*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

I just added on a day so we will not be leaving til September 4th!!! That means 2 weekends at Disney!!! WOO HOO!!! And I got the one night at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace for $60!! Dude I am ready to roll!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Last edited:
I just added on a day so we will not be leaving til September 4th!!! That means 2 weekends at Disney!!! WOO HOO!!! And I got the one night at the Hilton Buena Vista Plaza for $60!! Dude I am ready to roll!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I'm jealous!! I think I'd bite the stress of overspending to add another night if I could. I just clued in we receive free mini golf rounds, so trying to make sure we can fit that into the vacation. I already added 1.5 days extra to this trip (compared to our last two) and I'm STILL not finding enough time. Sadly since we have a 20h drive home and school starts the 6th we really do have to check out the 3rd and hit the road so I can at least do laundry before back to reality.

Spent the morning at Magic Kingdom (we did the EMM- early morning magic). Back to Contemporary for a swim/rest. Heading to Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise tonight!

Enjoy your cruise! :)
Well... long story, but when we checked in for pirates and pals fireworks cruise, there was a problem with the boat, so they set us up out front of the contemporary under a covered area. They brought out desserts (as per usual) and we had tables with chairs set up. We were disappointed, but they did give us 1/2 the money back, so they tried to make it right and things happen. Then during the fireworks (beautiful!) the Wishes sound track went off for a bit... they ended up refunding everyone their full amount. While we would have preferred being on the boat, we were thrilled to have the dessert and chairs/tables and not having to fight the MK crowd:-) And, they gave everyone their money back. Wow, great customer service Disney. Thank you! So yes thank you, we enjoyed our 'cruise' :rolleyes1

Well... long story, but when we checked in for pirates and pals fireworks cruise, there was a problem with the boat, so they set us up out front of the contemporary under a covered area. They brought out desserts (as per usual) and we had tables with chairs set up. We were disappointed, but they did give us 1/2 the money back, so they tried to make it right and things happen. Then during the fireworks (beautiful!) the Wishes sound track went off for a bit... they ended up refunding everyone their full amount. While we would have preferred being on the boat, we were thrilled to have the dessert and chairs/tables and not having to fight the MK crowd:-) And, they gave everyone their money back. Wow, great customer service Disney. Thank you! So yes thank you, we enjoyed our 'cruise' :rolleyes1

So glad they made it right for you! :thumbsup2

I've officially started packing. Suitcases are out on the spare bed. Laundry is almost done.

Busy few days before we leave. Tomorrow Disney nails after work, Tuesday is my bday so we are going out for dinner, Wednesday I work both my jobs long 13 hour day (but they pays for my Mickey trip). And Thursday we leave right after work!!! Yikes always seems like we wait forever for our vacations, but they sneak up and then we are out of time haha.

I've officially started packing. Suitcases are out on the spare bed. Laundry is almost done.

Busy few days before we leave. Tomorrow Disney nails after work, Tuesday is my bday so we are going out for dinner, Wednesday I work both my jobs long 13 hour day (but they pays for my Mickey trip). And Thursday we leave right after work!!! Yikes always seems like we wait forever for our vacations, but they sneak up and then we are out of time haha.
Hurry up and get here! We're having fun without you! :p

So stressed out right now. Our house/puppy sitter's car broke down about two hours away from us as he was driving in yesterday (after all auto shops in the area were already closed. He managed to get a tow via his insurance to a different city just as far away and found out his car is basically scrap with all that's wrong with it. So now we are waiting to hear from him to see if he managed to get a rental, or if hubby has to drive two hours (each way) to pick him up tonight after he gets off work at 6pm.

Hubby is amazing, telling me everything will be fine, but it's just all this the day before our early flight to the airport tomorrow morning. Sitter will drive us to the airport in our own car, so he'll have transportation when he gets here, but with all the packing and everything going on today after work, I am a MESS. I keep repeating to myself it will all be fine once those wheels touch down in Orlando tomorrow.

So stressed out right now. Our house/puppy sitter's car broke down about two hours away from us as he was driving in yesterday (after all auto shops in the area were already closed. He managed to get a tow via his insurance to a different city just as far away and found out his car is basically scrap with all that's wrong with it. So now we are waiting to hear from him to see if he managed to get a rental, or if hubby has to drive two hours (each way) to pick him up tonight after he gets off work at 6pm.

Hubby is amazing, telling me everything will be fine, but it's just all this the day before our early flight to the airport tomorrow morning. Sitter will drive us to the airport in our own car, so he'll have transportation when he gets here, but with all the packing and everything going on today after work, I am a MESS. I keep repeating to myself it will all be fine once those wheels touch down in Orlando tomorrow.

Breathe. It will all be okay. Hubby sounds like a keeper. :)
Hope things work themselves out! pixiedust:

I am so sorry to hear you are having extra stress before your trip. Take a few deep breaths and think of Disney!! Once you get on that plane all your worries will be gone.

Thank you both. Just heard back from the sitter and he was able to get a rental from Enterprise. On the positive side, he sounded happy to be able to shop for another vehicle. He's got two trucks at his home, so maybe this will give him the opportunity to consolidate and get rid of one of those.

Thank you both. Just heard back from the sitter and he was able to get a rental from Enterprise. On the positive side, he sounded happy to be able to shop for another vehicle. He's got two trucks at his home, so maybe this will give him the opportunity to consolidate and get rid of one of those.

Great news!!! Have a great trip

Lol August is not done yet this thread doesn't quite need to die. 2 days until my start/check in! We hit the road in 16hours. Can't remember who said something about Disney nails earlier on, but sounded fun so I did it. Lol cost would suck up a Disney trip if I did them on a regular basis, but so cute and so much fun. Thanks for the idea.

Lol August is not done yet this thread doesn't quite need to die. 2 days until my start/check in! We hit the road in 16hours. Can't remember who said something about Disney nails earlier on, but sounded fun so I did it. Lol cost would suck up a Disney trip if I did them on a regular basis, but so cute and so much fun. Thanks for the idea.
11 hours and we head over to the mainland to stay the night before flying out tomorrow morning!! I can't believe the time is almost here. Just have to make it through 8 hours of work haha

I got my nails done too I'll try to attach a pic. image.jpegimage.jpeg

11 hours and we head over to the mainland to stay the night before flying out tomorrow morning!! I can't believe the time is almost here. Just have to make it through 8 hours of work haha

I got my nails done too I'll try to attach a pic. View attachment 189756View attachment 189758
You guys aren't the only ones left with trips still ahead :) Leaving tomorrow night around 10 for hotel by airport, should arrive at MCO approx. 11:15 Saturday morning. Hope you both have magical trips!!

You guys aren't the only ones left with trips still ahead :) Leaving tomorrow night around 10 for hotel by airport, should arrive at MCO approx. 11:15 Saturday morning. Hope you both have magical trips!!
Another upcoming trip here! We don't leave until Sunday...weather permitting. I really hope nothing comes of this storm!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter