The Happyfingers Family are on Holiday

calender arrived today

i expected it to be bigger :confused3 :rolleyes1

still it has some very nice pictures and the wife will be pleased when she finds out

i havnt told her yet :wizard:

just got my reservation confirmation in the mail today :cool1:

it list a whole bunch of free vouchers and offers that we get per person or per room :thumbsup2

guided fishing excursion :confused3:rotfl:

i dont eat fish, never have eaten anything that swims or lives in the water :scared1: i just cant do it, i think its mental problems :rotfl2:

it also says paid in full :cheer2:

just got my reservation confirmation in the mail today :cool1:

it list a whole bunch of free vouchers and offers that we get per person or per room :thumbsup2

guided fishing excursion :confused3:rotfl:

i dont eat fish, never have eaten anything that swims or lives in the water :scared1: i just cant do it, i think its mental problems :rotfl2:

it also says paid in full :cheer2:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

1 week at universal Is all paid up now
Decided to move now in case the dollar drops

Got the itinerary email (from universal) now to add to documents

Just spending monies and airfare to go now

And just got the solar power system up and running now so no more elec bills which will help (oh boy, what a drawn out process that was)

Happy Fingers -

We have just had our first quarter with 3kw solar panels - they actually owe us $50.00 !! (love that NSW gfit)

So instead of getting a $800 electricity bill a couple of days before xmas as we normally do - we have $50 in credit, :cool1: and its been the most dull spring, early summer I can remember! (although we would have used our air con more if that was the case)

Okay - I'll share. I've had 2kW on my roof for nearly 18 months now. Last summer, we went from November through to March without having to pay an electric bill and our credit amount pretty much carried us into mid May before we had to open the wallet again. Solar production isn't the best in winter. And we live in Melbourne! It should be much better for you Batty Mum. :yay:

Got 96.5 cents to the dollar at the post office today :cool1:

changing all spare/saved cash just in case the dollar drops

i rekon it wont go much higher than parity

popcorn::
just waiting for 180 days now

Went to the travel expo today and got 4 return flights melb to lax for $3900 or thereabouts with all taxes and levies included in that price, paid the money on the spot

We will organize our tickets to Orlando when we get there as we plan to stay in la for a few days

yes we were rather happy with the rate

flying V Australia which im comfortable with

it would of been 90 bucks cheaper but we had to pay the 1.9% credit card surcharge (yes it was credit as we dont have 4k just lying around, i wish) :wizard:

does anyone know if you have to pay a departure tax from the usa and how much it is ?

we have been swapping aus for us dollars as the weeks go by and the rate is high

will probably have to put some in a card as well as we dont want to much cash on us

No departure tax from the US.

And the best I've seen LAX to MCO is around the $150 one-way per person. That was on SouthWest, with one layover. Some of the other Aussies may have seen better...

in 2009. 2010 and again 2011 Qantas has sold me LAX-MCO rtn (2011: DFW-MCO rtn) for $200 p.p. on AA as an add on to the international ticket. V Australia are linked to Delta in the US. Maybe they can also sell a cheap add on?
I have flown Delta. They seemed exactly the same as AA - except Delta had a nice cheese platter snack.:)

ok well my wife has kindly made things more expanded :worship:

now she wants to rent a car from la then drive to las vegas for a few days, then drive over to the grand canyon for a night, then down to san diego to visit some zoo (of all things) before catching a flight over to miami/ft lauderdale to board the ship

so there is a lot more organisation to do so we know whats going on

we will book the accom before we leave la for vegas as there are plenty of cheap rooms in vegas (no intention of gambling) just going for a look :thumbsup2

so whether we do nasa before the ship or after will have to be decided on the run :wizard:

Love Las Vegas!!!!

DD is disappointed we're not going back on our next trip. And she's only 8. There is heaps to do without gambling.

Ok Ladies our 180 days is fast approching and i would love some advice from the pros :worship:

we will need to finalise our dining preferences soon
like real soon so we can get it all sorted

what is confusing me at the moment is that how can i make a dining reservation based on that park having extra magic hours when i dont know when that park even has extra magic hours

im looking on the website and cant seem to find what parks have extra magic hours past February 2011 :confused3
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

I can even find when the parks open early so we can take advantage of that

and how do you eat all the food
from reading what i have been reading a "hot ? dog" is considered a snack
so how do you have a buffet breakfast followed shortly after by a "hot dog" or whatever, followed by lunch, followed by another snack followed by dinner ??????????????????????????

its a wonder these people can even walk :rotfl2:

ive been to buffets for breakfast before and havnt been able to even chew gum until about 10hrs later :happytv:

how do they all do it ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter