The Professional Internship Questions Thread

I have my interview on Saturday and i was just wondering what kind of questions do they ask. Thank you for your time. :cool1:

This was posted earlier in the thread, but hopefully it helps!

Concerning the Interview Process

It depends on what role you are applying for, but it might consist of a series of interviews, one interview, a group interview, etc. The first interview tends to be, for most people, a screening interview. Most interviews are over the phone, although some do take place in person.

As for what sorts of questions they ask, according to rustyflwr3 on this thread: “Its hard to say what types of specific questions they ask, as it is completely different per interview and position. Mine had to do with skills, classes, and experiences that related to the position.” Woody’s Girl elaborates on this point in the same thread, saying: “Interview Specifics -- Like Rusty said, it's hard to give you advice as all of the internships have different areas of speciality. However, I can tell you that I had some questions that weren't job specific. They asked me why I want to work at Disney, give an example of a time when I had to handle multiple tasks, my most memorable or most proud moment...that kind of stuff.” More information about the interview process can be found on the aforementioned thread and the ones below:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1368306
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18072018
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...85&postcount=6
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=17350207

--i just asked this question in another thread, but i think it might be better to post this here, having just seen this thread--

Hi! I'm new to all this & to this site , & i have some questions
1. How do you find out the deadline to apply for an internship?
2. If it doesn't say in the description, how can I tell if the internship will be during the school year or during the summer?
3. From what you gather, what are the looking for in an applicant? Lots of experience in a particular field? What kind of experience did you have?

gracias, you can either reply or if it's ok i could pm you with specific questions, just let me know

oh and it seems most of you are talking about internships in the florida area? is that so?

--i just asked this question in another thread, but i think it might be better to post this here, having just seen this thread--

Hi! I'm new to all this & to this site , & i have some questions
2. If it doesn't say in the description, how can I tell if the internship will be during the school year or during the summer?
3. From what you gather, what are the looking for in an applicant? Lots of experience in a particular field? What kind of experience did you have?

oh and it seems most of you are talking about internships in the florida area? is that so?

Good evening,

Go to www.disneycareers.com and search for the internship that you want. Once you open the description it will tell you the deadline in there.

It should give the start and stop month in the decription. If it doesn't, assume it is a Fall 2008 internship so it'll go June through January.

Again, the description tells what they want. Prior experience is really good if you have it and it'll help you out. Relevant (relevent?) educational background is good too; but again, this is more important for some positions than others. It's only suggested that you apply for three, so find what you're most qualified for on terms of experience and education. Club leadership, extra-curricular involvement, good grades...all that plays in too. It's a whole package deal. Back in the day the intern people did hiring. Now each department does their own, so what they're looking for varies. Good luck,
nm

Question for non-science PIs: did you have to submit any letters of recommendation?

I have not sent in any letters of recommendations and I applied for Management Internship and have received 3 second interviews for them!! While setting up the interview they never asked for them either.

Hey there, *waves* new here! I've been lurking around for a few days, but there's a question I can't seem to find an answer for, so here goes:

Okay, so...Disney Design Group recruiters were at our school just before the PI deadline, and I got an interview (yay!). It was different, more like a portfolio review with a little advice on what to leave in/take out/etc. rather than them asking me questions. Also, they said that just getting that interview didn't automatically put me in the running, and I needed to mail a portfolio and apply through the site, which I did. Here's where I get confused: Now that I've applied, does that initial interview/portfolio discussion with the recruiter count at all towards my application process, or would they have called me again after applying to schedule another? I haven't gotten a call since applying, and I'm wondering if that's because I've technically already done a first interview, or if first callbacks are still being made, or if it's just a bad sign. That leads me to...

More confusion!: My friend, who also applied, said that the interviews were over by now, and that they'll announce interns by May. Whaa? Really? I know the end of the application process is in May, but would the interviews really be done by now? That really worries me, because, like I said, I haven't gotten a call back or anything, so that would mean I'm just out of luck this time. :( *is anxious*

Thanks for your help!

Hey Loldemort: I can't answer your first question, because I'm not sure--but as for your second one: they are not done with interviews yet. Maybe some departments are, but as a whole, they still have more to go. :)

loldemort - welcome to the dis. I think that some of the departments are behind with contacting people for their second interview. I don't have my interviews till April 7 and 8th so I do know that they still going with some dept. into april. what internships did you apply for?

I applied for one of the internships and have not heard back yet for an interview. I was wondering if anyone knows if they are done contacting people? The deadline for announcements was listed as April 4. :confused3

I applied for one of the internships and have not heard back yet for an interview. I was wondering if anyone knows if they are done contacting people? The deadline for announcements was listed as April 4. :confused3

Which PIs did you apply for? Also when did you apply and have you already had your first interview?

I applied for the entertainment production assistant and for the stage technition postions. The deadline to apply was March 7. I have not had any contact (first interview or otherwise) from Disney. I'm assuming that I did not recieve an internship, but it would still be nice to have some confirmation either way.

I applied for the entertainment production assistant and for the stage technition postions. The deadline to apply was March 7. I have not had any contact (first interview or otherwise) from Disney. I'm assuming that I did not recieve an internship, but it would still be nice to have some confirmation either way.

When you applied did you receive an email confirming that you applied? If not it's possible your applications never completely went through and I would call them to see. I'm pretty sure everyone gets a first interview but I would double check to make sure. You can email questions@disneyinterns.com or call casting.
They said everyone would know one way or another by May 16th or March 24th for summer only positions.
Hopefully that helps! Good luck!! :goodvibes

I did recieve an email thanking me for applying for the internship positions. I just sent off an email to Disney to check with them and make sure that they got all of my information. Thanks for the help!!!

I had my pre-screening interview last friday. I have my management operations interview next month and i was just wondering what to expect. Thank you.

I had my pre-screening interview last friday. I have my management operations interview next month and i was just wondering what to expect. Thank you.

I am so glad to hear Ops Management is finally scheduling 2nd interviews!! No idea what you should expect, I just wanted to wish you luck!! What day is your interview?

DisneyScrappingMom said:
I have a quick question, when did you find out that you got a second interview for the Operations Management internship? and was it by phone or e-mail?

Thank You,

Jenna Hollon

I received an email from a disney recruiter who was scheduling appointments for the Management Operations interview on either April 8th or 9th.
~Terry

I received an email from a disney recruiter who was scheduling appointments for the Management Operations interview on either April 8th or 9th.
~Terry

You got my curious... what kind of experience to do you have on your resume that makes them call you? I'm just trying to guage how much more I need to have in order to even be considered... do they only look at people that have management experience before or can it be as simple as just doing the CP before?

AM i the only one that applied for ops and f and b mgmt that hasn't heard back about a second interview...just curious...i keep checking my email, and nothing. Haha i feel like a kid anticipating a disney vacation, not a job offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter