• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"The Scent of Orange Blossoms"..what is your all time favorite "scent" in nature

SideshowBob

<font color=green>Oil Can aficionado<br><font colo
SSB once had a lengthy debate with Queen Bee Betz about just WHAT was the most wondrous scent on Earth...

SSB would have to vote for the WONDERFUL scent of Orange Blossoms in the breeze.... a fantastic aroma that I so look forward to each year here in Orlando.

What is YOUR favorite scent????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Great question, tough decision! :D I've never smelt Orange Blossoms, maybe someday I will!

I love the smell of Lilacs, Moonflowers, and fresh ripe Watermelon! I know, I picked three scents, I couldn't help it!! :)

I've posted this before, but here's a pic of my lilacs when they were in bloom. I kept several vases of them in the house so their fragrance would waft from room to room.

lilac_bush.jpg
:D

My first thought was fresh cut grass but lilacs are a good second. Susan:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Ah..... the smell of cut grass.... had no idea that it would be a popular answer. SSB always has enjoyed that!

BEAUTIFUL Lilacs, Ms. Kimberly ! Had to save as my "wallpaper"!

Er, um.... Ms. Gina, methinks that you need a link to my home planet..... and that is NOT SSB in the bottom right hand corner, in case you were wonderin'...! :)

http://web.qx.net/red6/Ultarama/Hoth.html

Been there.....after all.....I'm Princess Leia! LOL

I suspect the only thing you can smell on Hoth is a Wampa!

SSB welcome to the garden fourm, it nice it have you join us.

Being a lover of all flowers, the best smell I have to say is the flower thats blooming at the time I'm smelling.

Although one of my favorites, not a flower, is the clean smell after a summer shower.

As far as the orange blossoms go they are very sweet but a little over powering especially when you drive for 2 1/2 hours and all you smell is orange blossoms. Major headache smell on the way.

That's a hard one - I also love the smell of lilacs, and hyacinths, and the smell of the earth after it rains.

SSB - I have fond memories of driving to FL during Easter week as a kid. Stopping at the Florida Welcome Station for a glass of FL orange juice was a treat. And back then (in the 60's) - the orange groves were pretty close to the highway - and I LOVED the smell of orange blossoms...even bought some orange blossom perfume! :)

Gardenias.....:D I always plant Gardenias wherever we live. My Mom passed on her love for these to me.

Okay, okay, now I have to add fresh cut grass, freesia, lily of the valley and gardenias to my list! What am I up to now......7 favourite scents? LOL! I can't pick just one, or two..........there are so many wonderful fragrances!! :D :)

You saved it as wallpaper SSB? How very cool!! :D :cool: :D

SSB is thinking that he has missed a lot in life.... many of the flowers listed above, I have NEVER had the pleasure of experiencing.... :eek:

Perhaps that should be my next road trip! Forget sports, go for the "flower smelling" tour!

:D ;) :D

Yes, Ms. Kimberly, it is quite lovely!

:)

SSB how about a few flowers growing out of your rocket.

It's great to have you here on the garden forum, I can smell orange blossoms every time I read one of you post. :)

The Flower Smelling Tour.....hmmm..sounds interesting SSB! :) Perhaps you can join us on the Magic Bud Bus as we embark on our continent wide garden tour, oohing and ahhing at all the Bud's gardens and enjoying Gina's secret recipe, Watermelon martinis. :cool: ;) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter