The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

So packing trailer today, clothes, food, adult beverages. In between working on a small project for MNSSHP. Here are some sneak peek, in process photos. You will have to wait to see the end result.....
20170909_131642[6439].jpeg
So here is the raw foam....

20170909_132345[6440].jpeg
Then some paint.....

20170909_132354[6443].jpeg
Hey wait a minute, there are four ?????

Well, in between packing, projects, DW baking, and watching some football, we took a trip to Tractor Supply. We are now long range capable....with a total on hand with both tanks full of 136 gallons.

20170910_193008[6487].jpeg

20170910_193017[6499].jpeg
Of course we will wait until we get south some to fill it and save ourselves some money also.

OUTSTANDING PaHunter. Is that a 100 gallon aux tank and is it gasoline ? Did you do the install ? What transfer pump did you get ? And, the most important question ... How much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck would chuck wood ?

Well, in between packing, projects, DW baking, and watching some football, we took a trip to Tractor Supply. We are now long range capable....with a total on hand with both tanks full of 136 gallons.

Of course we will wait until we get south some to fill it and save ourselves some money also.

Chris,

I read somewhere that Pennsylvania has the highest gas taxes of the 50 states so I understand you want to come south before you fill up.

But that also means that PA has the best roads in the US since they can afford to pay for them, right? :drive:

Of course it does, I'm sure. :car:

Thanks for the updates on your trip prep.

Bama Ed

OUTSTANDING PaHunter. Is that a 100 gallon aux tank and is it gasoline ? Did you do the install ? What transfer pump did you get ? And, the most important question ... How much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck would chuck wood ?

It is a 100 gallon transfer tank, and it is for diesel only. We put it in, and for now we will have to siphon to our primary tank. Not ideal, but for this trip, we can do it. 12volt pump is just not in the budget at this time, maybe in the spring we will add one.

Chris,

I read somewhere that Pennsylvania has the highest gas taxes of the 50 states so I understand you want to come south before you fill up.

But that also means that PA has the best roads in the US since they can afford to pay for them, right? :drive:

Of course it does, I'm sure. :car:

Thanks for the updates on your trip prep.

Bama Ed

Well according to the professional drivers that cross the state, we have some of the worst roads. Growing up in Indiana, we had dirt roads that were in better shape than some of the highways here.

Bama Ed, stay safe down there with the storm, as well as all the others.

It is a 100 gallon transfer tank, and it is for diesel only. We put it in, and for now we will have to siphon to our primary tank. Not ideal, but for this trip, we can do it. 12volt pump is just not in the budget at this time, maybe in the spring we will add one.
Would you mind sharing the approximate cost? This is exactly what we are talking about doing!

Would you mind sharing the approximate cost? This is exactly what we are talking about doing!
The tank itself was 449. A siphon pump is anywhere from 10 to 40 dollars. 12V pumps are between 200 to 500 dollars they mount on the tank and let you pump it into your tank just like a diesel pump.

The tank itself was 449. A siphon pump is anywhere from 10 to 40 dollars. 12V pumps are between 200 to 500 dollars they mount on the tank and let you pump it into your tank just like a diesel pump.
Thanks!

So today the final package arrived for our trip. We splurged and purchased Frogg Togg suits to carry in our park bags. So mother nature, bring it on......no really, Sunshine.. all we want is sunshine.

Work is insane, with these hurricanes. Today they have mandated we work 10 hour days, ugh. Good thing I got most of the trailer and truck ready over the weekend. 4 work days left and we roll.....

So today the final package arrived for our trip. We splurged and purchased Frogg Togg suits to carry in our park bags. So mother nature, bring it on......no really, Sunshine.. all we want is sunshine.

Work is insane, with these hurricanes. Today they have mandated we work 10 hour days, ugh. Good thing I got most of the trailer and truck ready over the weekend. 4 work days left and we roll.....

Hang in there man! Like you said, it's a good thing you did so much in advance. Bama Ed

PS - I hope Lake Louisa SP came through the hurricanes okay so Teamubr can use it per his original plan

Chris,

Your auxiliary tank cost about as much as my front end alignment. :D

I managed to get everything done this weekend, including my dad getting married. Saturday I decided to drop my truck off to get the front end aligned. I replaced an upper tie rod end before we went to GSP in May, but the steering wheel has been off and there was a little too much play in the steering. I figured I had the toe off a little. No big deal. $89 seemed reasonable to line it all up. I get a call this morning that the drag link end was bad (It wasn't in May) and they can fix everything for the low, low price of $492. I have to have the truck tonight to move my brother to a group home tomorrow. No time to order a part and put it on myself.
Oh well. I'm tired. Long day at work and I stayed up way late watching hurricane coverage and checking DIS boards for damage reports.

One more day of work (Wednesday) then I'm on vacation. I should check to see if Lake Louisa will be open on Friday, otherwise I may be adding another day to the Fort stay.

j

@PaHunter Its not just the pro drivers it's everyone. 80 is pretty annoying some times with the patch work they do. I've read and know people who said that years ago they (elected officials) wanted to have tolls installed on 80 to help pay for the roads better. To me and from my understanding of the PA turnpike system, sounds like they wanted to have a cash grab off of 80. There was an article in the Philly papers a while ago about how the turnpike was crying foul about the large warehousing going in along 78 and other free roads like 80. They said no one was driving the turnpike and the rates would have to go up again. Please...

Transfer tank. I wish I was able to do that with Gasoline but we are not allowed transfer tanks to extend our range like that. It would be nice to be able to stop at a rest area for a bathroom and leg stretch. While they are doing that I can fill or top off the truck. However I cannot see spending the extra 8-10 ground for a diesel so I can use a transfer tank once a year. I know it might be a way to get one of the new Ford pick up. Gas long beds in the super duties are 48 galllons! That's practically a transfer tank right there. LOL

Just thought I'd share what I did...I bought a 51 gallon auxiliary tank for my '13 F250, installed it with a diesel gravity kit and then added a $30 solenoid valve that I can switch on from inside the truck so I don't have to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter