"The shops are only shut for one day ..."

I will be closing 1pm Xmas eve, re-opening 4th Jan. There are very few fresh flowers imported between these dates. All the best stuff has been cut for Xmas to get a premium price so anything just after Xmas is poor quality. Customers moan but if I opened they would moan even more.

The last two years we have closed from Christmas Eve through to Jan as we have been in WDW but this year we are open for New Year and people are still complaining, I am shocked at the amount of miserable people that there are around this year - I think everyone has forgotton that it's actually Christmas! :confused3

I feel especially sorry for shop assistants (like Next ) who are in early on Boxing Day.

Don't feel too sorry!

I worked in Bluewater when I was in 6th form and loved working holidays! I got double time and loads of staff discounts and even some free stuff left over!!

I worked every day going!!!

Don't feel too sorry!

I worked in Bluewater when I was in 6th form and loved working holidays! I got double time and loads of staff discounts and even some free stuff left over!!

I worked every day going!!!

Unfortunately not every retailer is that generous! some only pay time & half, not even that sometimes.

I'm glad that after working in retail for 9 years I no longer. I do feel for the shop assistants as the grief they get off shoppers is unbelievable. I worked in a supermarket & on Xmas eve we would still have people trying to shop at 7pm when we closed, thats not on & a bit selfish.

Having said that I now work for the emergency services so its even more stressful especially the last couple of days with the snow, thankfully I have Christmas day off but back in Boxing day at 6.30am for my lovely 12 hour shift (providing I finish on time:rolleyes:)

Having said that I went & did our shop today, got there at 9am & it was very pleasent, lots of stock & a few customers. It is not doubt going to get busier

I went shopping last week and I reckon we can live off a few local shop visits til after Christmas, can't be doing with the supermarkets :eek:
My workplace is open til 1pm on Christmas Eve but we're all on 3 hour shifts so i'll be done by 11:30, better than last year when I worked 9-6 (different place) :headache: We re-open on the 5th but have a training day on the 4th... I think most nurseries close for the Christmas period, the attendance is usually really low on the few working days there are.

I think most nurseries close for the Christmas period, the attendance is usually really low on the few working days there are.
DW is a Nursery Officer for Leeds Social services(or whatever they call themselves now) they only get Xmas day, boxing day & NY Day but as she only works part time she is having to work one and half days. We would have been in Florida if she could have had it off. Probably end up going in and only having 2 children.

Unfortunately not every retailer is that generous! some only pay time & half, not even that sometimes.

I'm glad that after working in retail for 9 years I no longer. I do feel for the shop assistants as the grief they get off shoppers is unbelievable. I worked in a supermarket & on Xmas eve we would still have people trying to shop at 7pm when we closed, thats not on & a bit selfish.

I can't wait for the day I get out of retail! Fell into it while at uni and graduated a year ago to no jobs. I'm one of those lucky people who gets the grief, especially while you're closing! It's got to the point I don't give any compassion anymore and am just firm, look we're closing, not my fault you didn't get here earlier as we've been open all day!

I get triple time and stuff on Boxing Day but to me it's not worth it! Would rather be off!

I haven't done my christmas shop yet, need to do it tomorrow, not doing a big shop though.
I went shopping last week and I reckon we can live off a few local shop visits til after Christmas, can't be doing with the supermarkets :eek:
My workplace is open til 1pm on Christmas Eve but we're all on 3 hour shifts so i'll be done by 11:30, better than last year when I worked 9-6 (different place) :headache: We re-open on the 5th but have a training day on the 4th... I think most nurseries close for the Christmas period, the attendance is usually really low on the few working days there are.

The one I have been working at is closed christmas day till tuesday as monday is a bank holiday.

Been getting goodies in for weeks now and kept the freezer stocked up, bought all the fresh stuff yesterday. I've only got Christmas day off (hospital staff) and only found out about that last Friday as the boss doesn't like us to know too early who's going to be in and who's got it off.:confused3I've got to be organised I'm the only one who does anything, DH being a postman is busy enough and as the kids have finished school as far as they are concerned they are on holiday - just want to know when mine starts:rotfl:Merry Christmas everyone.

ps I was very patient in town this morning, there are enough grumpy people around without me adding to it. Where's their Christmas spirit to their fellow man. Maybe a few more people could do with remember what Christmas is all about.

yeah i agree about the serious lack of christmas spirit, i've been working the past few days, tomorrow is my last working day before xmas, and i still cant get over how grumpy and stressed out people have been.
a) its the disney store, cheer up!
b) its not my personal decision to charge you 5p for carrier bags, please do not take it out on me
c) its also not my fault that you've left everything to the last minute, that we've sold out of stuff you should have bought 2 months ago, that your kids are being little s**ts, etc......
CHEER UP, ITS CHRISTMAS!!! if you dont like it, just give up and don't celebrate it!!

rant over :rotfl:

yeah i agree about the serious lack of christmas spirit, i've been working the past few days, tomorrow is my last working day before xmas, and i still cant get over how grumpy and stressed out people have been.
a) its the disney store, cheer up!
b) its not my personal decision to charge you 5p for carrier bags, please do not take it out on me
c) its also not my fault that you've left everything to the last minute, that we've sold out of stuff you should have bought 2 months ago, that your kids are being little s**ts, etc......
CHEER UP, ITS CHRISTMAS!!! if you dont like it, just give up and don't celebrate it!!

rant over :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 very well said - it's a shame more people aren't thankful for what they have rather than being stressed and grumpy :mad: The community spirit seems to have escaped many people, it's very self centred and the opposite meaning of Christmas :sad2:

At least you can escape the madness on Christmas eve ;)

:thumbsup2 it's a shame more people aren't thankful for what they have rather than being stressed and grumpy :mad: The community spirit seems to have escaped many people, it's very self centred and the opposite meaning of Christmas :sad2:

Sadly thats very true :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter