The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

My daughter and I were at the MNSSHP party in 2018. On the Rivers of America they had all this fog and a raft with 4 ghosts from the HM singing. It went down and back up once. My daughter and I discovered it as they were going back and had to run after it to see even a little of it. But is was SO AWESOME!
Does anyone else remember them? What were they called? Have they ever shown up again?

Not sure about MNNSHP but when the DLR Halloween Party used to be at DL I do remember they would have a raft going back and forth on the RoA with the Dapper Dans singing various Halloween songs but for the party they are dressed up ghoulish and were called the Cadaver Dans.

Last edited:
I'm going back to my original guess that Disney will announce OBB dates in early/mid June. I think they will get Fantasmic up and running, WDW's boo bash tickets sales going, and summer humming along and then they will make the announcement.

I agree.....since the availability calendar only goes through mid-September currently, I assume it will be possible when the calendar starts to show October availability. Otherwise people will complain that they released the dates for the tix before park availability. :rotfl: Sometimes you can't win for losing.

I agree.....since the availability calendar only goes through mid-September currently, I assume it will be possible when the calendar starts to show October availability. Otherwise people will complain that they released the dates for the tix before park availability. :rotfl: Sometimes you can't win for losing.
Didn't they start OBB last year the second week of September?

We’re arriving Thursday the 27th and leaving on the 2nd, staying at Paradise Pier. So that likely gives us the 27th and 31st as days we could try to get tickets for. We’re hoping to get tickets for the 31st since that’s our wedding anniversary. Should I be nervous about being able to get tickets? Is Halloween one of the days that’s quick to sell out?

We’re arriving Thursday the 27th and leaving on the 2nd, staying at Paradise Pier. So that likely gives us the 27th and 31st as days we could try to get tickets for. We’re hoping to get tickets for the 31st since that’s our wedding anniversary. Should I be nervous about being able to get tickets? Is Halloween one of the days that’s quick to sell out?
I think historically Halloween night is the first to sell out, but not usually within seconds. I would just plan to be ready to buy tickets the day they go on sale and be okay with the 27th as a back up!

Thanks for the reply Pharmama!
Yes!! Cadaver Dans! They were amazing!
I can't remember the name of that particular Halloween party....it was at DL in 2018. Was it different than MNSSHP?

Tomorrow is June first! I know our reservation window opens next week for our mid October trip so I'd really like to know the details Disney!

Now taking bets.. do we get an announcement in June?

Tomorrow is June first! I know our reservation window opens next week for our mid October trip so I'd really like to know the details Disney!

Now taking bets.. do we get an announcement in June?
I'm beyond stressed about this. I have 28 days until I need to buy tickets if they don't have MKs available again. But if we don't get OBB tickets we are probably not doing a trip in October. Like I just need to know dates and options soon. 🤣

So anyone think the fact that the new California Resident summer ticket offer ends Thurs 9/15 might be a hint that Halloweentime will officially start on 9/16? I was thinking they might start it earlier like last year and have things going already by D23 but now I'm wondering....

So anyone think the fact that the new California Resident summer ticket offer ends Thurs 9/15 might be a hint that Halloweentime will officially start on 9/16? I was thinking they might start it earlier like last year and have things going already by D23 but now I'm wondering....
That made me raise an eyebrow as well. Sadly, I don't think OBB bash announcements will come until about the 4th of July.

Typically, what nights do they schedule OBB? Has it been Friday's, Saturdays or Sunday's or do they usually have a couple weeknights and one weekend night each week?

I was just thinking about this today. I remember in 2019 they must have made the announcement in late April because I was sitting in my car in my university's parking lot taking a break between classes when I saw that they had announced the dates via Facebook and freaked out. Such weird things I remember lol

I'm guessing they'll make the announcement soon in the next few weeks and then have them go on sale the second week of July.

I was just thinking about this today. I remember in 2019 they must have made the announcement in late April because I was sitting in my car in my university's parking lot taking a break between classes when I saw that they had announced the dates via Facebook and freaked out. Such weird things I remember lol

I'm guessing they'll make the announcement soon in the next few weeks and then have them go on sale the second week of July.
They went on Sale July 13th last year and April the year before. Most of thought July last year was a delay due to Covid, but as we hit June... no one knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter