The 'Exhilarating and getting better each time' Trip............................Day 5

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc

Thursday 21 February​

As usual Goofy woke us up very early “Howdy folks. Gawsh, sorry to bother you, but do you know what time it is? Time to rise and shine. We got a big day ahead of us”. Hmmmm – sometimes he’s just too cheery. :goofy:
We had our breakfast, chucked our gear in the boot of the car and set off for our last day in the Park. The plan was to start EMH in Fantasyland today so we went round twice on Peter Pan before going on Pinocchio. Sad news next – Buzz was broken. No last day triumph over Zurg. Husband and Dtr went on Space Mountain, then Dtr went again….and again. Why that child doesn’t get sick more I don’t know. :sick:
We went back into Fantasyland and onto the Carousel then went into the castle to have a look around the Gallery upstairs. I love to listen to the suit of armour snoring. From the top of the Castle we went to the bottom and had a look at the dragon. When we came out we were surprised at how quiet Fantasyland had become. It was just about 10 o’clock and it seemed that all the people on EMH has gone to queue up elsewhere for rope drop. We went in the Seven Dwarfs shop and took a picture for the quiz.
SSL14092Small.jpg

and were able to walk on Snow White and then went over to POTC for 2 rides round. After this came Indiana Jones, Phantom Manor and BTM – meaning we were in the right place for our lunch at The Lucky Nugget. I reviewed this on the right thread. here are pictures f the hard-won character interaction.:rolleyes:

SSL14103Small.jpg

Pinocchio not long after we started

Then these other 2 as we were finishing desserts.
SSL14106Small.jpg

SSL14104Small.jpg

After lunch we went into Fantasyland for a last ride on IASW, Casey Jr and LPDCDF. Husband and I sat having a hot drink while dtr went round the Labyrinth and then it was time to leave. We had lots of time to get to Calais and so we had decided to go to Auchan and Val d’Europe. We got as far as the toilets opposite City Hall before dtr’s sad face and my sinking feeling decided us – forget the shopping, let’s have another couple of hours in the Park.
We were back in Frontierland before you knew it – on Phantom Manor and then riding round on the Molly Brown.
SSL14101Small.jpg

SSL14102Small.jpg

SSL14110Small.jpg

On the way to IJ dtr met up with King Louie.

SSL14111Small.jpg

After IJ we went for one-last-really-the-last-this-time ride on POTC before strolling through Aladdin’s Passage and finally down Main Street and out of the Park. We decided to have one last drink in the Redwood Bar after getting our stuff from the safe (yes, we like to ring the last drop out of the holiday).
We could put it off no longer, we had to get on the road. The journey wasn’t nice, the traffic was heavy but at last we got to Calais, then Folkestone and an hour and a half after reaching the UK we were home.

Overall – this was another fantastic holiday. It makes me laugh when people ask if I won’t get bored going back so many times. NO – I DON’T. We noticed a definite increase in the size of the crowds from our previous February trips but to compensate for that every ride was open – no seasonal closures this year.
It was exhilarating and it really does get better each time.

Oh, what a shame this is over.......still, only 4 more days and you're off again so that means another trippie!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Lovely photos :thumbsup2 I will be hotfooting it to the shop to see the little suit of armour ~ I've been in that shop lots of times but I've never noticed it! Time to go to Specsavers, me thinks!! :rotfl:

I bet writing this is really nice preparation for your next trip! Great to read, and I'm definitely going to find the snoring armour in May!

Anotherfab trip report - thanks so much. Its lovely to see all the great photos you took .... can't wait now till we are there !

Thanks for sharing your trip, Ive enjoyed reading all about it, you also have some lovely photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter