The manager at the Liberty Tavern

jeffthedisneyfreak

Earning My Ears
We went to Disney with a dining plan and did not know that we needed resevations for the dinners in the evening... the brocures said that you "may" need a reservation not that you "must".... after going to 2 different restaraunts and being told "coldly" that we needed reservations... we tried The Liberty Tavern in the Magic Kingdom... it was there we explained that we were clueless about the dining plan... the woman who was working there gave us seats so that we could eat.... sat down and explained it to us and helped us make reservations for the rest of the trip.... we felt like the "guests" that Disney tells us we are... We also enjoyed the rest of our trip and had great dining experiences... Next time we go we will make reservations before we go...

Kudos to her!

Now that you're on the boards you'll learn everything you need to know :earboy2:

Where else did you get to eat?

We ate at the Rose and Crown, The Crystal Palace, Prime Time Cafe... and we had reservations before we went down to the Hoop DeDoo Musical revue... It was my parents 50th anniversary and they went to the Hoop de Doo for their twenty fifth... it was a great time....

In 2002 we had a PS (what they were called at the time) at Tony's Town Square. We had spent the day at BB so we were starving by dinner. Just as we ordered, and received our drinks we noticed that the other guests were getting up and leaving. Apparently there was a fire in the kitchen and the sprinklers had gone off, and that they couldn't serve dinner anymore.

They tried accomodating everyone, but the only options were the Plaza or CRT, but in 2 hours. We wandered over to LTT, and after hearing our plight the nice hostess sat us. I was really cranky at that point so it was Disney magic at its finest.

Sounds like you had an awesome CM at LTT :sunny: I had some friends that had a trip planned with the dining plan and she called me the night before they were to leave with a couple questions. I found out that her travel agent had told her that you do not need to make reservations if you are on the dining plan - I had to explain what the ADR's are and yes you do need them. It was too late to call dining that night but I told her to go to guest services after she checked into her hotel and explain that she needs help with ADR's since she was on the Dining Plan and had no ADR's. She called me that morning to tell me she had a great CM and she had helped her book ADR's for their whole stay :) She said next time she will visit Disboards to get all her info :thumbsup2

Good for that manager! Pixie dust at its best!! :wizard:

OP, Might I suggest that you email WDW guest communications and let them know about the LTT manager's outstanding guest service? All too often only the bad stuff gets reported but I think great performance needs to be reported as well. I do know that that information is put in their personnel file and is used for awards, promotions, and other good stuff.

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Just my 2 cents!

Jill in KC

Also take down the Number and call .We were turned away twice last week only to call and get in after being told they were booked for the night ( Tony's and Sci FI).

I think the Hostess doesn't get an updated list with Cancels on it .

We hop like crasy so it's hard to book 180 out and I don't want to take something up or call to cancel if we are somewhere else.

tmt martins said:
Also take down the Number and call .We were turned away twice last week only to call and get in after being told they were booked for the night ( Tony's and Sci FI).

True! We've walked up to Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, and also Beirgarten and been told no availability or else been offered a very late seating time. No thanks! I have WDW dining programmed into my cell phone and have just stepped back, called, and had an ADR time for less than an hour away.

we've done the same thing... called from onsite w/a request for a TS restaurant "now" and got ADRs for w/in the hour... once we even had to sprint to Garden Grill 'cause of how quickly they were able to give us an ADR! LOL!

Let me hop in on this thread. It's not because you have the dining plan that ADRs are required at table service. It's because the dining plan exists and so many more guests are eating at table service that ADRs are strongly recommended!!

Even those of us who don't get the dining plan, but use DDE, need ADRs.

I agree about calling WDW-Dine from wherever you may be to get an ADR. I've done that many times and gotten into a restaurant when the hostess told me nothing available!!

In 2004 my DH & I finally went on a vacation together. We chose WDW. I read my Frommer's Guide & thought I knew a lot. Our first day we went to MK & we were excited & everything was magical...until it was dinner time! Just like the OP, we went from TS to TS only to find out our best option was another hot dog & FF (we had them for lunch).

So while DH was crabby & I was getting there, we decided to walk towards away from Crystal Palace & we stumbled upon LTT. We thought we'd take another chance for a non-hot dog dinner & asked how long the wait was for 2 with no reservations/priority seatings. We were very happy & surprised to hear we could get in about 15min!

Our LTT meal was our favorite of the trip! And have now made it our official first night dinner (last year & again this September)! We also have learned to make ADR's just to ease the pain a little!! :thumbsup2

Jen

Yay! I love to hear that other folks love LTT. What wonderful service you got there. I agree that you should really consider contacting corporate to share the good news.

When we booked LTT, I was a bit worried. You often see it derided for its "plain" food. Think I read on one post someone say if they wanted stouffer's mac & cheese out of the box, they could eat it at home.

My family loves the kind of traditional food you can get at LTT and my girls never met a mac & cheese they didn't like.

Glad you got a good meal and a little helpful education!

I'm glad LTT was able to get you in.

But I wouldn't fault Disney because you were turned away at restaurants. With the dining plan, walkups are seemingly less and less common. I understand it doesn't say "must" when regarding ADRs, but when you have a tourist hotspot like Disney World where millions of people travel there every year...that "may" need ADRs becomes more heavily weighed upon. Anytime you really want to eat somewhere, ADRs should automatically be a "must" regardless if says "must" or not. Otherwise be prepared to be turned away...because it's possible everyone else made an ADR there.

tmt martins said:

We hop like crasy so it's hard to book 180 out and I don't want to take something up or call to cancel if we are somewhere else.
WE have been trying to get ps for sept. 20 for chef mickeys for 2 and have been told there are no more tables for 2 left. i guess if we had a bigger party we could get in. Glad to hear there may be a chance to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter