• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic: Conclusion

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic

11th-14th December 2008

Conclusion

Well the trip was a mixed bag and not as enjoyable as October's trip. I'll be going back but I have the feeling that if this was the first trip for me then it may have been the last and I hate that feeling.

High's

1. Meeting Santa
  2. Spending time with my parents and brother
  3. The whole surprise element of the holiday
  4. The Davy Crockett Ranch
  5. Walt Disney Studio's
  6. Christmas Village
  7. Disney Village

Low's

1. Lied to by CM, costing us £150 extra
  2. Pushing incident
  3. Busy as heck
  4. Christmas not as good as halloween

Sorry to hear there is a bitter taste (this is similar to my parent's trip last time sadly). But overall it looked like there was some fun to be had.

The crowds are crazy at weekends, particularly during busy seasons, this is why we either avoid them or stay at the DLH/Off Site and make use of table service. But crowds, weather, illness and bad behaviour can put you off.

we have contended with lost wallets, 9/11 attacks and silence, bruised ribs, but I still love going to DLP. Hopefully this trip means the rest will be good for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Oh, and Peter Pan's screens were also broken August and October this year sadly.

well.....im glad that there were more highs than lows, but omg at that woman pushing kacee - at least the cm realised and helped, so a lil bit of magic was restored!!!
i hope that u get major compensation for being lied to about the ap so that magic can be restored, and i guess ur glad kacee is still young enough to forget the bad and remember the good.....

btw - did u get ur camera back?????

Sorry to hear there is a bitter taste (this is similar to my parent's trip last time sadly). But overall it looked like there was some fun to be had.

The crowds are crazy at weekends, particularly during busy seasons, this is why we either avoid them or stay at the DLH/Off Site and make use of table service. But crowds, weather, illness and bad behaviour can put you off.

we have contended with lost wallets, 9/11 attacks and silence, bruised ribs, but I still love going to DLP. Hopefully this trip means the rest will be good for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Oh, and Peter Pan's screens were also broken August and October this year sadly.

It takes a lot to put a Lincoln off of Disney...after all we helped build the place :lmao:

I'll not let it put me off going again, just chalk it down to experience and not book during the weekends over Christmas/Halloween again.

I love the place and hearing some of my Dad's stories from when he was working there as we were walking round made the trip really cool. I've had one bad experience in 17 trips so the next 16 should all be fine :lmao:

well.....im glad that there were more highs than lows, but omg at that woman pushing kacee - at least the cm realised and helped, so a lil bit of magic was restored!!!
i hope that u get major compensation for being lied to about the ap so that magic can be restored, and i guess ur glad kacee is still young enough to forget the bad and remember the good.....

btw - did u get ur camera back?????

Yeah I did...how lucky/stupid was that :scared1:

I'm annoyed at myself really Nikki, I should have stuck to my guns and said that we would just have Fantasy Passes...although I'd appreciate an answer to my complaint I'm not after anything in return..just an aknowledgement that I was indeed correct and that the CM needs to learn to check something when questioned.

I'm annoyed at myself really Nikki, I should have stuck to my guns and said that we would just have Fantasy Passes...although I'd appreciate an answer to my complaint I'm not after anything in return..just an aknowledgement that I was indeed correct and that the CM needs to learn to check something when questioned.

yeah, but u expect them to know what theyre doing - after all its what theyre there for!!!! i think it ud be fair for them to offer sumthin, after all, they did force u to have the dream, as u had no choice for any other pass - did u???

glad ur not put off (well, obviously not as ur lookin at dc already lol) but i agree with avoiding weekends - am wondering how we will do now as we can only do school hols (think its pushin it if we take ds1 out AGAIN next yr for another disney holiday - but we will see....;) )

am tryin to do trip report, but photos are taking forever to upload!!!

aww thank you for taking time out to tell us about your trip!
That woman gggggggggggrrrrr if that happens to me I will be fuming! What an absolute cow!

So sorry to hear about Uncle Matty, this is one thing I am absolutely terrified about happening (happened all 3 times before but hoping its coincidence):sad1: Its actually spoiling the thought of our holiday for me! Petrified doesn't come close!
I hope he is feeling tons better:hug:

Im so glad aswell that you give a true report of your tripand not making it sound better than it was, thats appreciated!:thumbsup2

Glad that because of illness, crowds and the behaviour of a minority you have not been put off DLP :)

the best way to forget a not so good trip is to book again ASAP right ? ;) :rotfl:

I am still going to go on weekends (always have done) but not @ xmas again i don't think! the mixture of illness / weather / bad feeling in the park was a combo i dont want to repeat!

scamp,we have to go during school hols / wkends,as eldest is in secondary school and i wont take him out at this age

honestly summer holidays was fab! :goodvibes busy yes,but a lot more enjoyable as a whole than our xmas wkend trip!

We went 23-27th November. Last day was a saturday we had a late night flight. The Saturday was horrible, place was packed and it was wet. So we gave up on the rides and went to Backlot Express for lunch when we came out Rock n Roller Coaster's line had doubled to 120mins from 60mins. So we went for a wande through the shops and back to the Santa Fe for some well needed drinks. If we were to go again would probably go Sunday till Friday. Mid-week was great longest queue was 40 mins and that was Crush. ToT (our fav ride) was basically a walk on all week.

I'm glad the lows haven't put you off going again. I was looking at going for a day trip for the Christmas season but seeing *** I can only really go at the weekends i'm not going to go.

Sorry that you had so many bad incidents to contend with and happy to see it hasn't put you off another trip.I hope everyone has recovered and that you get some compensation for the extra money you had to spend.

I found that in Jan 07 at the weekend it was very busy....queue for BTM 90mins.So I thought this time round we will go during the week.So happens it is the last 2 days of the Christmas season, I am expecting it to be a lot busier that I anticipated !!!!!!

We went 23-27th November. Last day was a saturday we had a late night flight. The Saturday was horrible, place was packed and it was wet. So we gave up on the rides and went to Backlot Express for lunch when we came out Rock n Roller Coaster's line had doubled to 120mins from 60mins. So we went for a wande through the shops and back to the Santa Fe for some well needed drinks. If we were to go again would probably go Sunday till Friday. Mid-week was great longest queue was 40 mins and that was Crush. ToT (our fav ride) was basically a walk on all week.

oh my lordy! thats just beyond ridiculous! :scared1:

I have just read all the installments. First can I say how impressed I am at the speed you put them up on the boards. I'm sure it is very appreciated by everyone. I'm sorry to hear that everything did not live up to expectation & about the incident when Kacee was pushed aside, but luckily he won't remember it & will only think about all the good things. I've had it happen to me before & it makes your blood boil, I just wish that all character meet & greets were organised. I'm glad to see that there were more pros than cons on your list and that you are thinking of going back again next year.

Glad to read that there are more highs than lows and that you're not put off about going back there again:)

John,
I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm very impressed that you turned it out so quickly. Sorry that you met some disappointment on this trip and so sorry that Uncle Matty was ill, but all things considered I think you and your crew handled it all well. Thank goodness for the Disney philosophy and training--and the alert Mickey and handler who recovered things after the dreadful pushing incident. You'll always remember the jerk, but your precious Kacee will only remember Mickey.

I've just read your trip reports and in spite of illness, your poor little chap knocked over and CM's giving out duff information it does sound like a lovely trip and it's nice to see more highlights than lowlights. Kacee saying goodbye to Santa sounds adorable :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter