The Official Expedition Everest 2013 Thread

I have recently become addicted to running. especially Disney running. I am not participating in the Expedition Everest challenge, but my dh and I will be at WDW May 1st to 3rd. Will the expo be open on Friday, May 3rd? I would like to go in and take a look at some of the merchandise if it is open.

My dh will be thrilled if I find another shopping opportunity! (Said very sarcastically)

sunshinecruise said:
I have recently become addicted to running. especially Disney running. I am not participating in the Expedition Everest challenge, but my dh and I will be at WDW May 1st to 3rd. Will the expo be open on Friday, May 3rd? I would like to go in and take a look at some of the merchandise if it is open.

My dh will be thrilled if I find another shopping opportunity! (Said very sarcastically)

I've never done the eec, this will be my first year, I have done the Princess Half and the Tower of Terror 10 miler. As I understand there is no real expo for this one, just a small tent with some run Disney shirts, raw threads will be there and now wet know that NB will also be there. The packet pick up opens at non on Friday the 3rd. And it is open to everyone

I've never done the eec, this will be my first year, I have done the Princess Half and the Tower of Terror 10 miler. As I understand there is no real expo for this one, just a small tent with some run Disney shirts, raw threads will be there and now wet know that NB will also be there. The packet pick up opens at non on Friday the 3rd. And it is open to everyone

Thank you, where is the tent going to be? Wide World of Sports, Animal Kingdom or somewhere else?

Just remember these are stability shoes, if you're going to use them for running I would recommend going to a show store and trying on a similar NB stability shoe and see how you like them... if you're getting them to just walk around then you don't need to worry about that...I got them at the princess expo and they work great for me ( I do need stability shoes)

I'm actually transitioning to minimalist running - I just want the Minnie's (& DH the Mickey's) to be our walking around shoes :-)

Still waiting to hear about sample clues. Has anyone received any this week?

If you want to see some clues from previous races, google "Expedition Everest scavenger hunt clues" and you will get links to blogs, race reports, and Disboard posts with pictures and descriptions of the clues.

I'm actually transitioning to minimize running - I just want the Minnie's (& DH the Mickey's) to be our walking around shoes :-)

That what I got mine for. I like my vibrams to run in. They make a perfect park shoe, ties in with the theme as well.

Still waiting to hear about sample clues. Has anyone received any this week?

Nothing here. And I doubt they will release them now.

Here are a couple that have made multiple appearances.

Expedition+Everest+Challenge0004.jpg

scan0028.jpg

In case the top of the clue card is a little challenging, let me explain it a little.

As soon as you cross the 5K finish line, you get your first clue and a sharpie marker.

On the clue card, it has an area of the park and a specific location to avoid all the participants going to a single location to show their clues and get the next card.

Don't worry if you don't know where Katmandu is in Asia or Cameroon is in Africa...they are just names on signs that are put up for the event that time into the general area you are in.

And as others have said, if you get stuck, the event volunteers or fellow racers will assist you.

I'm so bad at word games and puzzles, I'm going to be doing this scavenger hunt forever!!!

That what I got mine for. I like my vibrams to run in. They make a perfect park shoe, ties in with the theme as well.

Cool! I currently love my 2010 1st edition ReeBok ReeFlex (I only bought them in 2012 on sale) but they are getting worn for a training/running shoe. I have New Balance Minimus 1010 Trail Running Shoes - Minimalist (vibram sole) and am working on transitioning to them but it is taking time ::yes::

Unfortunately Reebok cheaped out on the new edition of ReeFlex - their soles suck and the insole is not as comfy/foamy! Don't know if I should get new shoes that are a middle ground between the ReeFlex and the NB Minimus or stick it out with my old ReeFlex ones :confused3

And yes - the RunDisney New Balance ones will be a perfect park shoes for HOURS of walking :banana::wizard::woohoo:

Cool! I currently love my 2010 1st edition ReeBok ReeFlex (I only bought them in 2012 on sale) but they are getting worn for a training/running shoe. I have New Balance Minimus 1010 Trail Running Shoes - Minimalist (vibram sole) and am working on transitioning to them but it is taking time ::yes::

Unfortunately Reebok cheaped out on the new edition of ReeFlex - their soles suck and the insole is not as comfy/foamy! Don't know if I should get new shoes that are a middle ground between the ReeFlex and the NB Minimus or stick it out with my old ReeFlex ones :confused3

And yes - the RunDisney New Balance ones will be a perfect park shoes for HOURS of walking :banana::wizard::woohoo:

I saw the New Balance with the Vibram sole at the store last weekend and got excited. I'm not looking to change shoes, but I'd be willing to give them a few miles for a test drive.

Is there a list of expo vendors for the EE run package pickup? I specifically want to know if Armpocket will be present but am unable to find a list of vendors on the runDisney site.

Thanks!

Is there a list of expo vendors for the EE run package pickup? I specifically want to know if Armpocket will be present but am unable to find a list of vendors on the runDisney site.

Thanks!

I don't believe there is an actual expo...there just happens to be a couple vendors there like NewBalance and RawThreads.

Thanks! Sounds like they better bring a lot of those shoes!

I'm psyched! I pre-ordered the Mad Hatter shirt and got an email from Raw Threads that they may be able to bring it to the EE package pickup vs. mailing it out later than originally planned. I love love love Raw Threads shirts. They are so lightweight, I almost feel cool (temp-wise) in them regardless of the ambient temp.

Thanks! Sounds like they better bring a lot of those shoes!

I'm psyched! I pre-ordered the Mad Hatter shirt and got an email from Raw Threads that they may be able to bring it to the EE package pickup vs. mailing it out later than originally planned. I love love love Raw Threads shirts. They are so lightweight, I almost feel cool (temp-wise) in them regardless of the ambient temp.

I'll be wearing my Mermaid shirt at some point that weekend! I totally agree!!! Love their stuff!!! Super comfy...if I didn't have shirts picked out to wear with my daughter I would probably be wearing a RawThreads shirt!

I'll be wearing my Mermaid shirt at some point that weekend! I totally agree!!! Love their stuff!!! Super comfy...if I didn't have shirts picked out to wear with my daughter I would probably be wearing a RawThreads shirt!

I never thought about wearing them to the parks. Thanks for the tip, I bet they'd be the best type of shirt for park touring.

My stepdaughter is wearing RT's Snow White shirt. And I, of course, will be the Evil Queen. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter