The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread

mom2brady said:
Wow-these are great suggestions. Any recommendations for CS at MGM?
Tammy

MGM's counter service are sorta well plain. But just read about a new place that I can't wait to try. It's taking the place of Studio Catering Co. and it's called Flatbread Grill. Anyone out there have any reviews? Hope it's good.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

NAME of RESTAURANT: The Mara
MEAL INCLUDED: Individual Tandori Pizza, side salad, Nestea Ice Tea
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Zebra domes and chocolate mousse bombes

This was definitely enough to share between two people - my mom and I split it for dinner.

For all of those who rave about Zebra Domes (sorry not me) they are available as a dessert with a cs meal here. They come in a little plastic box with the mini chocolate mousse's.

We ate there in Feb with the Dining Plan:

Name: Flatbread Grill
Place: MGM
Location: Right next to Honey I Shrunk...Playground near Lights,Motor, Action Stunt Show
What we Ate: Excellent Greek Salad, Foot Long Hot Dogs for the kids, Also did some sort of Meditteraen Beans/Rice/Beef
Dessert: I am not spelling this right Pannicetti (like a cheesecake only in a cup) Really Good, also fruit eclairs

I think that this is an excellent alternative to hamburgers/fries and they still have lots of kid friendly choices....

FYI....there is also a snack trailer right outside of Lights, Motor, Action that has steamed dumplings (chinese)in veggie and pork and these are snack credits..they also have excellent frozen drinks (not on dining plan)

Thanks for the suggestions-the Flatbread Grille sounds like our style. This is the first trip to WDW for my dh and he is a huge food lover so I want to make sure I hit the good spots. We are also taking ds who is one so I'm a bit nervous-although I'm getting more confident since joining this message board.

So, Flatbread Grill is on the DP. I checked the 2006 one, and it wasn't listed, but if it's a new restaurant, than maybe that's why it's not on there. I sure hope it is as that's the only CS I've seen in MGM that looks good.

Flametree BBQ
Animal Kingdom
ribs w/ corn on the cob, chocolate cake and drink
half a rotissere chicken, baked beans, frozen lemonade, drink

The five of us ordered 2 of the rib plates and one chicken plate. My whole family could have eaten the chicken plate w/ no problem. My 5 yo ds shared the ribs w/ me and we were fine. When we go back, we will not order that much. Maybe one rib plate and one chicken plate for the 5 of us. Plus, it tasted very good.

NAME of RESTAURANT: Pecos Bills
MEAL INCLUDED:BIG Salad w/ chicken and lime vinagrette dressing
bottle of water
FOR DESSERT I HAD... OH MY GOD chocolate peanutbutter brownie -WARNING- do not look at the fat content!

NAME of RESTAURANT:Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Half a Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie
FOR DESSERT I HAD... carrot cake and my husband had chocolate cake

This was the largest and the yummiest CS meal that we had on the free dining plan last year. Two people could have shared just one meal so I think this year we'll offer to give someone in line one of our desserts.

Cosmic Rays in MK also had good sized meal portions with smaller desserts and the food choices were decent.

This year I want to try more CS at Epcot when we there in September.

Hi! I am joining in and when I have some more time I will post some of what we found on our last trip.

The Flatbread Grill was pretty good in December. It had several different things, which I like. We had the panicotta dessert and I would have that again. I saw someone with the bread and dipping sauce and plan to try that next time. Lots of seating but the lines for ordering are a bit difficult. It would help a lot if people would figure out what they wanted BEFORE they got in line though.

Slightly Goofy

Just an FYI if you want to subscribe to a thread, you can use the THREAD TOOLS drop down and just subscribe that way.

HTH!

DH, DS(2), and I are heading to WDW in May and are using the DDP, so this is quite helpful. :Pinkbounc Many of the CS places already commented on are ones that we have picked as possible stops for us. Many of these meals sound huge and share-able. Are all of the CS meals huge or just at some places? Just wondering if it is better for us to order one meal and share and save CS credits???

MeLaNie9 said:
DH, DS(2), and I are heading to WDW in May and are using the DDP, so this is quite helpful. :Pinkbounc Many of the CS places already commented on are ones that we have picked as possible stops for us. Many of these meals sound huge and share-able. Are all of the CS meals huge or just at some places? Just wondering if it is better for us to order one meal and share and save CS credits???

It really depends on how much you eat :) How's that for a vague answer? Seriosly though, last year we got 2 CS meals and it was enough to hold us over until either our next CS or TS meal. There are 4 of us 2A,2C (ages 4 and 5). The meals are much bigger than a typical fast food place (Wendys, etc). I would think that you would be fine sharing at a lot of places unless one of you is a big eater. Also if you get one CS, you could always add another if you aren't full.

MeLaNie9 said:

I agree with the other poster that said it depends on your family. Someone said they could share the 1/2 chicken meal 4 ways and my family would turn on me quick .... "whaddya mean I get ONE leg :furious: ?" ROTFLMAO!
You also have people that will get a double cheeseburger and ask for an extra bun and split the fries and soda. I can see that working but not sure if I would actually do it!

I did try to get my DS's ages 6 & 9 to share ADULT meals. Well whenever they split a meal they would complain they were still hungry. Then I'd let them each get a meal and it wouldn't get finished. Talk about frustration!

I don't think the portions are way out of line for what you normally get anywhere else. Most of the time it comes in that little cardboard square bowl thingy. Most subs are the "small" version of a Jerry's sub ... not a 12". Pizzas are like personal pizza size, burgers are normal size ... ribs someone said 1/2 rack and that is a normal portion imho.

I would say if you eat out and typically share than the same is true at WDW.

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter