*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Are you talking about your magic bands or your magical express luggage tags?
Neither of those (have Magical Express stuff and Magic Bands are on their way). This was another set of documents that showed what you booked and also included your extra add on stuff (mini golf vouchers etc.). Maybe they are not doing that anymore? Nothing we ever needed just liked getting Disney mail.

EDIT TO ADD: Just received our final itinerary email that has all the information I was used to seeing being mailed. Really feeling real now!

Last edited:
I can't believe we leave this Saturday!!
Our new adventures this time include:
Villians After Hours
Staying at Pop Century (we've only ever done All stars Music and off property)
Artist Point
Ohana breakfast
and lots of new rides because my son is finally willing to try some roller coasters this time!!
So excited!

Us too! I can't believe it's finally here.

I forgot to mention we are going to Artist Point as a new things for us as well.

I'm a nervous wreck - selected from a slew of applications to be 1/6 for a phone interview for a position I really want. The interview was on Friday. Waiting to see if I make the in person selection. This is so much more important to me that for the first time, I am barely thinking about the countdown to a Disney trip! I read the boards in an attempt to occupy my brain so it doesn't fry itself worrying if I did well or not or if I can get one more reference or run out into traffic and pick up a penny (yeah, did that on Sunday). You're all providing a valuable mental health service!

Good Luck!

We are leaving tomorrow morning at 4am to begin our long two day drive. :car:
I love road trips!!
So excited. After work tonite, I am headed to Houston to stay by the airport so I can fly out first thing in the morning!! WooHoo!
We are all checked into our 6:50 AM flight for tomorrow, with a really good boarding group assignment! :jumping1: We are so excited!! If all goes according to plan we will be in the air and MCO bound at this time tomorrow!!!:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::tigger::sulley::hmghost::ccat::figment::simba::stitch:

I just have to get through my 3 hour long meeting(I've already warned everyone that focusing will not be my strong suit today!) and then home to finish cleaning and take the dogs to the doggy sitter.

Hope you all enjoy your trips! Be safe and have lots of fun!

Hope all that are leaving in the next couple of days have amazing trips!!! We have a few more days to go here. Tie dyed some shirts this morning for the wife and I, and in a few minutes we are headed out to do some shopping, and enjoy the rest of the afternoon together with our son. This will be our last day off together before the trip. I work the next 5 days, and then have off Monday. The wife works straight through Monday, and we will be on our way Tuesday before the sun comes up.

I'm a nervous wreck - selected from a slew of applications to be 1/6 for a phone interview for a position I really want. The interview was on Friday. Waiting to see if I make the in person selection. This is so much more important to me that for the first time, I am barely thinking about the countdown to a Disney trip! I read the boards in an attempt to occupy my brain so it doesn't fry itself worrying if I did well or not or if I can get one more reference or run out into traffic and pick up a penny (yeah, did that on Sunday). You're all providing a valuable mental health service!
Best of luck to you! DD is in the same boat as you, she can't believe she is going to an interview on top of our trip. She made it through round one! Fingers crossed that you both hear happy news!!!!

Thanks!

I’m getting a little worried about our drive from Virginia to Florida on Thursday. It looks like the potential for the tropical depression will bring downpours that day.

We don't hit the road until 8/17, but I am keeping a watchful eye on the weather.
It is always a concern heading south if I 95 floods. We are driving from MA, and we are actually spending a night in VA. We gave ourselves two nights down and back just in case we have to get off the road in bad weather. Let's hope it's clear sailing for us Disney road trippers. Safe travels, and have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

So normally when we are considering traveling to wdw during hurricane season, I don't really worry about it at all. This time, however, I find myself watching the 5-day outlook with fear and trepidation. With only a 2-night trip, we'll probably either be completely fine (MOST LIKELY) or completely washed out and cancelled (highly unlikely, but possible). I sure hope the weather cooperates!

So normally when we are considering traveling to wdw during hurricane season, I don't really worry about it at all. This time, however, I find myself watching the 5-day outlook with fear and trepidation. With only a 2-night trip, we'll probably either be completely fine (MOST LIKELY) or completely washed out and cancelled (highly unlikely, but possible). I sure hope the weather cooperates!
The weather is fine in the Atlantic right now. Very few tropical depressions right now

I've already told DH that if a hurricane hits, we're just staying at Disney! No rush to leave - we'll ride it out... mainly because I have the absolute WORST luck with flights and we'd end up stranded directly in the path of any incoming hurricane if we tried to fly out early or something. Seriously. I consider a 3-4 hour flight delay normal and expect to have a flight canceled any time I have a connection. I've been flying on the same $200 SW voucher for 2 years. I just got it reissued again in July.

Right now no talk of hurricanes, the little depression off shore is hopefully fizzing out and the latest N
Neither of those (have Magical Express stuff and Magic Bands are on their way). This was another set of documents that showed what you booked and also included your extra add on stuff (mini golf vouchers etc.). Maybe they are not doing that anymore? Nothing we ever needed just liked getting Disney mail.

EDIT TO ADD: Just received our final itinerary email that has all the information I was used to seeing being mailed. Really feeling real now!

We get a little booklet that has our reservation number, dates, resort info and some generic info on it. In the back of the book sometimes they put in tear off coupons for mini golf and some places in Disney Springs that offer discounts. We received 3 for our upcoming trip, one for the first trip we booked, then we changed from BWI to BWV and one when we changed the dates. 😆 They also send the emails too but the books are fun to get since they put your name on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter