The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I got to watch The Hunchback Of Notre Dame on Disney+ and it brought back memories of when I first saw it in the theater and I was amazed at how well Disney was able to take a Victor Hugo novel and make it kid friendly. I still remember after going to the theater I got an Esmeralda doll and I also got all the Burger King Hunchback Of Notre Dame puppets as well. My favorite character was Esmeralda because she was tough and very outspoken and I was amazed at how well she stood up for Quasimodo when he was bullied after winning the King Of Fools crown. I also liked Djali the goat because he was simply cute and I loved how Djali and Esmeralda loved to share jewelry especially earrings with each other. I sure wish I could do that with my stuffed animals and my cat too. I think this movie was a surprise hit because of the amazing celebrity voice talent used in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame especially Jason Alexander who really stole the show as the voice of Hugo and that helped the film a lot. I was amazed that Tom Hulce could sing and that's why I think Disney cast him as Quasimodo because Tom Hulce not only brought him to life but Tom showed his singing talent well. Here's a fact I found during the movie. If you watch during the song Out There you will see Belle from Beauty And The Beast walking as she reads a book during the song

I really love the opening number, The Bells of Notre Dame. It has such a powerful message and sets the tone for the movie nicely.

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame is such an amazing movie that can be watched over and over again as time goes by. My mother also liked Quasimodo's singing voice and she thought it was amazing. I wonder how Tom Hulce got the part of Quasimodo so well because not only did Tom Hulce play Quasimodo to a T he could sing as well? Because it surprises me that Tom Hulce wasn't well known in movies except for Animal House and Amadeus in the 80's. But Demi Moore was superb as Esmeralda and when paired with Kevin Kline as Phoebus they made a awesome team and it's no wonder why Phoebus and Esmeralda became crushes then got married and had a son in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame II. But as I mentioned in my opening post Jason Alexander stole the show and when he was cast as Hugo Disney had scored a winner because Jason Alexander is very funny and is a real laugh to watch

The score is one of THEE best --- just my .02--- Love the movie so much, but that score---- I could listen to "Out There" all day !!

I also got the Burger King puppets. Pretty sure my parents still have them! 😂

I really want to see the musical version. They were developing it for a while, but it never took off.

also, it has one of the best villains in Disney animation, Frollo, and I love,love his death sequence and Hellfire.

So glad to see other fans of this movie! It's a shame that it is one of Disney's most underrated animated films. But it definitely has a fan base.

If you have a chance, go see the stage production. It is amazing. The new songs are phenomenal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter