*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Typhoon Lagoon, Moonlight Magic, Cali Grill (brunch), Coronado Springs, Plaza dinner, Illuminations Dessert Party - all new! Not bad for our 2nd trip this year!
We might do Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic, too. Just waiting until we are there to decide. Too old* for waterparks during crazy downpours.

*of course if we had guests with us like we 90% of the time, we'd do it but not just the two of us.

We are starting to lay out outfits for each day and finish up packing! SO READY! So much to do around the house this week and then it's OFF to WDW!

Anyone trying something NEW this trip?
We are...
1. Villains Party
2. AK After Hours
3. Skipper Canteen for dinner
4. AP for my Fiance

New things we're planning for this trip:
upgrading my ticket to an AP
MK DAH
AK DAH
Character Warehouse
take boat to Wilderness Lodge and explore
Trader Sam's
Star Wars VOID experience in DS
afternoon breaks/naps (at least on a few days)

I need to make a list of new snacks and food to try! What are you all looking forward to eating? Calories don't count at Disney!

Looking forward to many snacks and treats!
Dole Whip float.
Citrus swirl.
Kakigori shaved ice in Japan. We always watch Illuminations in Japan and get one of them while waiting.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse at Satuli Canteen. If I had to choose only one treat at WDW, it would be this.
Brownie sundae at the ice cream shop near ToT.
The above are all things I've had before and want to have again. The below are things I want to try for the first time.
Peter Pan lime float.
Dole Whip with pineapple upside down cake.
Mickey ice cream sandwich
2319 cone
The Lost Princess cone

Woo Hoo! I started my single digit dance today :dancer:

Safe travels @Je-Ree Olenik !

We hit single digits as well!

We are starting to lay out outfits for each day and finish up packing! SO READY! So much to do around the house this week and then it's OFF to WDW!

We are...
1. Villains Party
2. AK After Hours
4. AP for my Fiance

Yup, we have some new things happening.

1) We are flying this time instead of driving. Every other trip we've take has been driving. This will be the first time flying at all for DS15 (and he is super excited about it) and for DW (she is super NOT excited about it lol).
2) Looks like DS and I will be going on a helicopter tour, something neither of us have done before.
3) We are planning on going on a swamp boat tour as well, also something we have never done.
4) Villains After Hours. We've never done any of the Disney After Hours events before.
5) DIS party in Pandora. This is our first time going to a dreams unlimited travel event, so we are very much looking forward to it.
6) Via Napoli. A bit nervous about this one. I work for a pizza shop, so it is pretty hard for me to eat pizza elsewhere lol.
7) Animation Academy at Animal Kingdom.
8) Classic Car Cruise at Old Town. We have been there for the Muscle Car cruise, but never for the classic car cruise.
9) Celebration Town Tavern, and a bit of shopping / exploring in Celebration
10) The Edison. I've been looking forward to trying this ever since I heard it was coming to Disney Springs.

There are probably other things that are new this year, but at the moment, this is all I can think of.

I need to make a list of new snacks and food to try! What are you all looking forward to eating? Calories don't count at Disney!

I am half looking forward to Via Napoli, and half afraid I will compare it to what we make here in NY, and not enjoy it. I always look forward to the fish and chips at Rose and Crown. I'm also looking forward to eating at Bahama Breeze (outside of Disney) and having fried alligator (also outside of Disney). Breakfast at Crystal Palace is one of my favorite meals in Disney, and this year we will be trying Crystal Palace for supper as well.

We are...
1. Villains Party
2. AK After Hours
4. AP for my Fiance

We are trying Yak and Yeti
driving instead of flying
DH first time since a child so a lot of new things for him
First time at All Start Sports

Last edited:
I did a pre trip dollar store run today. Picked up some ponchos, hand sanitizer, etc....We're hitting the road this trip too, heading out August 17. Due to chronic sinus trouble, I think my flying days are over. After last year's flight I was pretty much deaf for the entire trip, :listen: and it ended with an ear infection. UGH. Anyway we're excited to hit the road again. We're taking our time, with stops in VA, and Savannah. Actually some of our best vacation memories happened on the drive to and from Disney. Can't wait for Cracker Barrel (love the gift shop), and all the tacky South of the Border billboards. Good times!
Have a magical vacation, and a safe trip! pixiedust:

oh wow that sucks you cant fly anymore. This is our first family road trip. On the way back we plan to take our time and stop. Thanks and have a safe trip!

Less than a week left! I have brought the suitcases upstairs and have everything laid out and ready to be packed. We just finished 4-H at the State Fair and I have my classroom decorated and ready for the new year. It’s time to get our Disney on!! We are calling this our “go big or go home” trip because there are lots of new things this visit ...
Garden Grill breakfast, Behind the Seeds tour for my husband’s birthday, Frozen dessert party, H2O Glow at Typhoon Lagoon, AK DAH, Villains AH. I’m most excited about HS EMM because we were at Disney last summer 2 weeks before Toy Story land opened up, so this will be our first time to see it. To top it all off, this is our 24th wedding anniversary trip and we will be staying at POR again which is where we did our honeymoon, although it was called Dixie Landings back then. Hope these last few days go by quickly!!!

Our new thing is just that this will be such a short trip! Our first 3 trips were around 10 days each, but this will only be 2 nights and one full day. I can't imagine ever doing a trip this short except for participating in a specific event like the GE AP Preview we're coming down for. Otherwise it just wouldn't be worth the cost of the plane tickets.

Typically I dont wear one because I usually have my hair in a pony tail and its just not comfortable over the "bump", but I would assume a sunburn on my face and a peeling nose isnt comfortable either, so Ill give it a try. If it doesnt work, I can throw it in my DDs cinch sack. Thank you for sharing your info. Something I didnt think of.
I just bought a new hat on Amazon that has a little hole in the back for a ponytail to go through. I haven't worn it in the park yet, but it feels good on my head and has a chin strap. The sides have some mesh so I think it will be relatively cool. The name on the side says "sun shade".

I can't believe we go on Saturday. So excited. It's just DD19 and me this time and we have quite a few new things planned. The after hours/EMM events never seem to be offered when we go during Spring Break. Here goes:

1. Magical Express (always rent a car)
2. AOA for one night.
3. Dining Plan
4. AK AH
5. EMM Toy Story Land - Wasn't open when we were last there in April 2018.
6. EMM MK
7. Villains AH
8. Storybook Dining
9. Ohana breakfast
10. 1900 Park Fare Dinner
11. Going during the summer
12. More afternoon breaks/pool time (recent years have not taken breaks)
13. Photo studio in Disney Springs

We try to do something new every trip. This trip will be DD's first ride on Space Mountain, and possibly a first ride on Everest for her, DS and myself (if DS doesn't chicken out). It's also the first time we're going to Maria and Enzo's and Chicken Guy. Two new meet and greets for us - finding Kevin at AK and Edna at HS. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but those are the ones at the top of my head.

I started grabbing clothes out of the laundry so the kids don't wear them before we go. Obviously I can't do that with everything, but some of their shirts and dresses for DD. I'm hoping to be able to pack as I go rather than blitz the day before - so I'm trying to cut down on the laundry I have to do before we leave!

New things:

Staying at a Deluxe Resort (Beach Club)
Parents coming with us
Little man getting his first haircut
SWGE AP Preview
Beaches and Cream Dinner
Ale and Compass Breakfast
The Plaza Lunch
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Flying Fish Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Via Napoli Lunch
Crossing fingers for River of Lights and Tree of Life awakening at AK (for some reason we never make it that late at AK lol)
Also crossing fingers for World of Animation and Star Wars Fireworks at DHS (same reason as AK pretty much)

Snacks/Food (may not end up with having all of these this trip but I always have a pretty big list haha):

Shakes at Plaza and B&C
Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls (and the cheeseburger ones too)
Flame Tree BBQ
Cheeseburger Pods
Cheshire Cat Tail
Woody's Lunch Box Grilled Cheese
Art Smith Chicken Biscuit Sliders
Sprinkles Capn Crunch Ice Cream
Ample Hill Butter Cake Ice Cream
All the new dole whip character cones that are available (I know some are not there anymore but hoping they pop back up, especially the hei-hei one)
Ronto Roasters Breakfast Sausage
Sleepy Hollow chicken and waffle sandwich
Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich (always a must)
Breakfast at Les Halles
Poutine at Epcot
Secret AP Sunshine Seasons snack (still dont know what it is yet though)

We're all safe, sound and very happy at home now! So I guess I'm ready for WDW now with all that walking!

So glad to hear that you found your dog! That must have been so stressful. I know I would've been a wreck!

New Things For Us:
Longest trip at 15 nights.
Galaxy's Edge preview
Less planning and more free time available - still have "must do's" booked but also have a lot of free nights to wing it.
Dinner at Toledo
special breakfast party arranged by our TA in Epcot with various Toy Story characters.
EMM at DHS for Toy Story Land - we did EMM at DHS when it was offered years ago but that was before TSL was open
EMM at MK with the expanded offerings and breakfast location change
Earliest MNSSHP ever attended

Due to chronic sinus trouble, I think my flying days are over. After last year's flight I was pretty much deaf for the entire trip,

This is my one concern with us flying. I have chronic sinus issues as well but I'm holding out hope it won't be affected as bad as yours was.

So last week, my wife and I went to the lake. On Sunday, a few hours before we were supposed to be heading home, we went on a hike and left our dog with some family at the cabin. She managed to sneak out the gate when someone opened it and we think she started looking for us. She was missing until yesterday at 10am! We had some sightings in the first few days, but nothing for over 3 days after that! We were wondering how we were going to be able to go to WDW with our little girl missing! My pedometer says that I walked over 170 kilometers (105 miles) while I was out looking for her this week. Then 2 days ago, someone said they might have spotted her around 11pm near a campground. We didn't find her that night, but an hour into searching on Saturday, we got another tip from another person and found her minutes after that! We're all safe, sound and very happy at home now! So I guess I'm ready for WDW now with all that walking! One more week to go!

So glad you found your fur baby. I'm not a hug dog person but my oldest son got a German Shepherd (named Kevin)right before he got married so I basically kept the puppy until ater his honeymoon. The little stinker gre on me. Sadly he has to get rid of him because of things that have come up. He is heart broken because the dog is only 7.5 months. Well my future son in law has a German Shepherd already so he offered to take Kevin on a trial basis. I hope it works out because this was Kevin is still in the family. My daughter says Kevin will still be her brother's but will just live with them.

I am half looking forward to Via Napoli, and half afraid I will compare it to what we make here in NY, and not enjoy it. I always look forward to the fish and chips at Rose and Crown. I'm also looking forward to eating at Bahama Breeze (outside of Disney) and having fried alligator (also outside of Disney). Breakfast at Crystal Palace is one of my favorite meals in Disney, and this year we will be trying Crystal Palace for supper as well.

My kids tried fried Alligator on one of our cruises. Surprisingly my picky kid actually liked it. It's amazing how being on a cruise will make the kids step out and try new things. On the other hand, I'm way too picky to try new things :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter