The Dream Is Alive A 20th Anniversary Special Of Walt Disney World

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I was browsing through Disney specials on Youtube and found a Disney special from 1992 called The Dream Is Alive and it was a celebration honoring Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary and originally aired October 29th 1992 on CBS and was sponsored by Pampers Diapers. In The Dream Is Alive we join Michael Eisner as he goes on an The Amazing Race type of adventure as he searches for a perfect host for the show. The celebrities featured are Amy Grant Sandi Patty Garth Brooks Eddie Murphy Park Overall Billy Joel Bette Midler Dolly Parton Robin Williams Whoopi Goldberg Steve Martin Baby Sinclair of Dinosaurs Kathie Lee Gifford Regis Philbin Carol Burnett Patti Labelle Angela Lansbury and other celebrities. This special was one of my favorite Disney specials that was really cool and the funniest parts were when Baby Sinclair is sitting in Michael Eisner's chair hoping to host the show but Michael tells him he's too young and when Carol Burnett is rude to Michael Eisner and yells loud at him. The neatest part of this special is the theme song where all the celebrities sing as well as characters and cast members and it is very cool. My mother taped this special for me when it first aired and I watched it all the time. Did anyone watch The Dream Is Alive when it originally aired?

I wonder why they stopped showing Disney TV specials on TV anymore? Because Disney TV specials such as The Dream Is Alive were so fun to watch. I didn't even know about The Dream Is Alive until my mom watched it and taped it for me to watch and my mom used to collect Disney TV specials on tape and as I mentioned this special was my favorite. Garth Brooks even did a mini-concert singing Against The Grain and Rodeo at Pleasure Island in this special and he was so cool in it. And this special made me a fan of Billy Joel too because he was so cute singing When You Wish Upon A Star

I personally Have a fondness for the Disney World special that was hosted by Bea Arthur and Betty White.

Truly it has some really hilarious moments. Also Betty White apparently has a thing for Donald Duck. (No I'm not kidding)

I personally Have a fondness for the Disney World special that was hosted by Bea Arthur and Betty White.

Truly it has some really hilarious moments. Also Betty White apparently has a thing for Donald Duck. (No I'm not kidding)
Did you also watch The Dream Is Alive too? I think this one was the best of all the Disney TV Specials

Going to look for it on YouTube!
I found it on the Sam's Disney Diary Youtube channel which also has many of the Disney TV specials from the 80's and 90's and some of the old Happy Easter Parade broadcasts that were on ABC
Let me know how you enjoyed The Dream Is Alive
Dodger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter