The fastpass vs. Express

O

OrlandoDisney

Okay, I know that Universal had to take away the Express becuase disney told them to but why are they allowed to bring them back? :)

Thanks

I know that they took it away for a little but due to the crouds. I never heard of that Disney made them take it away. I heard that Disney was going to sue everybody that was using anything similar to their but they would have to sue all the parks so I thik that they gave up on that.

The Universal Express system has never been shutdown. It is unique engough from FastPass that there are no legal issues between the two systems. Anything else is just an untrue rumor.

There is some truth in the rumor that there was going to be a lawsuit over Universal Express, however it wasn't over the system. The two systems are quite a bit different from each other. However, what you heard was about the original Universal Express Logo that was used when it was first being tested...long before there were even electronic machines spitting out tickets. Back when it was an employee at a table handing out preprinted cards. The logo that was created was pretty much EXACTLY like the Fastpass logo...except it had Woody running instead of Donald. That logo didn't last very long...and now Universal Express has its own original logo. Since the logo was changed, no lawsuit ever occured.

So your saying that universal didnt copy the fastpass system?:confused:

Originally posted by OrlandoDisney
So your saying that universal didnt copy the fastpass system?:confused:

Why does it matter?

Disney can't copyright the idea behind the system of "Virtual Waiting" only some of the technology behind it. As long as Universal or Six Flags or Ceder Point..or whoever does not infringe on those types of patents there is not much they can do.

Are you angry over the system or something?

No no no im not mad... lol

I just heard many rumors that Disney Sued Universal over the system.:D

The Disney system actually had its beginnings at an English park...Alton Towers. Disney just bought that, then tweaked and changed here and there to make it more their own.

Wow, i never knew that, i thought that disney had created it....my mistake :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter