The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

Alamo Insiders/Visa Coupon does not work for our dates either. We are 10/21 to 10/28 and it was coming up as $290 for full size. Yikes.

My current Dollar reservation is $145 full size, but I will keep looking. I would much rather Alamo than Dollar.

Alamo Insiders/Visa Coupon does not work for our dates either. We are 10/21 to 10/28 and it was coming up as $290 for full size. Yikes.

My current Dollar reservation is $145 full size, but I will keep looking. I would much rather Alamo than Dollar.

It really didn't work well for me until last night/today and we leave tomorrow! So don't give up hope!

If you go with Alamo, don't book full size at MCO - book a standard. They (Alamo) don't have a standard row so you will get a full size for a standard price.

It really didn't work well for me until last night/today and we leave tomorrow! So don't give up hope!

If you go with Alamo, don't book full size at MCO - book a standard. They (Alamo) don't have a standard row so you will get a full size for a standard price.

Excellent advice. Thank you so much. Have a fantastic trip!

Holy cr@p! I just checked Alamo again and my rate more than doubled from this morning! It is now $100 more than my reservation with National was going to be! Glad I didn't hesitate on booking.

Just got an email from Thrifty - "Limited Time Offer, Huge Savings!"

$35.99 a day is NOT huge savings.

Help! I used the code UPG and reserved a full size car for $160 for 9 days. I do not see anything anywhere regarding an upgrade to a minivan, other than the code UPG listed. Should I be seeing something else?? Do you need to be a member of a club or do you just need the coupon? Is the upgrade guaranteed or only if available? Thanks!!!!!!

I have a standard car with Alamo which is the same price, but includes an extra driver and you get to pick the car. I have a minivan reserved with Dollar for $295. We have only 4 people but am concerned our suitcases may not fit. Using Magic Express for arrival but will be staying offsite for departure. Maybe I could ship a suitcase home via Fedex.

http://www.thrifty.com/deals/regula...shx?SiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-_DS0N17RaWAIJ4zCuKxWEA
You need to print this coupon and present it at the check in desk for an upgrade. Upgrade from a full size to either a premium or a minivan. Good luck!

Made a reservation about a week or so ago through Costco travel and was OK with the price - 213 for a mid size for 7 days with Budget - but decided to check again today--since we leave tomorrow--and today it was 186 for same size through Alamo. :cool1:
And with Alamo I could do the online check in to skip the counter :)

It's worth checking again :)

Holy cr@p! I just checked Alamo again and my rate more than doubled from this morning! It is now $100 more than my reservation with National was going to be! Glad I didn't hesitate on booking.

Wow....I just went out to run errands and come back to see the prices have jumped alot. I guess it's true about the early bird! I was so hoping that National would drop, but tomorrow is our day! I'm thrilled to save a ton of money on the rental, even though it is Alamo.

Wow! I snatch up the National dip yesterday and now the same car is up $200 from yesterday :scared1:

Well, it looks like October is just an ugly month for car rentals....

For those of you that booked Dollar with the specials last month, we picked up this week. Full size was a row of Altimas and one lone Malibu. All of our luggage fit in the Altima so it worked out well and we had what I consider a good rate.

Good luck all!

Just got back on the computer tonight and the Alamo rate I had for $159 is now $295. My advice is just keep checking every day

For anyone booked with Alamo I thought I would give you an idea of what we found in the fullsize aisle last night. (Keep in mind this can always be different!). The row was full of Altimas and Malibus. I found one lone Chrysler 300 which we promptly took!

BTW, the counter agent told me that I could have done the online checkin with no problem even though I used the visa coupon. We came in so late that going to the counter really wasn't a problem though. I used my AMEX for payment with the code also with no problem :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For anyone booked with Alamo I thought I would give you an idea of what we found in the fullsize aisle last night. (Keep in mind this can always be different!). The row was full of Altimas and Malibus. I found one lone Chrysler 300 which we promptly took!

BTW, the counter agent told me that I could have done the online checkin with no problem even though I used the visa coupon. We came in so late that going to the counter really wasn't a problem though. I used my AMEX for payment with the code also with no problem :)

I also picked up yesterday side B, full size and the only thing they had as mentioned was only full size. Mostly Impalas. I know there have been post that other things have been found there, but not us. The entire full size row was filled with full size cars. We took a Ford Fusion because we are ford people and DH didn't want an Impala. For the price I paid we are happy with it, but I did miss my Executive Aisle for sure.

Thanks for the info...we arrive on Wednesday

Is anyone finding any deals renting at Disney instead of MCO? I have a reservation with Budget - wondering if it'll go lower for later this month.

Just rented from Budget at the airport and it was a breeze. So easy and such friendly representatives !!! Seriously thanked me for using Budget!!!! Return was easy! And just as friendly! Used the Wendie code as it was the cheapest rate for the 11-15th. Would use Budget again!!

I am going Oct 23-31 and the lowest I have found is $275 for a mid size SUV. Does anyone know any good codes to use or which company to try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter