The Trip Is On!!! Trip report starts on pg. 39

and the rest of the Mark Twain pictures.

072-3.jpg

073-4.jpg

074-3.jpg

075-3.jpg

And now back to Duffy pictures. He had fun in New Orleans Square.

032-11.jpg

033-11.jpg

034-10.jpg

Duffy likes clowning around. Obviously.

With everything going on with my sisters health and my back I will do my best to get back on add more tomorrow.

Tuesday February 22 dawned dark and early for me. For some reason I woke up at 4:30am. I guess I was still excited to be at my happy place. So, I decided I would take that time to do my emails and my disboarding. So, I did. That kept me busy until near 6. Not bad, I killed some time. I decided to climb back in bed and read to see if I could doze off. Just as I started to doze into a comfortable sleep Dina was up and getting ready. That's okay because by then I was hungry and ready for breakfast.

After we were ready we had to decide where we were going to eat breakfast. I brought up the fact that I knew White Water Snacks had breakfast and we were going into DCA that morning so going to breakfast at WWS seemed practical. Boy was I glad that we did.
2011-02-22094454.jpg

The All American Breakfast at Whit Water Snacks is wonderful!! When you take into consideration that this is fast food it is incredible. I love how they cook their potatoes. Yummy. I cannot say enough good about this breakfast.

After breakfast we slowly meandered into DCA and headed straight to Soarin' this is the only ride I care about in DCA. We waited in a some what medium to long line. It was great. The next thing on my list of things to do was to walk over and get the Duffy's I was sent to get. Because I knew I was picking up a couple of Duffy's I left mine in the room so at least one of us would get good rest in the room. We headed over to Engine Ear Toys, or whatever the name is.:rolleyes: And I bought two Duffy's and a Buzz Lightyear outfit for my Duffy. Yes, he was no longer going to be naked, but Peanut's which was now my picture taking buddy was going to be naked.

We wandered from shop to shop and I found my Mickey Mouse rain poncho that I HAD to have. I also found a pin that was Ariel and Ursala. I thought it was wonderful. Now here is one of my favorite perks to staying at a resort hotel, I sent one of the Duffy's and my other purchases to the hotel bell desk. And Dina sent the Duffy she bought with his Buzz outfit back to the park. Yes, she fell in love with him too. And soon she was taking the pictures with her camera too. We were quite a sight I am sure.

Soon we were headed towards Animation!! I love Animation, it is one of my favorite locations in the park.

2011-02-22115822.jpg

This is Duffy watching the Toy Story display.

2011-02-22120606.jpg

Even Duffy is a naughty boy sometimes. He knows he shouldn't climb on the railings!!

Then it was time to go see who we were. Duffy went first, he was Mushu. I thought it was rather fitting. I was the Evil Queen.;) And Dina was Mulan.

2011-02-22121749.jpg

Then we went down to Ursala's Grotto and we did the scene from Bambi. It was hilarious and I really wish I had a video camera at the time. From there we decided to go to see the Muppet's 3D. I love the Muppet's.
2011-02-22122703.jpg

2011-02-22122652.jpg

2011-02-22122822.jpg

2011-02-22122839.jpg

2011-02-22123044.jpg

2011-02-22125234.jpg

Duffy really enjoyed the Muppet's too. Dina had never seen it and we had a real good time watching it.

How dusty was his behind when he got up after that pic on the red thing? I knew I saw less "cleanng" CMs at DCA...ick gotta love construction dust.

I am all caught up and lovin your TR so far...you got my favorite DLR food too!
I don't think I will ever visit DLR and not eat Nachos at WWS and DH & I did share but next time I am getting both the chicken & the steak & we can share two plates!
The guacamole is seriously yummy and the chips are so good and fresh mmmm I want some now!

Duffy looks like he was having fun...I can't believe no pics of you...not even a reflection in a MS window WOW! I look like crap in every vacation pic too but I know I was there LOL

How dusty was his behind when he got up after that pic on the red thing? I knew I saw less "cleanng" CMs at DCA...ick gotta love construction dust.

I am all caught up and lovin your TR so far...you got my favorite DLR food too!
I don't think I will ever visit DLR and not eat Nachos at WWS and DH & I did share but next time I am getting both the chicken & the steak & we can share two plates!
The guacamole is seriously yummy and the chips are so good and fresh mmmm I want some now!

Duffy looks like he was having fun...I can't believe no pics of you...not even a reflection in a MS window WOW! I look like crap in every vacation pic too but I know I was there LOL

Oh I know I was there.:rotfl: My bank balance shows it real well. You know I didn't notice the dust until I looked a the pictures later. And it was outside the Muppet's so I am not so sure they can blame that on the construction.

I love their nachos. Yum, and I think the fresh chips say it all to me.

Hi there!!

When we finished on our little trip through New Orleans Square and Frontierland we went through some of my favorite shops. I am talking about those wonderful ones in Frontierland. This is also the sight if my only CM that I encountered that I did not like. He thought I was buying pins for Dina because he saw her give me money, he got an attitude and told me I couldn't get my discount on my AP if I was buying for her. I can get an attitude myself, and I was angry. She had given me $7 and I was buying 5 pins. And frankly at Disneyland the time that 5 pins cost $7 I will be dreaming it because it just isn't going to happen you know? So after I showed him the money and gave him almost what I just typed his attitude totally changed. I was not feeling the magic.

We left there and headed to get lunch. We had a specific lunch in mind. We were going to the Little Red Cart. We wanted corn dogs. Now these are wonderful, but they are also wonderfully greasy we actually used napkins to drain the grease off of them. We took them over to eat at the tables near the AP center so we could sit in the shade and watch the world go by.

I had heard from friends about the Mad Hatter and Alice showing up at Coke Corner and playing musical chairs I just had never seen it in action. This was soon to change. I think my favorite face character has to be the Mad Hatter. He is so much fun.

099-3.jpg

098-3.jpg

097-3.jpg

096-3.jpg

At that point I stopped taking pictures because it was so much fun I decided I would rather watch it. What a great time for the kids that played with them. And one of the cutest things I saw all trip happened during that part of the trip. We had seen three nuns on Tuesday in GCH when we were walking through there. We kind of giggled because that is not a normal sight. Well, of all places for them to show up they showed up at Coke Corner, out of the corner of my eye I see the Queen of Hearts interacting with someone and it was the nuns. They were taking turns getting their picture taken with her. It struck me as really cute. Maybe because although I realize that they are human I don't see them as that human.

After enjoying our time there I had some Duffy photos to take. So the three of us headed straight to the hub. I needed to get the typical tourist shots.

079-2.jpg

Like with the partners statue. Everyone has one of those right?:rotfl:

080-1.jpg

081-1.jpg

082-1.jpg

083-1.jpg

084-1.jpg

Nice pictures from the Coke Corner with Alice and her friends. Nice pics with Duffy at the Partners statue.

Aww, I love all the pictures of Duffy with the statues. So cute. And I love how you mentioned the touristy photos, cause in the first one there are at least two other people with cameras.

Love the update. :)

Aww, I love all the pictures of Duffy with the statues. So cute. And I love how you mentioned the touristy photos, cause in the first one there are at least two other people with cameras.

Love the update. :)

ah ah! I went back and looked!! but they are taking pictures of Walt and Mickey's butts!! Bunch of freaks!! :lmao: jk

That is so cute that they played musical chairs with the kids there. :goodvibes

I love the pic of Duffy with Dumb Statue. It really looks like are cuddling :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter