The final countdown is over - we're here!

Morning!

We were up a little before 5am and the taxi arrived at 6. Even at that time the roads to the airport were busy. The desks were preparing to open and we spotted the line for Web checkin. We were first in the line. And ended up first to put our bags through.

I have a corporate credit card which gives me access to the exec lounges so we are now sitting in the Styal lounge having breakfast and reading the papers. It's only 8 am but already people are drinking the free beer, wine and spirits!

I'm sticking with the coffee and free wifi!

There were upgrades available to Envoy class but they were $500 plus £65 tax - each. We didn't bother.

I'll try to keep a note of the timings when we land in Philly and how long it takes to get through immigration and customs etc.

We've arrived!

Landed at MCO at 6.20 pm local time last night. Were out collecting the car by 7.

The transfer at Philly was fairly tight. Made it to the gate about 5 mins before boarding started.

Will give all the timings later for those who are doing that same route.

Got a nice silver Chevrolet Camaro.

Went to bed just after 9 after a quick Wendys burger and unpacking.

Breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel. Done a quick shop at Public and now getting ready to go to SeaWorld.

More detailed update tonight!

:) Glad you got there drama free. :)

Have a great day - looking forward to updates. X

Joining your live report :goodvibes

Glad you made the connection and you seem settled already. Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

Started off with all good intent with my live TR but didnt find I had the time. Will be following yours. Have a lovely trip

I promised some fellow DIS'rs that I would make a note of and report back on the timings as we progressed through Philadelphia airport, so here goes.......

This relates to US735

11.03 Taxied from gate at Manchester, taking off at 11.10
1.45 pm local time Landed in Philadelphia
2.00 pm Arrived in Immigration
2.45 pm Cleared Immigration
Walked straight through customs and then bag drop
3.05 pm Cleared Security
3.15 pm Arrived at gate (after walking swiftly! )
3.20 pm Flight started boarding
4.05 pm Took off (10 mins late)
6.20 pm Landed in Orlando (early)
7.00 pm Arrived at Hertz Gold Club to collect the car

I was quite impressed with the way that US Airways have upped their game since we last flew with them 2 years ago. The planes were new or refurbished and the IFE on the transatlantic flight was excellent - with a huge choice of films, music, tv and games on a decent sized screen. You can pause, rewind, ff etc. Headsets were $5 but not great quality. You can use your own though.
The food was better than the last time too. All edible!

Had Momma's Pancake Breakfast in Cracker Barrel for breakfast and ate at Tony Roma's on I drive this evening.
Fairly relaxed day at Sea World doing the shows rather than the rides today.
Hot day with mostly sunny skies.
Car has lots of gadgets which I love - reversing camera, Sirius radio infotainment system, head up driver's display etc but DH not a big gadget geek like me. :)

Uploaded some photos. Think we'll go shopping and to DTD tomorrow.

The

[/[URL=http://s832.photobucket.com/user/juliebro_bucket/media/SouthwestOrange-20130425-00270.jpg.html]]

Hey Julie, glad you made it safely. Sounds like a nice, relaxing first day. We always found Sea World a great park to visit on the first day.

And I see you wasted no time in getting your delicious food fix. We love Tony Romas but hardly ever make it there since there are so many other places we like too. Still, we will get our TRs fix here in the UK at the end of May.

Looking forward to more, you are probably still snoozing now so have a great day when you get up :)

Wish I was at cracker barrel :)

Me too...sigh

Thanks for the timings, we are on that flight in October.

Your picture of EI took me back to our December holiday as we stayed there in a Th for half of our stay and really enjoyed it.

Love the food photos, thanks for posting :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter