The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Annb4008 said:
How long does it take till your name is added to the roll call?

Welcome aboard!! It just depends on when the person keeping up with it is back online here and can update the roll call post. It's not an automatic computer generated list, so if she is on vacation or slammed at work, it can be a while. No worries - you will be added - it is just not instantaneously. You can also send a PM so she is sure to see it in addition to her catching up on the thread.All the awesome folks onboard who are volunteering their time to do the extra dis events on pages 1-2 are fantastic!

I'm bringing Bonine. It's chewable but I've been told it tastes horrible. I start the night before the cruise and take one every night before bed. Last cruise I forgot one night and wasn't too nauseous.

I use Bonine. I don't think it tastes that bad :) I start taking it the day before the cruise (or the day before we fly) and then each morning of the cruise. The ship also has pills on board which you can get on Deck 1 at the infirmary or at Guest Services (free). I still bring some bonine because I never want to take the chance that the ship won't have it. I've never gotten sick and I don't want to take a chance which is why I take it every day!

I use Bonine. I don't think it tastes that bad :) I start taking it the day before the cruise (or the day before we fly) and then each morning of the cruise. The ship also has pills on board which you can get on Deck 1 at the infirmary or at Guest Services (free). I still bring some bonine because I never want to take the chance that the ship won't have it. I've never gotten sick and I don't want to take a chance which is why I take it every day!

I've never heard of Bonine. Does it make you drowsy? Do you take a pobiotic too help fight off sickness? I just want to make sure I am prepared. I just don't want to waste any days being sick. ;)

Hi Pinky

Can you add another person to my room just found out today hubby wants to go. So it will be Steve and Carol Sherman GTY room

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hello! Just wanted to say hello and add ourselves to the list here- we will be celebrating our Honeymoon on this sailing!

"We" are Matt and Lindsay (31 and 28) from Philadelphia, PA. No room number yet.

Sailed the Magic in the Med last summer and had such a wonderful time. Looking forward to this one!

Hello! Just wanted to say hello and add ourselves to the list here- we will be celebrating our Honeymoon on this sailing!

"We" are Matt and Lindsay (31 and 28) from Philadelphia, PA. No room number yet.

Sailed the Magic in the Med last summer and had such a wonderful time. Looking forward to this one!

Cool - honeymooners!! Welcome aboard!!

I thought that we had been added to the roll call...but seems not!

So please add

Xenia (me) and BF Nans, cat. 5B GTY.

(and damn myself I still didn't take the time to look through the tastings and champagne... bad me!)

Please add us to the group:

Denise (Denise W) and Peter (Jazzman) GTY Verandah main dining.

We will be sailing with 2 friends.

Thanks!

Denise

I'm thinking about stopping in London for a few days before the cruise. I've never been to London, and could use all the help you might be able to give me. Especially about where to stay.

Thank you!!!

I'm thinking about stopping in London for a few days before the cruise. I've never been to London, and could use all the help you might be able to give me. Especially about where to stay.
Kids? Just adults? Packing light?

Woody

Just me, an adult

. . . I'll just have the small bag in London.
We've been to London many, many times.

For you, I'd suggest taking the tube from the airport to central London, and staying at a hotel there.

For shopping, I recommend visiting Oxford Street, and Harrods.

Woody

Thank you!!!

Hi there! I live just outside of London & have worked in Central London all my adult life. So hopefully I should be able to help! ;)

What sights are you most interested in seeing?

What interests you?

Look forward to chatting about my lovely city :)

Michala

Hello :thumbsup2

Sound lovely for honeymoon, Congratulations.

We loved the Med last 2007 and thought it was so wonderful...

We look forward to this cruise too...

Scottishwee35

Thank you!!!

Hi there! I'm doing the same thing - well sort of! I'm flying in on Wed. morning, staying overnight and then flying on to Barcelona on Thursday morning. With American Airlines as long as you leave within 24 hours of when you land - it is still considered one flight award. The last time I was there, I stayed a weekend after a week of work (that is why I was there). I ended up using the Tube and the On/Off buses to go around and see alot of London. This time I'm hoping to get to Windsor castle in the afternoon and then see a show that night.

I stayed at Club Quarters - St. Paul's church last time and it was very convenient to the Tube as well as the On-Off bus. I really loved using the On-Off buses, made it very easy. This time around probably going to try and stay at the one near the theatre district. Just have to wait until it gets closer to see what is available.

As far as the luggage thing - I checked my bags at the luggage service and just took my backpack with me for the weekend. Made riding the train from Heathrow into London very easy. If you are bringing a rolling suitcase, I would recommend scoping out which stops are "handicap" friendly meaning less stairs. There are several London Tube maps that should help with that.

We have lots of UK folks on this forum, so I'm sure they can provide alot better information. This is just me from Texas telling you how I fared.

Cristi

I've never heard of Bonine. Does it make you drowsy? Do you take a pobiotic too help fight off sickness? I just want to make sure I am prepared. I just don't want to waste any days being sick. ;)

Bonine is a brand name for Meclizine. It is supposed to be non-drowsy - and I've never gotten drowsy from it (but I do get drowsy easily from other drugs). I have taken probiotics but not necessarily for staying healthy on a cruise (just in general). The Bonine is more for seasickness than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter