The Most Magical Week - Complete Trip Report

Hi Adam,

Only getting to read your entire TR now. Ive laughed, gotten teary eyed, green eyed (ponchielli - love them!) but overall im struck by what a kind, caring and truly fantastic person you are. After such a tough year you brought your family together in an amazing way, which i have no doubt your parents will never forget and whole heartedly appreciate.

Cannot wait for the next installments of your travels. When are you off to China? And if you feel like PMing me all the glorious details of the awkwardness feel free :hug:

OOOH and where were your olives in the HNY?!?!

Hello you!! :goodvibes Thank you so much! It was definately the most memorable DLP trip to date and we all had such an amazing time together...

It was the first time we've gone away as a family for quite a few years because I go away with my friends each year and my parents do the same - so it was such a luxury to have that family-time back.

I am so looking forward to my nexy DLP visit in July. It is only an overnight stay, although I admit I have now added a day so we have two nights - and it is so that my Nan (who is 75 next week) can experience Disney. She hasn't left the country in decades, let-alone ever visited a Disney Park. It has been somewhere she has always dreamed of visiting but never thought she actually would, and when she told me that (you know me) I rushed online and started booking! It will be just me, my mum and my nan - so it will be a lovely weekend break for us!!

As for China, I MUST start training for that! I fly out in October, but I am currently ill (man flu) so haven't been able to start training yet. Hopefully, next week I will be back to normal and doing a heck of a lot of walking!!! :banana:

What a wonderful time you had!
I love love loved reading your report! :lovestruc

It really was a special trip and we were all delighted with what we achieved in the 5 days... My parents were a little apprehensive about going to DLP at first, but they both absolutely adored the time they spent there!
Thanks for the lovely comment :goodvibes

Hi Adam :goodvibes

Well, what a wonderful, wonderful TR

I thought I would just read a little bit and then finish it later today but I couldn't stop reading :worship:

Your photos are so lovely and I just love that you all have the BIGGEST smiles in every picture

It sounds like you all enjoyed yourself so much and that it wasn't just where you were that made the trip so delightful but the fact that you were all together :cloud9:

Thanks so much for sharing :flower3:

Hi Adam !

What a great trip report ! :thumbsup2

It was wonderful to read and made the start at my office easier. :rotfl2:

The Castle Club....wow....this would be a dream for me. :eek:

Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories. :worship:

:wizard:

Thorsten

Hi Adam :goodvibes

Well, what a wonderful, wonderful TR

I thought I would just read a little bit and then finish it later today but I couldn't stop reading :worship:

Your photos are so lovely and I just love that you all have the BIGGEST smiles in every picture

It sounds like you all enjoyed yourself so much and that it wasn't just where you were that made the trip so delightful but the fact that you were all together :cloud9:

Thanks so much for sharing :flower3:

Aww thank you so much Linda! :goodvibes

With all that has happened recently, it was so nice spending time together as a family - it just made it that bit more magical being in a world of total fantasy! :wizard:

We spoke of you whilst we were there actually... your "cocktails around the lake" evening during your solo-trip was a great inspiration for us midweek :worship:

Hi Adam !

What a great trip report ! :thumbsup2

It was wonderful to read and made the start at my office easier. :rotfl2:

The Castle Club....wow....this would be a dream for me. :eek:

Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories. :worship:

:wizard:

Thorsten

I'm glad you enjoyed reading and thank you for the lovely compliment. It really was a dream come true for all of us :goodvibes

I absolutely loved your trip report, you all look so happy!
I was wondering though, the buzz lightyear photos, are they the photos you bought with the 35 euro pack? Its just, I don't know what the frames look like when you buy them with the voucher as I understand that they're not the normal cardboard frames. I hope you can help :worship:

Great report and fab photos.

Notice you went to the New York City Bar, Cafe Fantasia and Redwood Lounge.
What did you think of them, must admit all 3 are on my list for August for an evening drink, we stay at HNY.

I truly loved your trip report....fantastic photos!

We're staying at the 'pink palace' next November to celebrate DH's 30th birthday, my mum also reminded me the other day that it's my parents 25th wedding anniversary shortly after too (i know i know, i'm a bad daughter forgetting :rotfl2: ), so our trip will also be to celebrate that as a family.

If our stay is half as magical as yours i will be very happy :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing :cloud9:

I absolutely loved your trip report, you all look so happy!
I was wondering though, the buzz lightyear photos, are they the photos you bought with the 35 euro pack? Its just, I don't know what the frames look like when you buy them with the voucher as I understand that they're not the normal cardboard frames. I hope you can help :worship:

Thank you!! We had a fantastic time!!

Yes! We got the Buzz photos with the 35 Euro Pack... same with the photo with all of us and St. Patrick's Day Mickey Mouse. They came in a card envelope type thing and not a frame though...

Great report and fab photos.

Notice you went to the New York City Bar, Cafe Fantasia and Redwood Lounge.
What did you think of them, must admit all 3 are on my list for August for an evening drink, we stay at HNY.

Thank you!! I love the Café Fantasia for the theming and for the whole "pomp" of it all... I wasn't entirely impressed by New York City Bar personally. I know a lot of people enjoy it there but I really didn't 'get-it' :confused3

My alltime favourite bar has to be the Redwood Lounge though!! There is absolutely nothing in the world that beats sitting next to the roaring fire with a Redwood Cocktail after a day in the park!! I love it!! Complete BLISS!!!!! :cloud9:

I truly loved your trip report....fantastic photos!

We're staying at the 'pink palace' next November to celebrate DH's 30th birthday, my mum also reminded me the other day that it's my parents 25th wedding anniversary shortly after too (i know i know, i'm a bad daughter forgetting :rotfl2: ), so our trip will also be to celebrate that as a family.

If our stay is half as magical as yours i will be very happy :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing :cloud9:

Thank you!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

Oh how wonderful!! I hope you get some pixie dust sprinkled your way for the big trip too!!! You're going to have such a fabulous time!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the feedback.

No doubt I will try all three, HNY City Bar is probably just a matter of taste.
Must admit as all are within easy walking distance that's such an advantage.

Oh Adam that was a magical trip! How wonderful that you could spend time at disney as a family--I love that your parents loved it there too!!! You are a lovely family----what a good son you are (what wonderful parents too-god bless)!!! Funny, my parents dont understand why I keep going back to WDW-besides it being the happiest place on earth---its a great place to celebrate being a family! I am glad my DD loves it (she is 5) I hope when she is your age we STILL go as a family...

WOW!! The castle club looks amazing! I am still dreaming of a trip to DLP--first I need to save up for the plane tix!! Your trip report makes me want to go even MORE!!!

I hope your next trip is also magical--can't wait to read about it!

-Yuliya in NYC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter