The TRIP of all Trips... Ana's MAW PTR... *TR STARTED* Link- Post #1901 Pg. 127

I caught that! And unless you want another "Timmy" calling bandit on your hands....:lmao:
I'll join in on that!!!! :lmao:
Oh great... not again!!!! :sad2::sad2:

Along for the ride! I had my Wish trip to Disney when I was 10! My husband and I were able to visit last December and I loved being able to show him around Give Kids the World Village. It has changed so much in the last 13 years! We also got married in front of the chapel!
That is so great! It is awesome that you are able to go back an visit... I'm sure going back to GKTW brought back some memories.

You were married in front of the chapel at GKTW?

Your story is very touching and I cannot imagine what you and your wife went through. Coming from a patient point of view, even when her being so young, it's just as hard to watch your parents go thru an illness of a child, as it is to be the ill child. I'm so glad to hear she doing amazing now! :)
It was the hardest thing we ever had to do in our lives, but we had so much support from family & friends which helped us through. I would of done anything to switch places with Juliana.

Copy Direct...Eagle One One...out.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Who's side am I on anyway...I was always the fat kid getting picked last when I was younger (though I made up for it later)...but still, some scars run deep:rotfl2:
I hope you pick my side... it's just more fun over here on the East Coast!

If cookies are wrong, then I don't want to be right. :thumbsup2
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH.... I know we are mortal enemies, but I like your thinking! :thumbsup2

Cookies are never wrong, I just think Fed would appreciate a nice, tall COLD ONE more. And I'm sure that Tim will be happy to provide Fed with something like that more than just some stale cookies. I know I would if Tim doesn't want to - but hey, when Tim says he does, then Fed is doubly taken care of.
Cold one or Dole Whip..... Fed, take your pick!

Hey, does this chain of conversation constitute a hijacking? pirate:
Yes it is hijacking... but it's ok! I give you guys full permission to hijack anytime!

I'd say yes, but the way Tim cranks these things out, it will be short lived. pirate:pirate:
True. Very True!

Finally made it over...I'm sitting here wiping tears away. Wow...what you and Melody (and Ana) have been through. I knew a little of her history, but thanks for taking the time to give us the whole story. It must have been hard to re-live it. :hug:
Thanks for coming!

2007 was a hard year... it has gotten easier. We still get nervous and anxious leading up to her appointments.

It is hard... but it is good to remember what happened.

I am doing one, but haven't started a thread yet. I'm trying to type it all out in Word before school starts back so that it'll be easier for me to post regular updates. Otherwise I know I'd get about halfway through and then get busy and it would stall out for months. I'll let you know when I start it, though! :goodvibes
Good Idea!!!

Maybe I should have used this method! When you do start let me know!

Late to the party...but Barry and Dr. thatsnice...this is for you...

Link
LOL That is great! Love it!

Wow Tim, what a story. So glad that she is doing so well now.

Subbing!
Thanks Mike!

Oh, oh. I think someone is mad at me...he skipped my last post. ;)

Goodnight, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow. :hug:

Good... trying to respond to everyone. I have 2 updates... one for the TR & one for the PTR. UGGGGGG This is harder than I thought! :lmao:

Oh yay, perhaps they'll be posted by the A.M. Off to bed, but hopefully something look forward to...

We LOVE you, Timmy.
Oh, oh. I think someone is mad at me...he skipped my last post. ;)

Goodnight, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow. :hug:
LOL Thanks for typing that... I did miss it!

See ya tomorrow! Goodnight!

Oh yay, perhaps they'll be posted by the A.M. Off to bed, but hopefully something look forward to...
Nite... I am a late night TR updater now. You'll have something tomorrow! :goodvibes

**Team Tim** Even I am not Ba**sy enought to call him Timmy...:lmao:

Now, about that cold one...................:rotfl2:

I'm in for this one too...what a remarkable little girl you have princess: and what wonderful loving parents you and Mel are. :hug:

Yes there is a beautiful fountain in front of the chapel. It is awesome!

DSC00286.jpg

**Team Tim** Even I am not Ba**sy enought to call him Timmy...:lmao:

Now, about that cold one...................:rotfl2:
Good man!!!! You want to stay on my team you will never use the Timmy word... unless it is absolutely necessary (which will be never!)

I'm in for this one too...what a remarkable little girl you have princess: and what wonderful loving parents you and Mel are. :hug:
:welcome: thanks for joining!

Thank you for the kind words!

I feel better now...you still love me. :)
But of course!!!!! :grouphug:

Yes there is a beautiful fountain in front of the chapel. It is awesome!

DSC00286.jpg
Wow! That is awesome that you got married at GKTW! I have seen a few pics of the fountain.

Do you have dates yet? When do you want to go?
I am getting read to post another update that should answer your questions... I hope! ;)

I am getting read to post another update that should answer your questions... I hope! ;)[/QUOTE]
I hope you do and it's when you want to go.

While Juliana was going through chemo, her nurse, Barbara, suggested MAW to us. We had to wait till Juliana was a little older since she was only 1 when she was going through treatment. She told us when we were ready, contact MAW and she would forward them what ever paperwork they needed. As I was searching for a few other pictures I came across these.

This was the day of Juliana's last chemo treatment. This was on the way to her room in the clinic... She always had the knack to get a prize before and after her treatment! LOL

DSC00651.jpg

The nurses at CCMC are all so nice and caring.

DSC00652.jpg

Juliana with her doctor.

DSC00653.jpg

The best nurse in all of CCMC, Barbara- Juliana's nurse from day 1.

DSC00654.jpg

One last push of Chemo.....

DSC00655.jpg

When we got home, we had a cake for Juliana.

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Juliana being silly

DSC00688.jpg

Not only did Juliana's nurse and doctor tell us about MAW, but a very active member of the DIS boards just happened to read my first TR. She PMed me about MAW and gave me some great info. Thank you. We finally contacted MAW during the fall of 2009 and a few weeks later Juliana was approved for a Wish. We were contacted by her granters and set up a meeting with them on January 15th, 2010. Here are a few quotes I posted here on the DIS about the meeting.

Tomorrow is the big day. Juliana's Wish granters are arriving at our house at 5:30. We haven't tried to sway Juliana in any direction as to what her wish should be. MAW did send her a few activity pages to fill out to try to see what she likes. MAW sent us a list of wishes that were granted in the last year and WDW was the most requested wish by far.

I think she will say Disney but who knows? As long as she doesn't wish for a horse (there was 1 horse given last year)! :lmao:

The meeting went great. They brought Juliana a MAW hat & shirt, a MAW Barbie, a bunch of MAW stickers and a MAW bear. Here is another quote from the DIS

Juliana was granted a WISH!!! It was almost like pulling teeth though. At first it seemed she wanted to have a tea party with the princesses. So her granters were talking about how they would get all the princesses together here in CT for the party. Then the talk shifted to Disney. The granters needed Juliana to be the one to say where she wanted to go.

Well they ended up asking her if she wanted to goto Disney and she said yes! Her trip is 7 days 6 nights staying at Give Kids the World Village. We gave then some dates including April 1, 2010, September 1, 2010, & December 1, 2010.

Pic of Juliana's granters sitting with Juliana having a tea party.

DSC07589.jpg

So when we spoke to her granters we really wanted September 1st. Within the next few weeks I was booked to work on the first weekend of September. It was better that happened because if we went that week, Juliana would of been missing the first week of school. So as of now we think we are going December 1-7th. I say think because our granters have told us they will not let us know any information till OCTOBER!!!!! :scared1:

So basically Melody and I have to try to plan for a trip that isn't guaranteed to even happen in December. What happens if GKTW is filled up by October and we don't have a spot? We have to try to plan out park days with out knowing what time we leave/arrive and what time we come home. Not to even mention the fact that I asked about extending the trip by a few days (on our own dime) and was told that our MAW does not do that. We have family in the Orlando area and it would of been nice to see them. (Melody's cousin & family- including Melody's godson)

We also want to possibly try to fit in the tea party at the GF and who knows maybe MVMCP. We have never been to Sea World or Universal (Florida) and I have no clue about these parks...well besides reading other TRs.

So that is it in a nutshell... Let the planning begin!!!!!!!!!

I love it when I see health professionals who atually LOVE their jobs and find joy in them!!

I can totally understand your frustration about planning a trip that is so uncertain. UGH!!! I guess it will all unfold over time, and that's what a PTR is for- it'll be fun for all of us to see how it all falls into place. And to share your ups and downs with you.

:thumbsup2 good for her, two prizes a treatment! :thumbsup2 that is a tuff one, trying to plan a trip that you have no idea when it is. i would make my adrs and just cancel the ones i didnt need when i found out what was going on.

Hi Tim, Mel & Juliana!! :wave2: I'm here and I'm sorry I'm later than I wanted to be! It doesn't mean I love ya guys any less!! :lovestruc

Every time I read the details of Juliana's story and what you went through, I tear up every time. She is such a sweet angel and I'm so very happy she has done so well since then. YAY for Juliana!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I can't wait to hear about all the details of the trip but I know it's really hard not to be able to plan like you like to! :rotfl: I guess things happen for a reason and you guys always make the best of it! I would love to do the Tea!! I guess I'll save this for a girls trip, one day...

I hope you guys have a great weekend!
Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter