The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

I think I would have left them the 1st day, so I dont know how you waited so long!! It makes me appreciate the fact that last year when my sister went with us we only got into a FEW....arguments, nothing compared to your trip. At least you have your makeup trip really soon!!!:banana:

Believe it or not, the french lady was interesting. She wasn't a tourist, she was a CM who had lived in Orlando for 12 years, had won her visa in the Lottery and was getting ready to take her citizenship test.

AKA : my dream.

I've entered the visa lottery every year since 1999.
Clearly, someone up there does not want me to come "home" :(

We spent almost an hour chatting with her, then it was time to go and check in our new resort : Coronado Springs ! Our first time there.

Our first good suprise, the bus to CSR was nearly empty. And only took 10mns to bring us to the resort.

The CM at the checkin desk was nice enough. I asked if we were in the same building and he told us we had connecting rooms. I didn't know if I shoud be thankful for that or not. Probably not! But we had gotten the building I had requested, Casitas 5.

First off, we were all thirsty so we stopped by Pepper Market to buy us all mugs. Jessica then announced she wanted a "snack". We had an ADR at Whispering Canyon that night - Jess's first choice, but a "snack" couldn't hurt right ?
The "snack" turned out to be a double cheeseburger and fries.
I should have known what would happen.

Coronado Springs is SO pretty !!! .........................

At some point - it was about 8.30pm - Alex called and asked me where the bus stop was and how they could come back from Pleasure Island after it closed. I was glad that they were at least going out somewhere, even if it wasn't with us.

Grumpy & I just walked around DTD looking at the stores, took our sweet time, vented, and were back at CSR a bit after midnight.

I could hear Jess snore through the wall.

Okay, I've been lurking through your entire report -- I just can't stop reading, kind of like when you have to slow down to look at a car wreck even though you know you should let the victims have their privacy....

But now I just have to ask -- you switched hotels and took them with you????? Couldn't you and Grumpy have just left Alex and Jess where they were??? Don't know if you've ever watched Survival or any of the other American made reality shows, but really, it's way past time to vote your sister off the island!

Hope your bruises heal quickly!!!

Don't know if you've ever watched Survival or any of the other American made reality shows, but really, it's way past time to vote your sister off the island!

::yes:: agree!! :rotfl2:

Oh hey I just remember that I forgot to mention that we stayed in Casitas 5 on our October trip! It's a great location, isn't it? Close to the main building but not far from the pool or the bus stop! :thumbsup2

They missed Spectro and Wishes? They'll never know what they missed, it's not something that can easily be described, it has to be experienced.

Their loss. I do hope you and Grumpy were able to make it on another night though!

Thanks for the update, this is a fantastic report!!!

I have been lurking on your TR. It is fantastic. I know I shouldn't take joy out of someone else's misery, but you TR is so funny. I can't wait for the next installment.

i feel so guilty for saying this .... but Im really enjoying your trip report - how dare you go to sleep when this many people are hanging on waiting for the next installement he he he only kidding

"Although, I woud have enjoyed it more if I hadn't stumbled out of the clammobile on our way out and landed on my hands and knees in front of everyone.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't get up. Jess hid behind a CM and nearly peed her pants. I wanted the floor to open up so I could crawl under it, but I was still on that stupid moving walkway, so all the floor was doing was sucking me back into Nemo.
"Help me, help me, I don't wanna live with jellyfish!!!!"
Jess stopped laughing long enough to pull me up and we ran away from that fishy hell hole. What was hysterical was the CMs, who didn't quite know if they were allowed to laugh or not. They kept asking if I was okay, but I bet all they wanted to do was pee their pants too."

This is too funny..... this would be me,,, and i did almost do this on Peter Pan... lol, didnt realize the walk way was moving when i stepped out, although I did know when I got on and not that the ride is that long to give me time to forget.

You know, I don't think SO many people have ever felt SO bad about enjoying a TR. (myself included) :lmao:

Too bad about the connecting rooms :laughing: , I really feel so badly for you reading this trip report, It's a good thing you have another trip to look forward to real soon :goodvibes . How did you like CSR? I have to ask, were the rooms clean enough? We are staying there this october and our last 2 trips have been to Poly so I'm worried I might not like CSR. Though the pics look beautiful.

I'm turning a lovely shade of purplishgreen, and whatever was left of my pride is gone, but I'm doing fine.
Yeah, cute guy saw me crash.
I doubt he'll ever let me play with his hose again.

Oh get your minds out of the gutter :eek:, he's the gardener.

You're cracking me up!!!!! :rotfl2: Seriously, you missed a fun dinner at WCC! I'm still shaking my head though, at how ungrateful your sister is!!!!

Too bad about the connecting rooms :laughing: , I really feel so badly for you reading this trip report, It's a good thing you have another trip to look forward to real soon :goodvibes . How did you like CSR? I have to ask, were the rooms clean enough? We are staying there this october and our last 2 trips have been to Poly so I'm worried I might not like CSR. Though the pics look beautiful.

We have stayed at CSR twice, 5/05 & 4/07. We love CSR. It is our favorite Mod resort. It is very clean and nicely laid out. The grounds are beautiful and we have never had a problem with the buses. The only negative to us is the food court. Instead of getting a tray and getting what you want, you have to be seated first and then get your food and sit. I guess you could get it to go, but it seemed a little more of a hassle then at POR, POP, or CBR - JMO.

We have stayed at CSR twice, 5/05 & 4/07. We love CSR. It is our favorite Mod resort. It is very clean and nicely laid out. The grounds are beautiful and we have never had a problem with the buses. The only negative to us is the food court. Instead of getting a tray and getting what you want, you have to be seated first and then get your food and sit. I guess you could get it to go, but it seemed a little more of a hassle then at POR, POP, or CBR - JMO.

I agree! The Pepper Market is confusing at first...by the time I got the hang of it, we were 2 days away from leaving. I highly suggest that you just go there with the intent of sitting down and eating at a table. We went in there one morning planning to just get bagels or something that we could eat while waiting at the bus stop...but once you see the chefs making fresh meals for everyone else, you'll want one too! Not to mention that even if you're in the Casitas Buildings, it's still a 5-10 minute walk from the Pepper Market to your room (or vice versa). We were in Casitas 5 and it took me just about 10 minutes to walk.

I agree! The Pepper Market is confusing at first...by the time I got the hang of it, we were 2 days away from leaving. I highly suggest that you just go there with the intent of sitting down and eating at a table. We went in there one morning planning to just get bagels or something that we could eat while waiting at the bus stop...but once you see the chefs making fresh meals for everyone else, you'll want one too! Not to mention that even if you're in the Casitas Buildings, it's still a 5-10 minute walk from the Pepper Market to your room (or vice versa). We were in Casitas 5 and it took me just about 10 minutes to walk.

Thank you both :)

I am coming out of lurkdom to say, i really enjoy this tr. Sorry for what you went through, Sorry i am getting so much enjoyment out of it. I know what it's like to plan EVERything and have PITA family who don't get that you're in your happy place and just want to share it with everyone you love!

ANd I've been a little boohooing on myself and this is making me feel better! Not your pain, your humor and your gift with stories! so keep it coming!

I just want to say how much I am LOVING this report - even though I would have punched your sister long before now. This is getting me through tech rehearsals for a big show. I rush home after work and no matter how tired I am, I HAVE to get caught up before I go to bed.:surfweb: Thanks for adding humor to what is usually a humorless week! Keep them coming.

Oh, and I am going back to read all your other reports too. You are a fantastic writer!

marivaid....

first of all... I LOVE your trip report :lovestruc! I usually don't like to read trip reports that don't have tons of pictures but yours really caught my attention and your writing style is great. I love your sense of humor and feel bad you had to go through everything with sister (she reminds me a bit of my sister.. very selfish.. but your sister definitely is worse than mine!).. but maybe you'll look back on it one day and laugh? :confused3 ... either way, just know that your experience at least is good entertainment for all of us!

second... I wish I could take a girls only trip with you to disney! I think we would get along so well and have a great time (to make up for your trip this time).

third .... Ok, I swear I'm a normal, fun, regular girl when I say this.. but if my husband and I happened to take a vacation to Paris... would you be interested in hanging out? I don't even know if we ARE going to France, but we've been talking about taking a big trip early next year to get away from our horrible winters here in New York and my husband wants to take me to France (he's been a few times).... It would be great to meet up with a local person who could show us around and tip us off to the places more locals go. While I do want to go to The Lourve and all the tourist areas.. I also want to get a feel for more "real" France. You can private message me.. or maybe I should have private messaged you!

all in all.. I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful trip report! can't wait to hear more! :woohoo:

I get so excited when I go to my email account and see that this thread has further messages...... Not that I don't enjoy reading others messages its the dissappointment that follows when I don't see a new installment!:sad1:

I hope you will write another trip report on your next visit too! :cheer2:

Oh well, she's back on form then :headache:

I'm glad you got to seperate for a while (lets your blood pressure go down a bit!) but it's such a shame she didn't want to see WCC and MK :confused3

Those marshmallows look soooooo yummypopcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: I am definately gonna try one when we go, I don't know if you noticed but there is a Disney periodic table (I work in a lab so kind of know what the real thing is like) instead of the elements there are Disney characters like Goofonium or something, I wish I could have a poster of that at home :lovestruc

Roll on your trip to the Poly eh? I can imagine you spening every waking hour doing the stuff you missed as well as all the new stuff you had planned for your next trip :goodvibes

P.S. hope your bruise is getting better, so sorry to hear you wiped out like that :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter