The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

OK, I apologize from the beginning because I am coming in late to this game. I have been stressing all week because I foolishly booked my airfare last week when I misunderstood the cm about the available dates of my pin code; then found out that 12/4-12/9th were unavailable with the pin of 40% discount (well the 4th is ok, but the rest of the dates aren't).

Then the free dining discount came out, but it had similar black out dates. Now, from what I am reading from your posts now, am I reading correctly? If the offer is valid on my first date of check-in, will it be valid for all days?

Again, sorry for the confusion. I am just so confused at this point.:confused:

Yep, that is correct. The very last day is Dec 21, so we are checking in that night and have the free dining for every night of our trip and we check out on Dec 26.

We are at Pop, but I paid $15 per person per night to upgrade to the regular dining plan. It was that nuch, because the regular dining plan is more that week than earlier in the month, but it is so worth it.

Suzanne

Does anyone know if people are still partaking in photopass sharing or is this now forbidden?

Forbidden here, but they have some on facebook. I have prebought my CD, but when everything is offical and I know for sure we are goiong, I'm going to look if anyone is interested in a share over there.

Please add us to the list! We will be staying at POP December 28 - January 4!

It's my goddaughter and her mother's first trip! I'm excited to go back after just being there in March, although we didnt take advantage of the bounceback :(

I just received a free dining pin and I can use it online instead of calling!!
It's good for
For arrivals most nights 10/3–11/23/10 and 11/28-12/16/10.

I'm currently working with my TA on a trip for December. I had asked her about upgrading to the regular dining plan since we're booking Pop with the free QSDP and she said that what she quoted us included the regular dining plan :confused3 I've emailed her back to clarify but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else heard this? TIA!

I SOO wish they would give out discounts for Christmas week. I know, I know, they won't, ever. But a girl can hope right?? I am booked out in town but would LOVE to get my "Disney fix" in, but without a discount, it ain't gonna happen. I'm still gonna keep my eye out for any possibility of extended discounts. *crossing fingers*

I'm in the same boat! I will cross my fingers and toes for us!!

Kammie :wizard:

Just got a pin code for free dining today, now have to check with TA to see which deal is better---the one I have already with 30% off at a deluxe for the week I'm going or if the free dining is better--I bet the 30% off is better, but better check. I have never gotten so may pin codes as I have this year. Hope they keep it up!:goodvibes

Just got a pin code for free dining today, now have to check with TA to see which deal is better---the one I have already with 30% off at a deluxe for the week I'm going or if the free dining is better--I bet the 30% off is better, but better check. I have never gotten so may pin codes as I have this year. Hope they keep it up!:goodvibes

Every person who is traveling in my group for December got that one too! We are excited because the public free dining is not open to our dates but this one is!!!

:cool1::cool1::cloud9: We got the free dining pin code for Thanksgiving and I'm dancing on air!!:banana::banana:

This is my 15th time to go to Disney. I buy every disney thing I can get my hands on and go almost every year for the past 10 years. This is our FIRST pin code!!!!:banana:

I guess I owe it to my daughter Micah:love: cause she is the lucky one in the family and we will be celebrating her 16th birthday there!

Thanks Mickey!:cheer2:

Got the free dining pin today and applied it to our existing reservations! whoo hoo.:cool1: I have been waiting in hopes of SOME KIND of usable pin for months. We booked in April, and got all the great summer codes, but it wasn't until today that we got one we could use.

We will be in the world from Dec5-Dec11th. Please add us to the list of travelers this month! :D

OK, I apologize from the beginning because I am coming in late to this game. I have been stressing all week because I foolishly booked my airfare last week when I misunderstood the cm about the available dates of my pin code; then found out that 12/4-12/9th were unavailable with the pin of 40% discount (well the 4th is ok, but the rest of the dates aren't).

Then the free dining discount came out, but it had similar black out dates. Now, from what I am reading from your posts now, am I reading correctly? If the offer is valid on my first date of check-in, will it be valid for all days?

Again, sorry for the confusion. I am just so confused at this point.:confused:

That is the case for special offers, but for pin codes it's only available on the dates shown at least that's what the CM I talked with told me. We are going in the blackout dates in Dec.....foolishly bought our airfare or could have moved the dates....and had a pin that covered the first 2 days of our trip and that's all. If it was offered as a special offer to the general public you could extend it out to the entire stay. HTH Emily

I got 3 free dining pin codes yesterday, 1 to each of my e-mail addresses, but none of them work for my dates. Good thing the Public free dining does, however, I would love to have a % off for a room only, because that might be better for us, I would really like to stay at POFQ, since we stayed at Pop last Christmas.

Suzanne

OK folks. The pin for resort only should be coming any day now if history means anything. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. I really want a pin so we can stay at BLT or VAKL December 21st through the 26th.

That is the case for special offers, but for pin codes it's only available on the dates shown at least that's what the CM I talked with told me. We are going in the blackout dates in Dec.....foolishly bought our airfare or could have moved the dates....and had a pin that covered the first 2 days of our trip and that's all. If it was offered as a special offer to the general public you could extend it out to the entire stay. HTH Emily

When the public FD for Nov/Dec came out and I realized our dates were blacked out I felt the same. We had already booked our air, so changing dates (just needed to arrive 2 days later to get advantage of the offer) would have incurred a major fee from the airline.

Then my husband reminded me of WHY we booked air when we did. We got a heck of a price on it! So really, even though it seemed we were missing a "deal" from Disney because of it we were likely saving overall because of the airfare rate we got.

Then yesterday I got the new FD PIN to 3 of my 4 Disney accounts, and our dates ARE now covered, so I couldn't be happier. With booking airfare at the great price when we did, the QS FD we can now use, and the Disney Reward credits from our Chase Visa cards, we will be out of pocket practically nothing once we arrive in December!

The trip is my 24 year old daughter and myself, 5 nights, 6 day Park Hopper at a Value. Since breakfast/lunch/snacks will now be covered, we feel freer to make some ressies at a few nicer places for dinners. We likely WILL still share some lunches, as we did last trip, but won't take poptarts for breakfast in the room this time or the hot pot to make my morning tea. (I actually MAY still do that, I like having my tea while she showers...) We can grab breakfast at the food court on the way out in the morning. We will use our Chase reward points towards sit down dinners and souvenir shopping! And yes as other threads have said, we likely WILL have leftover Dining credits when we leave, but that's okay too. I don't intend to gorge myself just because it's free.

And ultimately, we will be at Disney World for nearly a week, how can we NOT be happy?!

Have a Magical Day everyone!

OK folks. The pin for resort only should be coming any day now if history means anything. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. I really want a pin so we can stay at BLT or VAKL December 21st through the 26th.

From your lips to Mickey's ears :mickeyjum. We already have free dinging Dec 21 thru 26, but would be better off with a room only and add dining and tickets seperately, althought I know 1 night won't be discounted (Dec 25th).

Suzanne

We've already booked a trip, my three-year-old son's first and my first trip to Disney since 1997, for December 10-15. We're staying at the Polynesian, garden view and have free dining (which we upgraded to deluxe). I think we'd be better off, based on comparisons I did using the current offer and other value dates, with the 40% hotel and buy our dining plan (which I think is still a good deal with advance reservations and daily sit down meals at decent places). Is that even a remote possibility at this point?

I'm definitely in sticker shock over the total cost (hotel, 6-day park hopper, deluxe dining plan). We originally planned to spend about $2,500, then upped it to $2,800, then $3,100 and now $3,400 ... and that's without a "view" room. Jeepers! Yesterday, I was ready to just bag the whole thing until my husband came home and said he'd booked airline tickets.

So, since I'm new to all this (a friend pointed me towards these boards) what are the odds of us getting a "pin" or "code" for a special at this point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter