The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! We're doing the double-digit dance today! 99 days till our Disney trip, staying at Shades of Green! I'm so excited!

We just had a awesome car service take us from the airport to SOG ...with a nice grocery stop! Really I think this was the best and cheapest option. We didn't miss magical express! Just having a nice clean vehicle with a friendly driver to fit all five of us and having the ability to get a bunch of thins at a grocery store was priceless!!!!

Please let us know what service you used!!!

Wow, really nice and close to everything. I would add the walk to the Poly to grab the monorail is not very long, but very pleasant.

Any questions?

How long is the walk essentially to the Poly?
Also, after you find out, please report on the food options / restaurants and was it good!!! ;)

Enjoy your trip!!!

We just had a awesome car service take us from the airport to SOG ...with a nice grocery stop! Really I think this was the best and cheapest option. We didn't miss magical express! Just having a nice clean vehicle with a friendly driver to fit all five of us and having the ability to get a bunch of thins at a grocery store was priceless!!!!
another request for the name of your car service. :)

also, will the other SOG thread be closed - there are still posts happening and it just gets a little confusing. :)

The other thread switched before I was able to get an answer, thought I would check here :goodvibes !

Two questions:

We did not use room service last time, just went to Evergreen's and grabbed take-out - how late does room service run and what does it offer:confused3 ?

And second, which is the Palm section? A later poster mentioned the Magnolia wing, sounds like it might be finished by our November trip. The Magnolia is our preferred section, trying to get one overlooking the pool and on toward MK.

Thanks!

another request for the name of your car service. :)

also, will the other SOG thread be closed - there are still posts happening and it just gets a little confusing. :)

Not the poster you are asking it from, but we used Tiffany. He was waiting for us in luggage claim, and gave us a grocery stop - can't remember the name of the store, but it was one with reasonable prices. Quick and efficient, and they showed up on time for the ride back. I think we paid around $90 for the RT, not including tips (two separate drivers).

I will have one in two weeks!!! We are leaving for Shades tomorrow!!!!:cool1:

Someone in the other thread mentioned a rehab going on in the magnolia wing, does anyone know if this has already started and when it might be finished?

We always stay in poolside or pool view rooms, so just wondering how the rehab might affect guest and if all the rooms in that wing will be closed off simultaneously.

Not the poster you are asking it from, but we used Tiffany. He was waiting for us in luggage claim, and gave us a grocery stop - can't remember the name of the store, but it was one with reasonable prices. Quick and efficient, and they showed up on time for the ride back. I think we paid around $90 for the RT, not including tips (two separate drivers).

I have to second the Tiffany towncar review... Our driver's name was Morrow (I know the spelling is wrong on this - pronounced just like tomorrow), and he was really the best driver. With in an hour of landing, he had us at our hotel! I can't recommend Tiffany enough! :cool1:

D~

Thought I'd ask for an update on people experience in requesting connecting rooms. A while back (early last year), I remember reading several reports that people have trouble getting the connecting rooms that they requested. Then when I visited in May 2008, I was given the requested connecting rooms - no problem. May is not the busiest time of year, but it's not really empty either. And I didn't make any other requests.

So if you requested connecting rooms, can you share with us, how many rooms did you request, what time of year, any other requests (such as location), and was your request honored?

Thanks.

Dec 06 I requested 2 connecting rooms and got them. We were in the old section but did not request any particular section. :)

So it sounds like Evergreens has closed.

Manginos now offers a combination menu.

Questions:
1. Is the "new" restaurant open late at night for some after park closing dining?
2. Will there be any options for poolside dining in the future?
3. I had read a long time ago that the Eagles lounge had closed. Is there anyplace on Shades property to have chat with friends and have beer?
4. If anyone is visiting in the next few weeks, would you please post a copy of the menu at the "new" restaurant. With these changes the info at allears is now obsolete.

TIA

As far as connecting rooms go, we've been in July and early August and requested 2 rooms (connecting) and have gotten our request every time. So three stays, all during the summer, requested and received connecting rooms each time.

On top of connecting rooms we also request close to the pool and that didn't seem to affect the connecting room request at all (we always had both request honored).

We have stayed in November, and the last week in March. Both times requested Magnolia building and connecting rooms, and we got both.

Leaving early Saturday!! Will post situation with restraurants and construction as soon as I can. Planned on eating at Evergreen's, so I will try and post some type of menu.

firenurse

We stayed at SOG in March '07 at the height of Spring Break with another family. We requested to be near them, but did not request connecting rooms. We did ask to be in the new section on a higher floor. We got the new section, 4th floor, and connecting rooms with our friends. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter