The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I would be a groupie of anything, but glad to be one here. We love VWL! The music, WCC, Iron Spike Room, Roaring Forks, the smells, the crickets chirping, the lanterns flickering, the animal footprints in the pathways, sitting by both fireplaces, etc.

Speaking of smells, Yankee Candle has another one Sparkling Pine which is seasonal right now that can be bought. Though not as close as Autumn Lodge, still has similar aroma.

Yes, we rub Humphreys nose so the magic can begin. DS rings the bells by the arcade. Have to do it all, soak it all in, make it last til the next trip.

We will be leaving in 2 hrs in fact, staying at All Star Sports 2 nights then moving to VWL til Dec 6. Cant wait! But had to check in here with my VWL friends first.

jimmytammy said:
We will be leaving in 2 hrs in fact, staying at All Star Sports 2 nights then moving to VWL til Dec 6. Cant wait! But had to check in here with my VWL friends first.

Oh Dec 6th is DH and my 20th wedding anniversary. Would you mind rubbing Humphreys nose for us before you leave that day? We want to renew our vows on our 25th at WDW - probably at the WL.

starbox, great photos of your daughter :) I think you belong!
Here is a photo taken in Jan of 05 of the villa's lobby
47b6d903b3127cce8bd357ffac8700000016108AZuWzZw3cs8

There are others of you out there!!! :goodvibes
I want my ashes spread at VWL! I once got 2 air freshener room sprays at the mercantile that they no longer carry; I have remnents left that when I spray takes us back to WL. It is from Aromatique? and I need to search ebay for more.
I really think that I am never more blissed out anywhere on earth more than at WL grounds. We are going from 12/10-12/15 and have a 2 bedroom to share with some cherished friends who have never stayed there before (but are Disneyphiles).
I have some Aaron Copeland music playing here in the lobby at work as I type! :teeth:

OK, refresh my memory here. Which one of you was the one who, when walking into the WL lobby for the first time, said (trying to remember the quote) "You great big beautiful man, where have you been all my life?"?

I loved that! :sunny:

VWL is not my "home" resort.....but I'd love to join the group (please ? :wave2: ). When we became DVC Members (summer of 2000), the VWL wasn't even offered. I wasn't even aware it was being planned. As much as we love OKW.....I think we probably would have purchased VWL had it been available. We only own 170 points at OKW (own an offsite timeshare as well so we didn't need a whole lot of points) and we travel with 5-6 people most times. We can stretch our points much more easily at OKW and we love the larger rooms/balcony.
BUT, there's just something special about the Lodge as well. :love:
My dream is to one day own points at both OKW and VWL. :cloud9: Even the talk of AKV or the Contemp Villas doesn't inspire me as much as the WL does. For shorter weeknight trips, we try and book VWL when it's available. Don't get me wrong---we still love OKW and I did vote for that resort in the poll, but VWL was such a close 2nd (I mean by a hair !). Both of these resorts have a laid-back, relaxed feel and we're drawn to that.

As soon as we get some disposable money, we definitely plan to add-on at VWL. Came very close last year, but then my ds who was a freshman in college, hit a deer coming home from school for Thanksgiving break. Thankfully he was not hurt, but his car was literally destroyed. So there went our VWL "add-on fund" money !
Then we needed a new driveway this summer.......oh man....one day I'm gonna have some some extra money that I can get some points at the VWL.
Just LOVE this place ! The sights, sounds, smells, ambience.......... :lovestruc So perhaps you'll all deem me worthy to join the club. I have alot of admiration for the VWL/WL.
We just stayed there Oct 4-8 :
ec8cbd91.jpg

ec8cbd77.jpg

PS: I'll be in WDW Dec 1-4 but couldn't get a DVC ressie. It was a last minute trip. I'll be staying at the CBR, but have a dinner planned at WL for Dec 1. So I can't wait to get back and see the Lodge in all it's holiday splendor. So if any of you will be around the resort on Dec 1 (6:40 pm is our dinner time @WC), I'd love to meet. :woohoo:

Welcome Maria!
I love the photos of the fireplace!
I wish I could be there to meet you in Dec...it's so pretty with the Christmas decorations up :) I'll be thinking about you enjoying WCC on the 1st!

Welcome MiaSRN62! You certainly sound like a VWL groupie to me too!

We will just miss you at VWL, we arrive that Sunday. Someday.....

We will just miss you at VWL, we arrive that Sunday. Someday.....
That's too bad (do u mean Dec 3 ?)....I'm actually in WDW until Monday afternoon (Dec 4). I have dinner planned at Kona's Sunday night with some friends. One day we'll be able to meet up ! Hope u have a terrific trip :thumbsup2

Oh this makes me so excited to go "home" next week!!! Our last TWO trips we have had to stay someplace else and while it was still great, it was not the Lodge! I can't wait to walk into the lobby to check in and to make the walk from the main building to the lodge with the garland above us on the walk way, and hearing the Christmas music. I have goose bumps!!!!!

Muushka said:
OK, refresh my memory here. Which one of you was the one who, when walking into the WL lobby for the first time, said (trying to remember the quote) "You great big beautiful man, where have you been all my life?"?

I loved that! :sunny:
Muushka....just for you I dug this one up!

I'm a little partial to this part of the quote:
The wilderness lodge is themeing at it's best. this is big, bold, if you can't run with the big dogs-stay the heck on the porch, jaw dropping details.

MiaSRN62 said:
That's too bad (do u mean Dec 3 ?)....I'm actually in WDW until Monday afternoon (Dec 4). I have dinner planned at Kona's Sunday night with some friends. One day we'll be able to meet up ! Hope u have a terrific trip :thumbsup2
Yup, Dec 3. Have a great trip also! :wave:

VWL groupie here, too! :wave:

We originally bought at BCV, but it ate at me. We've since done two add ons at VWL. It is our WDW HOME. It just feels right there to us. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Matter of fact, we have BCV booked for NYE and I'm kinda sad we're not at VWL instead. Don't get me wrong - I love the area BCV is in and SAB is great for the kids, but VWL is so cozy and comfortable. We tend to spend most of our time at the MK anyway and we like the boat ride over.

Funny, I'm NOT an outdoorsy type of person either... I don't know why VWL fits in so well with us.

I also love the AKL theming, it reminds me of the WL. We might be very tempted to add on there, but then the thought of the Contemporary being next - I personally don't like the Contemporary theming (or lack of), but with the monorail and being able to walk to the MK it speaks to us! Decisions, decisions...

DVC Jen said:
Oh Dec 6th is DH and my 20th wedding anniversary. Would you mind rubbing Humphreys nose for us before you leave that day? We want to renew our vows on our 25th at WDW - probably at the WL.

Jen

We will do that for you! After all, you and your DH provide us with that wonderful WL music. Happy Anniversary!!

jimmytammy said:
Jen

We will do that for you! After all, you and your DH provide us with that wonderful WL music. Happy Anniversary!!

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

Happy upcoming anniversary Jennifer ! The WL/VWL will be a wonderful place to celebrate :love:

Add me to the list! Not an owner YET...but hopefully someday soon. I was hooked from the first moment I saw the place. The kids and I call the Copeland and Western music we play at home our WL music. I bought lamps & wall sconces to remind me of the lodge. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the place!

I always think I want to experience other resorts but just can't imagine them living up to WL!! It soothes my soul!

Granny said:
Muushka....just for you I dug this one up!

I'm a little partial to this part of the quote:

Granny! How did I miss your post?? I just saw it today. Yes, that is it! And yes, I forgot about that part of the quote, also great!!!

Where is eliza61??? She needs to be here!

How did you find it? I have such a hard time with the search feature now, I don't even bother trying to find things. Is there a 'Granny' trick

DH and I bought at VWL in Aug and have yet to "go home" We bought sight unseen; have never even visited the place but since BWV was not a possibility at the time, we took a leap of faith! We were planning on going in March '07 and staying at WL anyway, I guess we just upped the ante!

I LOVE reading all these great posts about how wonderful it is! Keep 'em coming! Only 111 days to go!!!!

BTW, couldn't somebody do a playlist on iTunes of WL music, based on the allearsnet.com I might look into doing that for y'all.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter