The Official DIS Oscars LIVE Watch Party Thread!!! TONITE!

Agreed. 🙁

Is it just me, or did the dancers just detract from what it was really about? The BAFTAs did something similar and I don't really like the trend. It used to be about the people we want to remember, with a moving song/music to accompany. Now, it's becoming more about the performers.

Agree, I thought it was very poorly done.

This In Memoriam was terrible. The camera was so far back, we could barely see the photos, even with out 65” screen. Forget reading the names. I want to see the tribute photos, not some anonymous dancers or the orchestra. Major FAIL.
Yup. Hopefully they go back to the tried and true method next year.

This In Memoriam was terrible. The camera was so far back, we could barely see the photos, even with out 65” screen. Forget reading the names. I want to see the tribute photos, not some anonymous dancers or the orchestra. Major FAIL.

Exactly! The producers and Director of Photography seem to forget the PURPOSE of the Memorium. >:( It's not about the dancers or the singers. We need to SEE and READ the people who've died.

It used to be that Best Picture always seemed to go with Best Director, but not so much recently, if I remember right?

So, we'll see...

Perhaps these awards will help bring attention to the needs of the people of New Mexico, especially the Tularosa Basin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter