The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Unfortunately the owner that we had booked through said Wyndham is not allowing checkouts on April 15th, we had to change our reservation to check out on the 14th. Has anyone else heard of this policy? I am a little annoyed as we already have plane tickets booked, and really don't want to move hotels for one night.
Yes. Wyndham instituted some new owner only blackout dates. Meaning that owners can't assign guest certificates to reservations for those dates. Well, they can, but they are limited and it seems Wyndham doesn't really know how to implement it. Anyway, this is the reason you can't check out on the 15th. April 15th through 24th is blacked out. Wyndham link below.

TIMESHARE OWNER PRIORITY RESERVATIONS

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a trip planned for this Christmas week. Airbnb and Vrbo both have a couple of postings listing Bonnett Creek, but I know those are blackout dates. Does that mean I shouldn’t trust those postings? A few of them on airbnb are “super hosts” so I don’t think it’s a scam, I’m just not understanding how they’re able to offer Christmas week right now. I’m a little nervous to try booking with them. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a trip planned for this Christmas week. Airbnb and Vrbo both have a couple of postings listing Bonnett Creek, but I know those are blackout dates. Does that mean I shouldn’t trust those postings? A few of them on airbnb are “super hosts” so I don’t think it’s a scam, I’m just not understanding how they’re able to offer Christmas week right now. I’m a little nervous to try booking with them. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Owners can still apply guest certificates to two reservations a year or reservations for the same week that the owner has a reservation. So it is possible that the owner is also traveling at the same time as their listing and will be able to apply the guest certificate. I would reach out to the host if possible to confirm.

They still do have the sales people in the lobby. They are behind a desk/counter off to the side of the check in desk. When we were there a few weeks ago, they also had an employee in the lobby that made sure you went over to the sales desk instead of just walking off. He hangs out near the registration desk with a tablet. My guess is he is watching the check in process and gathering your data. Once your check in is done, the front desk people direct your to him. He comes over and grabs you regardless. Then walks you over to the sales desk people so you can grab your bracelets. I basically gave the sales people five minutes out of courtesy. After that, I told the sales guy politely that I was not going to sit in any sales meetings and no matter what he offered me the answer was going to be no. He then just handed over the bracelets and I was on my way.
Here now. Arrived around 4 so check in was really busy. The girl giving out wristbands started to ask us about timeshares and I politely said "we are really not interested. We really just want to get to our room." She said she completely understood and said to stop by if we changed our minds. She was very nice and not pushy at all. I was expecting worse.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know if you were looking forward to a jetted tub they are no longer in the 2 bedroom deluxe suites in Tower 5. I called the front desk to ask why and they said they are gradually removing them from all the rooms and the first to be converted was tower 5. Just a heads up in case you were looking foward to a jacuzzi bath after a long day at the parks. It is not a deal breaker because this place is amazing, just wish I knew ahead of time. On another note, fireworks view from tower 5 is still great with the new large hotel up in the distance. So great watching 2 sets of fireworks every night.

Checking in tomorrow. Did they dump their masks rules? Can you now sit at the pool bars?

When we were there in September there was no mask rule and pool bars were operating as normal. People were hanging out watching football games while enjoy beverages.

When we were there in September there was no mask rule and pool bars were operating as normal. People were hanging out watching football games while enjoy beverages.
Great! That is one of the things I missed from last year. They wouldn't even let you sit at the bars outside.

Checking in tomorrow. Did they dump their masks rules? Can you now sit at the pool bars?
Rule is still masks on indoors... but very, very few guests are following the rule, unfortunately. Pools bars are fully open and no masks required.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know if you were looking forward to a jetted tub they are no longer in the 2 bedroom deluxe suites in Tower 5. I called the front desk to ask why and they said they are gradually removing them from all the rooms and the first to be converted was tower 5. Just a heads up in case you were looking foward to a jacuzzi bath after a long day at the parks.
Are there still tubs, just not jetted?

[jetted tubs] are no longer in the 2 bedroom deluxe suites in Tower 5. I called the front desk to ask why and they said they are gradually removing them from all the rooms
Wow, I'm surprised by this. That's a kind of standard thing in "better" time share resorts. Huh.

Like you, it is not a key reason to stay there (maybe they're counting on that), but I still think that is is an odd choice by them.

Wow, I'm surprised by this. That's a kind of standard thing in "better" time share resorts. Huh.

Like you, it is not a key reason to stay there (maybe they're counting on that), but I still think that is is an odd choice by them.
DVC has been removing their jetted tubs and replacing with bubblers or plain soakers. I think it may have to do with keeping jetted tubs clean - I’ve read more than one report of disgusting gunk coming out of the jets, not just at DVC resorts.

DVC has been removing their jetted tubs and replacing with bubblers or plain soakers. I think it may have to do with keeping jetted tubs clean - I’ve read more than one report of disgusting gunk coming out of the jets, not just at DVC resorts.
[/QUOTE
When you fill the tub, dirty water collects in and around the jets that is difficult to impossible to clean or even see. If the tubs are infrequently used, that gunk can grow into something even more disgusting.

Most guests use the showers, so it can be weeks before a tub is used.

A guest turns on the jets and sees black stuff or gunk shooting out and gets unhappy.

Removing these is a good thing.

Many of the bigger brand name timeshares are starting to remove the jetted tubs. Marriott's Grande Vista over on International Drive is starting fresh rounds of villa renovations and starting to remove the big jetted tubs in favor of big walk in showers. I am actually okay with the move as we never use the tubs, but I do know a lot of people that like them. I think the issue is mainly maintenance and probably some lack of use. A lot of people are concerned with the cleanliness. I cleaned the tub at Marriott's Cypress Harbour and it created a black rim around the top edge of the water. It mostly wiped off, but that was in the jets and pipes of the tub that someone who didn't clean it would instead be bathing in.

A random observation: Wyndham typically deposits their resorts in RCI about 7-8 months prior to use, though there are some smaller patterns. I have not seen Wyndham deposit Bonnet Creek in RCI since they deposited February '21 several months ago (and that one did not include P-Week). Cypress Palms, Star Island, and Reunion have all been deposited through June '21.

In light of the Guest Cert restrictions, this is definitely tipping the balance in favor of owning in Wyndham (resale!) if you want to stay there regularly.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know if you were looking forward to a jetted tub they are no longer in the 2 bedroom deluxe suites in Tower 5. I called the front desk to ask why and they said they are gradually removing them from all the rooms and the first to be converted was tower 5. Just a heads up in case you were looking foward to a jacuzzi bath after a long day at the parks. It is not a deal breaker because this place is amazing, just wish I knew ahead of time. On another note, fireworks view from tower 5 is still great with the new large hotel up in the distance. So great watching 2 sets of fireworks every night.
Are there any bathtubs at all? No bathtub is going to be a dealbreaker with young kids. I don't care if they're jetted or not but my 2 year old can't take a shower...

It seems really unlikely that the would remove the tub from the main bathroom completely (rather than just replace it with a soaker/bubbler.) What else would they put in that space? (I had thought Tower 5 had bubblers from more or less the beginning, but maybe I am thinking of Tower 6.)

And in 2BRs or larger, the second bathrooms all have tub/shower combos.

It seems really unlikely that the would remove the tub from the main bathroom completely (rather than just replace it with a soaker/bubbler.) What else would they put in that space? (I had thought Tower 5 had bubblers from more or less the beginning, but maybe I am thinking of Tower 6.)

And in 2BRs or larger, the second bathrooms all have tub/shower combos.
Ok, thanks. We have a 2 BR for our first reservation at this resort next June, so that is a relief.

Are there any bathtubs at all? No bathtub is going to be a dealbreaker with young kids. I don't care if they're jetted or not but my 2 year old can't take a shower...

Though I think you're safe with the 2 bedroom, I wanted to pipe in that a bathtub is not always a dealbreaker for young kids. Our toddler (turned two last month) LIVES for showers - he hears the water come on and runs to join whoever is in there. I tell guests to lock the door:rotfl:. He takes a bath occasionally for the play aspect but showers every single day. We've never used a hotel bathtub and stay in a hotel 2-3 nights a month on average, even when he was a baby. Big walk in showers are definitely our preference!

I think time share type accommodations, especially, are best designed with multiple options for every family type. Some love a bath, some love a big shower. Hopefully tubs stay around for those that prefer them and more add nice big showers when possible.

Someone posted on another site that tower 6 pool is closed for renovations, can anyone confirm this? And if so does anyone know for how long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter