The Marvels

Well, Deadpool is a bit different form your standard MCU fare, with the biggest difference being the R Rating. It hits a slightly different audience. There may be an issue though with the six-year gap between movies. It's hard to say what it will do. Wolverine may be a boost, but then again, when was the last good X-Men move (or anything for that matte)?
Wolverine is still a very popular character imho. Although I agree X men movies have been hit or Miss. I thought Logan was very well done.
Exact opposite for me personally.. I've never seen any Wolverine movie, but can't wait for Deadpool.

Maybe so, but within the comic book super fans, Wolverine is a A list hero. For reference Ant Man is a C or D tier character.
Maybe Z list for me... Id rather see an Atom Ant movie.

I collected comics for a long time and I even have Atom Ant comics books.. All those years I never heard of Ant Man until the movie - I see it goes back to 62 so I am a bit surprised I missed it since I like Atom Ant as well as Adam and the Ants.
In general ants are pretty cool.

Regardless I think there is a lot of good content in the secondary levels in Marvel that could be made for less and do well if you focus on the entertainment side of it and leave agenda out of it - even if its perceived agenda.

Rule 1 is Put Butts in seats IMO

Maybe Z list for me... Id rather see an Atom Ant movie.

I collected comics for a long time and I even have Atom Ant comics books.. All those years I never heard of Ant Man until the movie - I see it goes back to 62 so I am a bit surprised I missed it since I like Atom Ant as well as Adam and the Ants.
In general ants are pretty cool.

Regardless I think there is a lot of good content in the secondary levels in Marvel that could be made for less and do well if you focus on the entertainment side of it and leave agenda out of it - even if its perceived agenda.

Rule 1 is Put Butts in seats IMO

Question, though - it if it perceived agenda, which it is, how can they possibly avoid that. There are people out there that see "agenda" in just about everything. The answer is that they actually do focus on entertainment.

So do you honestly think 3 female protagonists and a female antagonist all
of a variety of ethnicity happened completely organically with no eye at being inclusive?

have these three protagonist teamed up in the comics before, and this was just
following a comic storyline?

Question, though - it if it perceived agenda, which it is, how can they possibly avoid that. There are people out there that see "agenda" in just about everything. The answer is that they actually do focus on entertainment.
As I have said - I did not see this one - so cant say - I just know I'm not interested in it from what I have seen and I am not the target audience anyway. I'm more interested in The Marvels from the investment side of it - my stock and my collection of MS Marvel comics - if it did well the comics go up. When it does bad they go down.
She Hulk affected the value of She Hulk comics from what I understand from a friend - in a negative way. I don't have any of those so never really paid attention to it.
(EDIT: In this vain the value of all my Ghost Rider comics went from worthless to pretty valuable because of the Movie.)
I have also always been a Marvel fan in general over DC and the others.

Still a fair amount of stuff I have watched from Disney does try to push agendas - you may disagree and that perfectly fine - nothing says we have to agree on it or see it from the same perspective.

Lets also keep in mind that the directors and cast of many of these things spin it that is anti this or anti that and attack the fan base. It cant be that they just made a bad or average movie.

of a variety of ethnicity happened completely organically with no eye at being inclusive?

I don't know about teaming up in the comics, but they're pretty well related. Monica was in the first Captain Marvel movie and Kamala is a Captain Marvel superfan (in the comics and Ms. Marvel).

Uh, yeah. Monica was created in 1982 as the new Captain Marvel to replace Mar-Vell. Carol was Binary for a while, then Warbird, then back to Ms. Marvel, then Captain Marvel. So, the characters have always been related. Kamala came in WAY later in 2013 to be a young Ms. Marvel. Sure, she's a Muslim teenager, but that alone doesn't compromise an "agenda". The characters are related, so they made a movie with all of htem. It's no different than pairing Ant-Man and Wasp.

I mean, really? We actually are at a point where a movie with a female lead is enough to constitute an agenda?

As I have said - I did not see this one - so cant say - I just know I'm not interested in it from what I have seen and I am not the target audience anyway. I'm more interested in The Marvels from the investment side of it - my stock and my collection of MS Marvel comics - if it did well the comics go up. When it does bad they go down.
She Hulk affected the value of She Hulk comics from what I understand from a friend - in a negative way. I don't have any of those so never really paid attention to it.
(EDIT: In this vain the value of all my Ghost Rider comics went from worthless to pretty valuable because of the Movie.)
I have also always been a Marvel fan in general over DC and the others.

Still a fair amount of stuff I have watched from Disney does try to push agendas - you may disagree and that perfectly fine - nothing says we have to agree on it or see it from the same perspective.

Lets also keep in mind that the directors and cast of many of these things spin it that is anti this or anti that and attack the fan base. It cant be that they just made a bad or average movie.

The only director of any movie I know of who ever "attacked" the fanbase was Paul Fieg. And just because he was glib about the criticism doesn't make all other film directors guilty by association.

The only director of any movie I know of who ever "attacked" the fanbase was Paul Fieg. And just because he was glib about the criticism doesn't make all other film directors guilty by association.
The director of The Marvels maybe? There are others.

This thinking isn't unique to movies unfortunately. People are having fits and crying "agenda!!!!!" because the new Grand Theft Auto game is starring a female protagonist.
It happens in the comics as well.

For GTA6 it may come down to how its done, but I am sure there are people that will complain.
I stopped playing GTA5 a while back so I wont be onto 6 as it will probable only be on line and no story mode.

No, but a predominantly female cast in a genre that has traditionally been a majority male fan base does seem like a cast created in a spreadsheet to me, but maybe I am wrong. Seems to me like identity is really important in 2023 Marvel castings decisions, but maybe I way off base.

No, but a predominantly female cast in a genre that has traditionally been a majority male fan base does seem like a cast created in a spreadsheet to me, but maybe I am wrong. Seems to me like identity is really important in 2023 Marvel castings decisions, but maybe I way off base.

So NO genre movies should ever have a female cast? Even when the audience has been getting closer to an even split for a while? Even if it wasn't? Can guys not like female characters in their movies? You have me questioning my manhood here, my dude....

It happens in the comics as well.

For GTA6 it may come down to how its done, but I am sure there are people that will complain.
I stopped playing GTA5 a while back so I wont be onto 6 as it will probable only be on line and no story mode.
It most likely being a microtransaction filled nightmare is fine but God forbid if you are forced to play as a woman! /s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter