*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We just got back from a 1br.

- Main building is at most a 5 min walk, although park buses and gasparilla are on the far end of the building, so maybe add on 2-3 minutes of time going there

- citricos was very good for us, had a great meal although it may have just been that we had grandma watching the little that night lol. Service was very good and food was as well. No complaints although we aren't super picky (but we will acknowledge when Disney overprices a table or signature dining).

- our groceries did go to the main building, they did deliver although I think there was a small fee for them accepting cold/grocery products. No other fee beyond tipping. Very easy and never took more than 15-20 mins.

- we had a monorail only view (on the side looking away from the resort). Fine by us, but we made no specific room request because we split stay with a PVB lake view and got our fill of fireworks from across the lake.

Happy to give any other feedback, we loved this 1br. It was a tremendous space and worth every point.
so they dont deliver groceries to the villas main bldg? no big deal i just may pick them up myself if at the villas bldg? and as far as paper supplies TP and paper towels do we have to buy our own or will they get us more? Dk since you werent there that long we are there for 9 days

so they dont deliver groceries to the villas main bldg? no big deal i just may pick them up myself if at the villas bldg? and as far as paper supplies TP and paper towels do we have to buy our own or will they get us more? Dk since you werent there that long we are there for 9 days
For grocery delivery, we used Amazon once and the Amazon delivery person went to the main building and bell services delivered to the villas building, and we used Instacart once and the instacart driver followed our instructions to deliver to the villas building (although we were there to receive it in a relatively timely manner ourselves). Both buildings will accept deliveries but at the villas building, ours were just sitting at the main desk and weren't given any special care(which wasn't needed as they arrived while we were roaming the resort and we just grabbed them on our way to the room).

I've never had an issue getting extra tp, I've never asked for extra paper towels, maybe someone else can fill in that gap.

*Made some edits above for clarity.

For grocery delivery, we used Amazon once and the Amazon delivery person went to the main building and bell services delivered to the villas building, and we used Instacart once and the instacart driver followed our instructions to deliver to the villas building (although we were there to receive it in a relatively timely manner ourselves). Both buildings will accept deliveries but at the villas building, ours were just sitting at the main desk and weren't given any special care(which wasn't needed as they arrived while we were roaming the resort and we just grabbed them on our way to the room).

I've never had an issue getting extra tp, I've never asked for extra paper towels, maybe someone else can fill in that gap.

*Made some edits above for clarity.
Ty I will use walmart probably since I am a Walmart+ member get free delivery just pay a tip.. see one only a few miles away so that will be good.

Ty I will use walmart probably since I am a Walmart+ member get free delivery just pay a tip.. see one only a few miles away so that will be good.
We used Walmart last year's trip, it was also fine. I think I met that driver in the loop though, so not helpful for storage knowledge

They will replenish any of that stuff if you call and let them know you need more.

We used Walmart last year's trip, it was also fine. I think I met that driver in the loop though, so not helpful for storage knowledge
looP? also do u get one complimentary load of soap for washing clothes? i may do more than one load just curious?

looP? also do u get one complimentary load of soap for washing clothes? i may do more than one load just curious?
Yes, the 1br has complimentary soap that can be used for two loads of laundry if you used the suggested half a bottle. They don't give dryer sheets, but additional soap and sheets is available for $1 in the communal laundry area. By loop I just meant the carport in front of the entrance to the building.

Another ? thanks to everyone who has responded..Since i am driving and staying at the villas how will they know not to charge me for parking If i dont plan on going to the front desk to check in just using text and phone to unlock door to get in? I guess a follow up ? would be how do they know im even driving to the resort in the first place? Im staying here renting DVC points from an owner

Another ? thanks to everyone who has responded..Since i am driving and staying at the villas how will they know not to charge me for parking If i dont plan on going to the front desk to check in just using text and phone to unlock door to get in? I guess a follow up ? would be how do they know im even driving to the resort in the first place? Im staying here renting DVC points from an owner
Since you are staying on points you shouldn’t be charged for parking. Just check your portfolio they send you to make sure they haven’t added it on. I’ve not had an issue with being charged for parking when staying on points.

Since you are staying on points you shouldn’t be charged for parking. Just check your portfolio they send you to make sure they haven’t added it on. I’ve not had an issue with being charged for parking when staying on points.
owner said i shouldnt be charged but how do they know you drive in is the question? if i dont physically check in ..to the villa just go and use my band to get in room

owner said i shouldnt be charged but how do they know you drive in is the question? if i dont physically check in ..to the villa just go and use my band to get in room
You will be stopped at the security gate on the way in so they will know you have a vehicle. I think that answers what you’re asking?

I haven’t stayed at VGF, but if it’s like other resorts and you have the reservation linked to you account, you don’t even need to stop to show anything to the guards. Just scan your magic band at the gate and it’ll open.

I haven’t stayed at VGF, but if it’s like other resorts and you have the reservation linked to you account, you don’t even need to stop to show anything to the guards. Just scan your magic band at the gate and it’ll open.
The first time you go through the gate you have to check in with the guards. After that you can use your magic band to raise the gate.

The first time you go through the gate you have to check in with the guards. After that you can use your magic band to raise the gate.
It’s weird. Two weeks ago I had a split stay (SSR and AKV) and I was able to get in at both resorts without checking with the guards.

Earlier in the year I stayed and stopped to check with the guard. I noticed he only had a glance at my ID and never checked my reservation. That’s why I tried it without checking and it worked. Can’t guarantee it’ll work, but it worked for me.

Does anyone know where we could find a room service menu? Do they deliver to the DVC villas?

*Also wondered if anyone gets pizza delivered from offsite - what company do you recommend, and do they deliver straight to your villa, or to the DVC lobby?

Does anyone know where we could find a room service menu? Do they deliver to the DVC villas?

*Also wondered if anyone gets pizza delivered from offsite - what company do you recommend, and do they deliver straight to your villa, or to the DVC lobby?
We used flippers pizza last trip and had a good experience, pizza was fine (my northeasterner roots make me picky on pizza fwiw), only suggestion is to leave some lead time if you use them, we probably went 60-75 mins from order to delivery (which was accurate in Uber eats expected timing so zero complaints).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter