The July 17-20th shutdown is over. Everything is Great Now!

I am hoping for a lot less “call this number for assistance”. Things like cabana rentals you should not have to call in for in 2021. Would love to see more done with waitlists too…like tell me where I’m at on the wait list so I know if it’s even worth one of my 2 waitlist slots lol

I am hoping for a lot less “call this number for assistance”. Things like cabana rentals you should not have to call in for in 2021. Would love to see more done with waitlists too…like tell me where I’m at on the wait list so I know if it’s even worth one of my 2 waitlist slots lol

The issue with waitlist is it’s based on exact dates. So, it’s hard to give a place. You could be number 1 for your dates, but if a few days come in, they go down the list for an exact match and skip right over you.

That feature is annoying to those who spec rent & I'm OK with that, LOL. I know it's sometimes annoying to those who aren't spec renting (life happens) and I do have sympathy for those folks, but not enough to put that feature on my wish list.

I’ve never spec rented. I’ve made a mistake with the lead guest before when it isn’t us. We sometimes allow family and friends to use our points as a gift when joining us. Also, whenever I am trying to switch something at 7 months but have a full reservation at one of my home resorts, I will pull a day here and there at a different resort without giving up my original reservation since the wait list system is spotty at best. Sometimes, my wait lists come through, and I never saw a particular night show up. However, I’ve seen a night I have wait listed show up as available before, and then I grab it under a different lead guest as I piece it together. I called MS two different times when I’ve grabbed my own night to see if my WL matched before cancelling it, and it didn’t. If their system prioritized WLs 100% of the time, there’d be no reason for all this work.

I'm predicting disappointment unfortunately for most of the members in this thread thus far. I'm keeping my expectations very, very low. I would not be surprised if it comes back online and there are no discernible changes for us members.
Yup. I suspect it's "only" taking 4 days because they're just adding a new cute graphic in place of "Stitch ate the page" for all the times the site can't load properly. :laughing:

Yup. I suspect it's "only" taking 4 days because they're just adding a new cute graphic in place of "Stitch ate the page" for all the times the site can't load properly. :laughing:
That thing pops up so often, it must be like a well-worn VHS tape from a discount rental store, the kind where they duplicated the tapes in the back room or pirated them off cable (ah, such memories), and in desperate need of replacement.

Whatever it is, its gotta be more than "fixing glitches" - since they'll be down for 3 days and the offices closed for 2 days.

More than likely, a closure of that time length signals a large training event. What they're training for is anyone's guess - but I'd bet my next paycheck the membership won't like it...

I just hope they cease using pages showing pictures of Disney characters whenever something is not working so I can stop hating all those characters.

I posted this in another thread, and take it as rumour from a phone CM, but my understanding is that they’ve been told it’s only an upgrade on the accounting side of things. We shall see!

Oooooo I can't wait for the YouTube videos and forum posts after this if that's the case.

@Stargazer65 - I love the "tongue in cheek" humor for your wish list that started this whole thread (even though secretly I 'wish' you were right - it's always good to dream). And some of the responses have been hilarious; I actually laughed out loud at a few - scaring the dog!!!! And in the spirit of your wishes:

Every 1,000th call into Member Services due to an IT issue DVC created - a free night's stay in Cinderella's Castle. That'll keep that suite booked year round!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter