The Key vs Internet

zakdavid

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to make sure I am not missing something. I am not really interested in the Key but it is 18.99 a day and internet is 18.39 but the key includes internet as well? Is there a catch or am I right that I might as well get the key and get those perks too.

What is the cost for a multiple device internet package? It could be cheaper than the Key 18.99 price. For example, my family of 4 with a 4 device surf & stream package was $22.99 per day, compared to the Key for $27.99 per person per day. I got a great deal on the internet package, buying it when RCL was desperate for cash during COVID. It is now $63.97 for the same package. You get one internet code that can be used on up to 4 devices at the same time. If you don't all want constant connectivity, you might be able to share the code for multiple people. My children ended up streaming to their phones all the shows they wanted to watch (because the options on the TV were never great). If you get the Key, they give you a separate code for each person and it is only good for one device at a time.

My family has used the Key twice on previous cruises when the cost was about the same price you are seeing. It was really nice to have a quiet sit-down lunch, a place to drop our bags, and for the reserved shows on the Oasis class ships. We also liked the quiet breakfast the last day when we weren't in a hurry to get home. You also get a fruit basket and key chocolates delivered to your room. My kids never had issues with access to the other activities they wanted to do, so we didn't use the reserved times. We also didn't need the priority disembarkation at ports and I'll be surprised to see how that works with the new enforcement I'm hearing about for getting on the ship.

I think the only catch it the Key has to be purchased for everyone in the cabin. Internet you can buy for just one or however many devices, and usually if you buy for multiple devices it becomes cheaper per device.

I think the only catch it the Key has to be purchased for everyone in the cabin. Internet you can buy for just one or however many devices, and usually if you buy for multiple devices it becomes cheaper per device.

That is correct.

I just wanted to make sure I am not missing something. I am not really interested in the Key but it is 18.99 a day and internet is 18.39 but the key includes internet as well? Is there a catch or am I right that I might as well get the key and get those perks too.

As other have said, it only comes with 1 device and the price is per person and everyone must buy it. However, it comes with nice perks like having priority seats at certain shows, a nice sit down meal on arrival and easy access to certain attractions on the ship.

We did the Key, worth every penny. Qi fi first off ship, great set seats for shoes etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter