it just wasn’t as good as they usually are. Neither were the potatoes or sausage.

q24IRL0210NV01.jpg
Breakfast was...not good but unlike everything else in Napa, Free!
Well, the only way you can get to the top of the Mountain is if one person purchases a $55 wine tasting. A second person can accompany them for $20 without the tasting. But you don’t get to ride the tram unless someone purchases a tasting. Oh well, it would have been fun. Here’s a look at the tram.

q24IRL0210NV02.jpg
These guys are letting a profit gold mine go by not letting non-drinkers ride the tram up. Dumb move!
Ok, let’s see what else we can do before our 11:30 tasting.

q24IRL0210NV04.jpg
Very Game of Thrones!
At the front counter they started us off with a taste of this very special Sauvignon Blanc. It was REALLY good and a bit pricey. In the end, Jill and I each bought a couple of bottles to be shipped home. I still have both of mine.

q24IRL0210NV09.jpg
This was delicious and I ordered 3 bottles....Alison we should crack one open when you are here in June!
This little appetizer of popcorn was Ah-mazing. It was topped with Meyer Lemon and Parmesan, it was soooo good!

q24IRL0210NV11.jpg
It was soooo good! I found the recipe online so we can try to recreate it!
Near the end of our tasting I needed a bio break. You can see Jill sitting at our table. We had a lovely view of the vineyards from where we were sitting.

q24IRL0210NV18.jpg
Cakebread was stunning and I love the open tasting lounge better than the BV cellar. It was so relaxing and the gentleman pouring was really personable.
I have recently come to really enjoy their Merlot. I brought a bottle over to Jenny and Michael’s house when he cooked dinner and the Merlot was really tasty! I also realized that I was definitely cellarring my wines a little too long. Not that they are going bad, but they are ready to drink a lot sooner than I originally thought. So I need folks to come help me catch up on my Red Wines!
I'll be there in 2 weeks to help!
This was the residence that the Senior Beringer built, we decided to go tour that.

q24IRL0210NV24.jpg
The house and grounds were gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect! We missed the rain....this trip was right in the middle of all the huge rainstorms California was getting!
But first a wine selfie!

q24IRL0210NV25.jpg
I actually look decent for once!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter