The Disney Tipping Info Thread *Updated 9.1.09*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a question regarding gratuities. We are meeting up a few days with some members of our family for some table service dinners. We are all on the DDP, but we will be a group of 3 separate parties, wanting to sit together.

Since there are 7 of us, do they automatically include the tip on the bill? If so, how do they do that if we will be separating the bills 3 ways?

Thanks for any information. We usually do not dine with more than 5 people at a time, so I am not sure in this type of situation.

The above poster is correct about the dining plan.

I do thing the Pepper Market is one of the best counter service resturants on property. There is a lot of variety. The 10% is for the kitchen but you also have servers how bring you your beverage choice, so they get some of that too.

You can avoid the 10% by getting the food to go and sitting somewhere else on the property. Maybe around the lake.

My family loves to eat at the pepper market, and being DVC members will will run over to get the food and get it to go. By doing so we don't pay the 10% fee. We have done this at least once every trip. Hope this helps :)

Okay, just an example - you say there are seven of you? Okay, in my example (because it IS mine ;)), you have one party of three and two parties of two each.

You tell the server before you order that you need three separate checks and whose meal goes on which check.

The party of three 'spends' a total of $75; each party of two 'spends' a total of $50 each.

When the checks come, $13.50 'automatic gratuity' will be on the party of three's check, and $9 'automatic gratuity' will be on each of the other parties' checks. You're only assessed and only pay the tip for your portion of the total 'spent'.

Okay, just an example - you say there are seven of you? Okay, in my example (because it IS mine ;)), you have one party of three and two parties of two each.

You tell the server before you order that you need three separate checks and whose meal goes on which check.

The party of three 'spends' a total of $75; each party of two 'spends' a total of $50 each.

When the checks come, $13.50 'automatic gratuity' will be on the party of three's check, and $9 'automatic gratuity' will be on each of the other parties' checks. You're only assessed and only pay the tip for your portion of the total 'spent'.

Thank you!

We are doing the deluxe plan in June and there will be 6 of us. Do they automatically had tip to groups of 6 or 8 and how much do they add?

Thanks - Diane;)

I wish they just added 18% to what we pay for the dinning plan and include it up front so we don't have to deal with it. Then it's easier to budget.

I wish they just added 18% to what we pay for the dinning plan and include it up front so we don't have to deal with it. Then it's easier to budget.

No, don't even say that! I wish they would just put the gratuity back in and put the price back where it was in 07.

Either of these would work for me. I'm really bad about budgeting money. I wish it was all included so I didn't have to think about it. That worked beautifully in its first few years.

I can pay tips with a Disney Gift Card right?

Will this work...

DH and I, and two boys in one room.... and my mom and Stepdad in another room... so two seperate dining plans...

I realize with a party of 6... 18% is automatically added...

So we are each going to give them our KTTW to take the credits off our DxDDP.... however... can I give our server one giftcard and ask him to put the tip for both people on this card? Will that work or be too confusing?

(Basically I want to be able to pay the tips for my mom as well as my own... what is the easiest way to do this?)

I thought when I used the deluxe plan a year ago, it included tips? memory may be wrong.:confused3
I would looking at the sticky on the plans and it doesn't appear that tips are included anymore..is that true of all the DDP they now have?

Deluxe plan has never included tips. That plan was started in 2008, the same year tips were excluded from the dining plan. The regular dining plan prior to 2008 included all gratuities. It's possible you were using the Premium or Platinum plan. I don't know if they included tips prior to 2008 but they don't now.

There is no current all-inclusive plan at WDW that includes gratuities at all restaurants. Only CRT and the dinner shows include gratuities as part of the price.

Tipping questions should be addressed in the Tipping Information Thread so I am moving this thread to that one.

and do you just leave it in an envelope daily or out on display for them?

If you choose to tip housekeeping, $1-$2 per person, left daily, somewhere apparent, envelopes not needed. I just leave it on the bed.

Hello,
I am truing to get an idea of what a family of 4 would pay on the deluxe dining plan for tips of 7 days using the plan to the max. Can anyone give me some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter