The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Polynesian!! 7/27-8/3 Come join the fun!!! :)

My gosh, I feel sad for you. I know the feeling of a great trip coming to an end. Just think, now you can look forward to planning for your next Disney trip!! Hopefully that will make you feel a little better. Safe travels home.

Linda

TigrLvsPooh
If anyone has specific questions about any of these meals please feel free to ask.

I was glad to hear that you liked your "Yak and Yetti" experience! We've never eaten there but will be there for the first time on our daughters birthday. Any suggestions or recommendations would greatly be appreciated!
Your posts have me really pumped for our trip in 3 days! Thanks again!

:goodvibes

I was glad to hear that you liked your "Yak and Yetti" experience! We've never eaten there but will be there for the first time on our daughters birthday. Any suggestions or recommendations would greatly be appreciated!
Your posts have me really pumped for our trip in 3 days! Thanks again!

:goodvibes

We all love Chinese food at home so the kids were willing to eat the pot stickers, egg rolls, and fried rice. :) I got the honey chicken, Dh got a beef thing I can't remember the name, but we all shared everything with each other... the portions are large and I really felt like we got our money's worth. It's also nice to escape the heat. They have some yummy adult beverages too. :) the only down side was no TIW discount. I didn't realize it was a Landry's owned restaurant. Typically we would do Flame Tree but it was so hot outside we needed to get indoors for a rest. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Erika - I have enjoyed all your trip reports and catching up with your family after seeing you on the Travel Channel all of those years ago.

I have a question about your camera - I'm considering the Nikon S9500 and was wondering about the battery life. Does it last for a full day at Disney or do you need to carry a spare?

Thanks!

Hi Erika - I have enjoyed all your trip reports and catching up with your family after seeing you on the Travel Channel all of those years ago.

I have a question about your camera - I'm considering the Nikon S9500 and was wondering about the battery life. Does it last for a full day at Disney or do you need to carry a spare?

Thanks!

I carry a spare but I've never had to use it. :) When I bought the camera at best buy it came with an extra battery and a case. But I took pictures all day and videos too. So the battery life must be really good. ;)

Was just scrolling through my pics, forgot to share this one of the lobster roll at Columbia harbor house :p

null_zps989dca9e.jpg

I'm definitely trying that!!!! How was it? Do you think it's big enough to share if your trying to eat light for dessert party later?

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

I'm definitely trying that!!!! How was it? Do you think it's big enough to share if your trying to eat light for dessert party later?

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

It was good , the lobster is mixed with a sort of coleslaw type mixture. The roll was really soft. It is served with potato chips. I think you could share it for sure if you have the dessert party to save room for. :)

What do you think if BWV? I see you stayed at the BWI once and I'm getting ready to read that trip report (can't wait to find the time!!)

I moved from BLT 1 bedroom to BWV 1 bedroom to take advantage of the 30% off rate so I'm wondering what you thought of your experience over there. It makes me a little nervous that you appear to only have stayed there once!

Love the trip report!!!

What do you think if BWV? I see you stayed at the BWI once and I'm getting ready to read that trip report (can't wait to find the time!!)

I moved from BLT 1 bedroom to BWV 1 bedroom to take advantage of the 30% off rate so I'm wondering what you thought of your experience over there. It makes me a little nervous that you appear to only have stayed there once!

Love the trip report!!!

As the DVC resorts go BWV is probably running in the middle of the pack for me. I'm not a huge fan but the location is great. Especially if you like the Epcot area. If I was comparing it to BLT the major difference would be one bathroom in the BWV 1-bedroom compared to 2 at BLT. Also the BLT villas are newer of course, so the villas feel very modern and new. I'm not sure what the rehab status is at the BWV, I know the BWI was refurbished and our room there in January felt fresh. I wouldn't be nervous if I were you, I think you will enjoy the resort. :) We'll be in a 1-bedroom at BCV next time and I'm looking forward to having the extra square footage. Plus my husband and kids love the Epcot area.

Thank you! I wanted BC Villas but alas no 30% off rate for a 1 bedroom. I am excited. I stayed at YC once and it was great being over on the Boardwalk area. BWV puts us even closer to Epcot.

Another question if you don't mind. (You are such a wealth of info!) Have you ever been first week of November? I'm wondering about the crowds and also if it's too cold for a water park. Hoping to do Blizzard Beach (TL is going to be closed).

Thanks again!!!!!! LOVE your reports!!!

As the DVC resorts go BWV is probably running in the middle of the pack for me. I'm not a huge fan but the location is great. Especially if you like the Epcot area. If I was comparing it to BLT the major difference would be one bathroom in the BWV 1-bedroom compared to 2 at BLT. Also the BLT villas are newer of course, so the villas feel very modern and new. I'm not sure what the rehab status is at the BWV, I know the BWI was refurbished and our room there in January felt fresh. I wouldn't be nervous if I were you, I think you will enjoy the resort. :) We'll be in a 1-bedroom at BCV next time and I'm looking forward to having the extra square footage. Plus my husband and kids love the Epcot area.

Erika...you were on The Travel Channel?!?!?!

Yep :) it was a show called Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World. It doesn't air on the Travel Channel anymore, but you can watch it in 6 parts on YouTube. ;)

Thank you! I wanted BC Villas but alas no 30% off rate for a 1 bedroom. I am excited. I stayed at YC once and it was great being over on the Boardwalk area. BWV puts us even closer to Epcot.

Another question if you don't mind. (You are such a wealth of info!) Have you ever been first week of November? I'm wondering about the crowds and also if it's too cold for a water park. Hoping to do Blizzard Beach (TL is going to be closed).

Thanks again!!!!!! LOVE your reports!!!

Yep, in fact we were there the first week of November last year. :) I remember it being warm, but we still wore a sweatshirt in the early mornings. By mid morning we were fine with just a Tshirt. I think the water park is probably doable, but the weather can be a bit cool. I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to the temperatures. I would probably wait and make the definitive decision once you get there. Have a backup plan just in case the weather isn't warm enough. :)

just booked a theme park view for the first week of December - do you think it would be safe to request Tahiti? Or would they be starting the blocking off for the construction of the DVC?

just booked a theme park view for the first week of December - do you think it would be safe to request Tahiti? Or would they be starting the blocking off for the construction of the DVC?

Since it looks like Tahiti won't be getting the rehab I would go for Tuvalu. We walked past there a couple of nights ago and the rehab is in progress. So it would be nice and fresh for December. :)

TigrLvsPooh
They have some yummy adult beverages too.

Ya know! Thanks for that. I was actually LOOKING for some place that had good adult beverages! A really great margarita. Or a fantastic wine. What did they have at yak and yeti (or any other disney place) that you can recommend?
I know it's all gonna be really REALLY expensive..but as long as it's awesome...it wont hurt as much as a BAD drink that's really really expensive.
Any suggestions?

Yep :) it was a show called Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World. It doesn't air on the Travel Channel anymore, but you can watch it in 6 parts on YouTube. ;)

Oh my gosh...just watched part 1! I'll have to catch up on the rest tomorrow. Just too cool!

Ya know! Thanks for that. I was actually LOOKING for some place that had good adult beverages! A really great margarita. Or a fantastic wine. What did they have at yak and yeti (or any other disney place) that you can recommend?
I know it's all gonna be really REALLY expensive..but as long as it's awesome...it wont hurt as much as a BAD drink that's really really expensive.
Any suggestions?

The best margaritas are definitely at La Cava in Mexico (Epcot)! ::yes:: They have a whole menu of flavors and every type of tequila you can imagine! It's a neat place to go , sort of dark and tucked away. When DH and I go to WDW without the kids we always spend time there. They have really good chips and salsa. :thumbsup2

Another favorite drink would be the Grey Goose Slushie in France (Epcot). They are expensive but sooooooo delicious. :goodvibes

A lot of people try to "drink around the world" but usually those are the ones you find on the ground passed out somewhere around the international gateway. :lmao:

If you like wine I would recommend hitting Italy and France, they have some great ones and you can do tasting. Les Vins de France is a good spot. Also you can do what's called a Wine Walk, I think it's $20 to sample wines in France, Germany, and Italy.

One thing you'll never run out of at WDW is drinks. :rotfl2:

I'm a little late but always enjoy reading your live TR.
We just returned. We were fortunate to be there for the month of July. We bought a condo in April. :)
Are you guys DVC members?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter