The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: One of my five year olds decided to puke right beside my bed at 2:30 this morning so for sure no celebrating for us.

Question for any of you that have had Plantar fasciitis. I got new inserts for my shoes and even bought KT tape. I’m doing all the stretches they recommend to do online. The pain isn’t bad at all just a little nagging and annoying at times. I don’t feel comfortable shutting running down right now becasue I have a 5k and half this weekend then Star Wars Challenge next month. Is there anything I am missing to help with it? If you’ve have had it, how long did it last? Thanks for any responses!

I ran yesterday! Well... I did some running and some walking. Running is stupid... I'm so sore. :upsidedow

I signed up for a 10K in April, I think I might have forgotten to have it added to the calendar (edit: no I guess I did remember), so I kinda need to start doing that running thing again. My hips and legs are definitely reminding me that 6 months of the soft OTF treadmills are no substitute for the pavement and gravity.

ATTQOTD: No, never been a fan of Mardi Gras. That being said, we are hitting up Universal at the end of the month, and will be taking in the Mardi Gras festivities.

Good morning folks! Hope everyone had a great weekend and I apologize for my absence. QOTD: Anyone doing anything for Lundi or Mardi gras today or tomorrow? How about this past weekend?
ATTQOTD: Nope - it's not a thing here in FL, outside of Universal Studios, lol! The "thing" here in west-central, coastal FL is SPRING BREAK SEASON - I've counted license plates from nearly every state outside of FL, as well as most of Ontario, Canada, over just the past weekend. :crowded:

ATTQQOTD:
Paczki season is upon us here, and it is too cold for me to run outside so I will just celebrate the Fatness of it.

As for the balaclava talk, I am interested. I have a wool buff but am a mouth breather and it still freezes and fogs up my glasses (which are worn for wind, not sun protection) but I have no comfortable way to run out doors when the temps sink into single digits.

ATTQOTD: One of my five year olds decided to puke right beside my bed at 2:30 this morning so for sure no celebrating for us.

Question for any of you that have had Plantar fasciitis. I got new inserts for my shoes and even bought KT tape. I’m doing all the stretches they recommend to do online. The pain isn’t bad at all just a little nagging and annoying at times. I don’t feel comfortable shutting running down right now becasue I have a 5k and half this weekend then Star Wars Challenge next month. Is there anything I am missing to help with it? If you’ve have had it, how long did it last? Thanks for any responses!

Sounds like a little too much partying. I've found rolling my foot on a spikey ball and also rolling my foot on a frozen water bottle helps.

QOTD: Anyone doing anything for Lundi or Mardi gras today or tomorrow? How about this past weekend?

Despite this being a very catholic area Mardi Gras isn't a big deal. Some bars have parties because they will use any excuse for a party but until you mentioned it I forgot when it really was.

The random Catholic holiday that has really gotten big around here is Dyngus Day. We do have a big Polish population but even with that it has only been the past decade that has turned this into a city-wide holiday.

ATTQOTD: Don't really live in a big Mardi Gras area so no official celebrations or parades. However we did do an annual wine tasting/food pairing event yesterday (Behind the Cellar Door) in Amador County. Managed to stop at 8 wineries and ate everything from venison sausage to the most amazing fudge with chunks of pretzels in it. I am Catholic and am giving up chocolate for Lent so I definitely indulged yesterday and considered it my own personal Mardi Gras.

Someone said Publix had some so I'm going to go get some. They probably aren't nearly as good as the ones I used to get in Massachusetts, but I really want one.
My mom makes them homemade from a family recipe. I have never had a store/bakery bought one.

Attqotd:no, but I am dying to attend a rural Louisiana party. Not that I am that social but I love to eat and drink. I’ll even bring my homemade Tasso with me.

That’s my issue. It’s too freakin cold and snowy (and it’s March for crying out loud!). So now I just eat with limited exercise. I plan on changing my habits for lent.
It is still supposed to be single digits here on Wednesday, so no lent change for me!
My mom makes them homemade from a family recipe. I have never had a store/bakery bought one.
Hug your mom for her amazingness. I made them once and after a small fire will gladly stand in line at a Polish Bakery for my prune filled fried items. I suppose it is probably better for my health that I can't fry anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter