The Super Exersice Thread.

Yes it has cheese, I think the reduced calories are a result from the thinner crust.

That would of been my next question. Still at 180 Calories I can have ten slices all day. Doesn't sound too bad if I skip one meal.

That would of been my next question. Still at 180 Calories I can have ten slices all day. Doesn't sound too bad if I skip one meal.

If you prefer crunchy crust, remove the baking "plate" it comes with and put the pie on a cookie sheet. The calories are based on a medium pizza.

I went to the gym yesturday and tried something new. Before I say what it was, let me start by saying that I don't normally target this particular body part, they normaly get a good exersice when I do my Zumba class. This particlar body part is already fairly large due to years of dance training. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm talking about my calves. I did something the trainers at my gym call the 10 step challenge. Going up to the 2nd level there are a flight of 10 steps. The challenge is to do 10 calf raise on each step. I was feeling it about a quarter of the way up, grunting by the time I got to the 10th step, but I finished the challenge. Even fit people have issues with this challenge, so I was feeling good about myself that I did it on my own (no trainer spoting me). After this, I did an hour and 10 minutes of Zumba (the clock was not on the wall and the class went over, I don't wear any jewelry at the gym, that includes a watch). The rest of the day I'm fine, but really hungry.

Today I'm walking like Quasimoto. But my calves look fantastic. I can't remember the last time they looked so tight.

Great job Goofymom! :thumbsup2

I had done that for skiing about 20 years ago. It was a common excersise for dryland ski training. Dryland was the term used before enough snow fell to practice actual skiing.

Plus working large muscles burns a lot of calories. :thumbsup2

I also want to ask about Zumba. They don't offer that near me, but if they did would it be hard for me. I can only salsa dance a little, could I go in not having the dance skills but make it work?

I also want to ask about Zumba. They don't offer that near me, but if they did would it be hard for me. I can only salsa dance a little, could I go in not having the dance skills but make it work?

As with most cardio, as long as you keep moving you'll be fine. It's usually more "hippy" than salsa. The class I go to kinda meshes the Zumba with salsa. I don't speeck a lick of spanish but I love the classes. I don't get to go dancing much anymore, so this is the closest I get.

i think the last time i did a dance class i kicked to high and kicked someon in the head...

:lmao:
i think the last time i did a dance class i kicked to high and kicked someon in the head...

I just got this image of you in a french dress doing the can-can:rotfl:

I love dancing. One of these days when my kids get a little older (and I'm a couple sizes smaller) I'm going to go out again. I don't want to go now, I'm too afraid the "skinny" people will point and laugh.

Goofy-Mom. I tried doing the Step Challenge. It worried me a little because if my calfs get worn out it makes skiing real hard. Anyway I stopped on 8. I went skiing today where I hike up and then ski down. I went up about 700 feet in about 20 minutes. I really hope I don't feel it when I go ski tomorrrow. I took a few break on the way up.

Goofy-Mom. I tried doing the Step Challenge. It worried me a little because if my calfs get worn out it makes skiing real hard. Anyway I stopped on 8. I went skiing today where I hike up and then ski down. I went up about 700 feet in about 20 minutes. I really hope I don't feel it when I go ski tomorrrow. I took a few break on the way up.

Okay, how'd ya do?

With New Years fast approching, I thought I should give this thread a little revival. Statistics say that a resolotion to lose wieght only lasts on avaerage of 2 months. Maybe with a little incuragement those of us trying to drop the lbs will have a bit more luck and percevierance.

Good Luck to those in their endevours.:thumbsup2

I am joining in as i am starting my weight loss plan on Tuesday of next week. I wanted to wait until Christmas and New Year were over as I love sweets and that is what is on offer at this time of year! Any way, I really want to lose some weight before our trip in July so I will check in from time-to-time to let you know how I am going. Have fun with it everyone! :goodvibes

I am joining in as i am starting my weight loss plan on Tuesday of next week. I wanted to wait until Christmas and New Year were over as I love sweets and that is what is on offer at this time of year! Any way, I really want to lose some weight before our trip in July so I will check in from time-to-time to let you know how I am going. Have fun with it everyone! :goodvibes

Good Luck:thumbsup2

I'm joining in!

I have the Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Challenge for Wii that I am following. I've been doing both for one week (I think 4 days so far). Unfortunately in that week I have gained a pound instead of losing according the Biggest Loser and according to Wii Fit I am up 3 pounds since starting!

I have a feeling part of that is because I am weighing myself after I get off work instead of first thing in the morning. My next weigh-in for TBL is next Sunday and I am off of work that day so I will do it when I first wake up so I hope that weigh in is better!

My problem is the food. My hubby usually does the cooking and if he doesn't then I usually grab frozen food that is not healthy. The other problem is if neither one of us wants to prepare anything than we end up going out. Which is not budget happy or waist happy!

I also want a dance game for the Wii. I'm not sure if I should go for Zumba or Just Dance 2. The Zumba ads for the DVD's all look great but I've heard the game isn't that great.

My first goal when I have a day off is to get my booty to the store and buy some fresh foods. Everything I have in the house if no longer fresh. I plan on getting a bunch of baby carrots. I love them and they are a great snack in-between meals! Also I think some celery to go with peanut butter.

I'm joining in!

I have the Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Challenge for Wii that I am following. I've been doing both for one week (I think 4 days so far). Unfortunately in that week I have gained a pound instead of losing according the Biggest Loser and according to Wii Fit I am up 3 pounds since starting!

I have a feeling part of that is because I am weighing myself after I get off work instead of first thing in the morning. My next weigh-in for TBL is next Sunday and I am off of work that day so I will do it when I first wake up so I hope that weigh in is better!

My problem is the food. My hubby usually does the cooking and if he doesn't then I usually grab frozen food that is not healthy. The other problem is if neither one of us wants to prepare anything than we end up going out. Which is not budget happy or waist happy!

I also want a dance game for the Wii. I'm not sure if I should go for Zumba or Just Dance 2. The Zumba ads for the DVD's all look great but I've heard the game isn't that great.

My first goal when I have a day off is to get my booty to the store and buy some fresh foods. Everything I have in the house if no longer fresh. I plan on getting a bunch of baby carrots. I love them and they are a great snack in-between meals! Also I think some celery to go with peanut butter.

Keep it up, your doing fabulous. I wouldn't worry too much about the scale, when I first started working out, I only dropped 3lbs in a month and a half but went down 10 inches. I understand that the weigh in is part of the game/plan but I'ld let your pants be a better judge of your most awesome success:thumbsup2

They make jiffy to go cup packs, so far I've found them at Savemart and Target (though I wouldn't suggest Target for fresh fruit/veggie, it's not that good there). They are quite handy for taking to school/work. I like them with gala apples (mmmmm).

Today is my first day (again) of getting serious. The holidays kill me. I, too, have a food problem but I refuse to buy bigger pants. I WILL BE SKINNY AGAIN!!!!

That's a great idea.

I always try to have salad with dinner. I let myself eat salad until it's gone, but let anything else become a left over.

Okay... So I had a peanut butter sandwich for Breakfast cause the house was too cold to be in the kitchen to cook anything... A few hours later I took a nap and slept til about 4:30pm... Cleaned the kitchen and was going to just eat here but hubby and his mom were going to a Mexican restaurant and my hubby insisted I go. I have a feeling what I ate was not the healthiest. This is it "Shrimp served on molcajete topped our special green sauce ad mexican green nopales" I had about 2 spoonfuls of rice and one of beans. I also had a few corn tortillas. The Nopales and Shrimp aren't too bad (high cholesterol in the shrimp) but no idea what the "special green sauce" is.

I then came home and then despite the fact that I can barely sit without my thighs crying out in agony proceeded to do about 35 minutes of exercise with the Wii.

Hubby will be gone for a week starting Wednesday so I can eat all the veggies I want without needing to worry about him being satisfied... Now I just need to get to the store to buy some!

Okay, how'd ya do?

Sorry, I din't answer. So after hiking and then skiing on the weekend. When skiing I faded a little quick. Skiing is an odd sport in how your muslces work and it's hard to build stanima. So on long runs or runs with lots of hard turns you can feel the burn, and I did every now and then.

Okay... So I had a peanut butter sandwich for Breakfast cause the house was too cold to be in the kitchen to cook anything... A few hours later I took a nap and slept til about 4:30pm... Cleaned the kitchen and was going to just eat here but hubby and his mom were going to a Mexican restaurant and my hubby insisted I go. I have a feeling what I ate was not the healthiest. This is it "Shrimp served on molcajete topped our special green sauce ad mexican green nopales" I had about 2 spoonfuls of rice and one of beans. I also had a few corn tortillas. The Nopales and Shrimp aren't too bad (high cholesterol in the shrimp) but no idea what the "special green sauce" is.

EAting out is really tough because it's hard to trust what you don't cook. Honestly you are better off at McDonalds because you can check the nutrinal information before hand.

Though I hear that now everywhere has to publish this in California starting this year. Is that true? I saw a twitpic of a new burgerking overhead menu with calories on it.

EAting out is really tough because it's hard to trust what you don't cook. Honestly you are better off at McDonalds because you can check the nutrinal information before hand.

Though I hear that now everywhere has to publish this in California starting this year. Is that true? I saw a twitpic of a new burgerking overhead menu with calories on it.

Yeah, unfortunately we eat out too much. I've been trying to stop this but I fall back on it whenever I can't think of what to cook.

For today I think calorie wise I should be okay since all I had was the peanut butter sandwich and 2 cuties (oranges) before going out to dinner.

I've seen the nutrition info on the menu at the McD's at Wal-Mart but haven't seen it anywhere else. Not sure what the rules actually are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter