The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm overwhelmed with mixed emotions right now. :upsidedow I just switched to CSR from WL. :goodvibes :sad1: :headache: :sick:

I know I've come to the right thread for consolation. :thumbsup2

DH, DD(11) and I will be in a std. view room from Nov. 25-Dec 2. I made some requests based on what I saw on the map. I requested Casitas bldg 4, top floor in order to be near laundry and the bus stop. I know this is quite a walk from the restaurant/food court, but I like to walk, especially after meals. If we don't feel like walking for some reason, we'll use our car.

Please tell me more about how happy I'll be. I have dreamed of staying in the WL since 1998. We would still be booked there, but we couldn't get a room for all 7 nights of our stay. I've been calling and calling to add the 7th night, but nada. DH is tired of all the drama, and he does not want to do a split stay. He's a one-resort-for-all-nights sort of guy, so CSR, here we come!:dance3:

Well, I'm overwhelmed with mixed emotions right now. :upsidedow I just switched to CSR from WL. :goodvibes :sad1: :headache: :sick:

I know I've come to the right thread for consolation. :thumbsup2

DH, DD(11) and I will be in a std. view room from Nov. 25-Dec 2. I made some requests based on what I saw on the map. I requested Casitas bldg 4, top floor in order to be near laundry and the bus stop. I know this is quite a walk from the restaurant/food court, but I like to walk, especially after meals. If we don't feel like walking for some reason, we'll use our car.

Please tell me more about how happy I'll be. I have dreamed of staying in the WL since 1998. We would still be booked there, but we couldn't get a room for all 7 nights of our stay. I've been calling and calling to add the 7th night, but nada. DH is tired of all the drama, and he does not want to do a split stay. He's a one-resort-for-all-nights sort of guy, so CSR, here we come!:dance3:

feel great consolation after looking at all the pictures on Buzz's site. We walked all over the resort and was shown a room on our last visit. It was our favorite mod that we visited. Great perks and scenery in my opinion.

Wherever you are at Disney, you are at Disney! I can't wait for June to get here for our trip.

You'll have a great time!

Take Care

it's probably on here somewhere already....but what is the room internet access like? My fiance wants to buy a laptop (no...not JUST for the trip), and I suggested that I thought he could use it in our room. Just wanted to check the internet status!
Thanks!

I brought mine on both trips to CSR. My current laptop is old and not worth much. Check to see if you need additional insurance for laptops/electronics before you go (and trip insurance might also cover a stolen laptop).

First trip I packed the laptop away whenever I was out of the room. Second trip I just left it on the table, plugged in.

Their wired ethernet works great and if you are good with computers you can set up one laptop to be a wireless gateway for a second laptop (we did this so my wife could run her laptop too).

I am trying to convince my DH not to bring ours. He took it last time and we only used it to do a check-in at the airport before we left the resort.

Is there anywhere at the resort or in one of the parks where he could check something on-line if we need to?

He has a blackberry - with internet access. I think that is plenty....especially since he isn't doing business down there.

Please help. We leave at the end of the week!

feel great consolation after looking at all the pictures on Buzz's site. We walked all over the resort and was shown a room on our last visit. It was our favorite mod that we visited. Great perks and scenery in my opinion.

Wherever you are at Disney, you are at Disney! I can't wait for June to get here for our trip.

You'll have a great time!

Take Care

:hug: Thank you for your kindness.

Buzz's site certainly is fantastic! :thumbsup2 I do hope I'm not disappointed in the location I've selected, but I do think I'd prefer to be near the fitness center vs. the Dig Site. Casitas 4 seems great for this. Since we have our car, we'll actually be fine with almost any location.

I just hope my experience is not the same as another DISer who reported having been originally placed in this exact building at check in (Casitas, bldg 4), only to find that one of his/her rooms had been smoked in. This would not be good for DH's asthma. Of course, I realize this could happen at ANY WDW resort hotel, and NOT just at CSR. Fortunately, we're going at a slower time of the year, and switching rooms will likely not be difficult if we encounter this situation.

I knew that if I ever went back to a moderate it would be CSR. It's actually the only mod I've not stayed in. In the past, we've stayed in several of the DVC resorts as well as the other mods, with a couple of CR stays thrown into the mix. All WDW resorts have their pros and cons. This time, I was looking forward to the WL, but I'll go back there someday. I just need to view this last-minute CSR switch as an exciting new "Adventure, by Disney." ;) It will be good....I'm sure. :goodvibes

Buzz or any of you helpful people out there:

Where can I find a list of the prices for the spa services? I wouldn't mind getting a nice relaxing massage while I am there.

:hug: Thank you for your kindness.

Buzz's site certainly is fantastic! :thumbsup2 I do hope I'm not disappointed in the location I've selected, but I do think I'd prefer to be near the fitness center vs. the Dig Site. Casitas 4 seems great for this. Since we have our car, we'll actually be fine with almost any location.

I just hope my experience is not the same as another DISer who reported having been originally placed in this exact building at check in (Casitas, bldg 4), only to find that one of his/her rooms had been smoked in. This would not be good for DH's asthma. Of course, I realize this could happen at ANY WDW resort hotel, and NOT just at CSR. Fortunately, we're going at a slower time of the year, and switching rooms will likely not be difficult if we encounter this situation.

I knew that if I ever went back to a moderate it would be CSR. It's actually the only mod I've not stayed in. In the past, we've stayed in several of the DVC resorts as well as the other mods, with a couple of CR stays thrown into the mix. All WDW resorts have their pros and cons. This time, I was looking forward to the WL, but I'll go back there someday. I just need to view this last-minute CSR switch as an exciting new "Adventure, by Disney." ;) It will be good....I'm sure. :goodvibes

DzynyDreams:

I noticed that at the botom of your post that you have lost 38.8 pound since June- that is so awesome. Right now I am stuck at 19 pounds and the scale won't budge. Have you ever run into this problem and what did you do to fix it. I have lost 19 pounds since Memorial Day..

DzynyDreams:

I noticed that at the botom of your post that you have lost 38.8 pound since June- that is so awesome. Right now I am stuck at 19 pounds and the scale won't budge. Have you ever run into this problem and what did you do to fix it. I have lost 19 pounds since Memorial Day..

So far I've not hit any plateaus (as they call them at Weight Watchers). However, I know of several ladies who have, and they just had to work through it. Some stay the same weight for weeks. I have consistently lost each week, but I have a lot to lose. Plateaus normally seem to occur when you're closer to your goal weight.

The ones who break the cycle usually make some sort of change in their routine, be it exercise and/or types of food eaten. Most folks who join Weight Watchers use the "flex" plan so they can eat almost anything as long as they're counting their “points.” Once they hit a plateau, some switch to the "core" plan, which is more of what nature intended: no processed foods, fresh fruits & veggies, etc. Then there are those who don’t change any part of their eating patterns, but they change things up by adding a new twist to their work out routine: more time, a different exercise, greater intensity, etc.

Good luck to you! I hope you see the scales move very soon! :banana:

So far I've not hit any plateaus (as they call them at Weight Watchers). However, I know of several ladies who have, and they just had to work through it. Some stay the same weight for weeks. I have consistently lost each week, but I have a lot to lose. Plateaus normally seem to occur when you're closer to your goal weight.

The ones who break the cycle usually make some sort of change in their routine, be it exercise and/or types of food eaten. Most folks who join Weight Watchers use the "flex" plan so they can eat almost anything as long as they're counting their “points.” Once they hit a plateau, some switch to the "core" plan, which is more of what nature intended: no processed foods, fresh fruits & veggies, etc. Then there are those who don’t change any part of their eating patterns, but they change things up by adding a new twist to their work out routine: more time, a different exercise, greater intensity, etc.

Good luck to you! I hope you see the scales move very soon! :banana:

It seems that I stay the same for like 3 weeks and then I weigh myself and I will drop 2-3 pounds- remarkable huh?? I have stepped my exercise up a notch but taking my classes instead of doing the same stuff. I am no where near my goal weight and I have alot to lose. Although I am not losing pounds I am losing inches and maybe my fat is turning into muscle, which weighs more..

Well I've made a reservation for our family from March 24-30 of next year. I'm trying to weed through all of the posts here and the additional information on Buzz's website. I've reserved a waterview room with the deluxe meal plan. Nothing special above and beyond that. This is our third trip to DW and our first on site. I'm hoping that we will be able to relax and enjoy the park more. Plus, our kids are older, I'm a little, umh, wiser and, well, it's Disney! I've already promised my daughter a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and her big brother a ride on SE. Any other pointers would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

. . . I am no where near my goal weight and I have alot to lose. Although I am not losing pounds I am losing inches and maybe my fat is turning into muscle, which weighs more..

Inches DO count, don't they!?! :) Way to go!!! :woohoo:

Well I've made a reservation for our family from March 24-30 of next year. I'm trying to weed through all of the posts here and the additional information on Buzz's website. I've reserved a waterview room with the deluxe meal plan. Nothing special above and beyond that. This is our third trip to DW and our first on site. I'm hoping that we will be able to relax and enjoy the park more. Plus, our kids are older, I'm a little, umh, wiser and, well, it's Disney! I've already promised my daughter a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and her big brother a ride on SE. Any other pointers would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

I think you will absolutely love being onsite!! (BTW, I love your signature!)

What made you decide to go with a waterview room? (just curious)

I am so used to staying at resorts with balconies. To me, a room without a balcony just doesn't really have a "view." If I must walk out the door to see my "view," then I can walk around the corner just as easily to see it as well.

I wonder if the view really makes a BIG difference at CSR. Any opinions on this? :confused3

Thanks for the response. To be honest, I asked for the water view because I didn't want to run the risk of looking out over a parking lot for 7 days. So I guess the answer is ignorance! :rolleyes1

If you can offer a clearer view on the waterview option, or offer a suggestion on what I should ask for in a room at CSR, I have plenty of time to make changes. I don't take much vacation, so when I do I want to truly relax and enjoy myself.

Thanks in advance.

...If you can offer a clearer view on the waterview option, or offer a suggestion on what I should ask for in a room at CSR, I have plenty of time to make changes. I don't take much vacation, so when I do I want to truly relax and enjoy myself.

Thanks in advance.

Right now, I'm still a newbie around here too. I just switched (today) from WL to CSR. I was bummed at first because WL is my absolute favorite WDW resort of all time, but I digress....

I hope others will offer more input on the waterview rooms. If I'm missing out on something, I definitely want to switch to a waterview too (monkey see, monkey do.) ;)

I suppose if you do actually look out of your window much, you're exactly right about looking at the parking lot for 7 days -- that could get pretty dull. I tend to hole-up in my personal "cave-away-from-home," so looking out the window pretty much only happens when I want to check the weather.:umbrella:

Has anyone stayed in a Junior Suite? Is the Murphy bed any good? Any pictures?

Thanks!!!

vmu2af.jpg

5zqzsm0.jpg

We will be at CSR next year over Easter Break and am wondering if anybody has any input on the bus stops. Would we be wise to avoid the last bus stop when going to the parks? I read on another thread that sometimes that one is skipped if the bus fills from the first 3 stops. Is this true? I requested Bldg 9B which is closest to the last stop. Should we request 8A or B instead?

We will be at CSR next year over Easter Break and am wondering if anybody has any input on the bus stops. Would we be wise to avoid the last bus stop when going to the parks? I read on another thread that sometimes that one is skipped if the bus fills from the first 3 stops. Is this true? I requested Bldg 9B which is closest to the last stop. Should we request 8A or B instead?
I was at CSR in 2006 for Easter/Spring Break and had no issues with the bus. We only had to stand twice during that week and both times it was leaving Epcot. The buses are quick and efficient. You can always use bus stop 4 if you are worried.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me please. First, if I request a certain area or building, what are the chances of getting it? Second, what is the opinion on the water view rooms? Is it worth the upcharge? Finally, what are some recommendations for areas or buildings?

I have a family of 4 (DW-29 again, DS-11 and DD-8), staying the end of next March. We would like something relatively quiet that is still close to the pool and food areas. I've been looking at the pictures on Buzz's website and the facilities look fabulous. The Cabanas look ideal, but will this fit the parameters that I'm looking for? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter