The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Wednesday May 24, we went the long way around from OFI, back to Madison and across to Canyon. We stopped at Artist Point one last time and then headed south out of Yellowstone and into the Grand Tetons. We had lunch at the Mural Room at the Jackson Lake Lodge. View was amazing the food was average. Then drove one side of the loop stopping at pull outs and then heading to Jackson. Here we would stay in Teton Village.

us at tetons.JPEG

Thursday May 25, we hiked Jenny Lake. We hiked the entire path around the lake and detoured to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. We really wanted to hike Cascade Canyon but it was 80% snow covered and required either spikes or snow shoes, of which we had neither. The alternate hike was amazing. Then we went around the other side of the loop to see sites. Dinner was in Jackson at the Snake River Grill. Our best meal of the night. The highlight was the appetizers though. A steak tartare pizza and smoked salmon on a potato pancake.

jenny lake hike 1.jpeg

jenny lake hike 2.jpeg

tetons from hike inspiration point looking up.jpeg

Friday May 26, we did a float trip on the Snake River. This was fun. I am glad we did it. Our wildlife viewing was not great since you can’t stop the boat. We did see bald eagles, moose, and river otters. After this we hit anything else we wanted to see. We were going to do another hike but the parking was packed and honestly we were kind of beat so we drove around and stopped places. Dinner was in Teton Village at the Westbank Grill. It was good. Bert had elk and I had bison, plus more steak tartare (definitely the least favorite one, it was kind of bland).

Snake river float 1.jpeg

tetons 1.JPEG

Saturday May 27, we walked in the morning around Teton Village. They had a nice trail that went all the way to the park. Then we had breakfast and hit the road back to SLC. We took the scenic route this time. We saw a honest to goodness cattle drive. Two cowboys out on horses pushing the cattle (they were too close to the road). We were staying at a hotel near the airport. After checking in we dropped the car off and took the shuttle back to the hotel. Dinner was at the hotel bar but was seriously maybe the third best meal of the trip and all I had was a burger and fries.

Sunday May 28, first flight out of SLC to Atlanta. At home there was a jazz festival going on at the park. Made going to the grocery store very difficult. We then picked up Whisky. She was very happy to see us and happy I was walking her home while bert drove the car and groceries home. However she did want to stay outside. Her favorite thing is to run under and behind bushes and dig.

Summary, it was a great trip. If you have not been out that direction you should really try and make that happen. The elevation was hard on us. We needed lots of water, sunscreen and lip balm.

Great report, Kris.

I have been following on Fb and the pics are amazing. We will definitely have to make that trip.

j

We took our camper to Yellowstone, July 2019, and had a wonderful time, We hiked, but not like you. The canyon was roaring with water. Camping at Yellowstone requires you to have your coolers inside at night, or they will be confiscated. We loved everything out our memorable trip. Not for the “faint of mind” Tough but wonderful. Had neighbors who slept in the hammock beds very high. Brave people!!

Great trip and great pictures. Pictures just don't do that area justice a lot of times. They look fake. Heck, seeing in person looks fake sometimes.

Going on the shoulder season looks great. We really enjoyed our summer trip last year, but would really like to go back in the spring or fall to enjoy the different look of nature (and less people).

Unfortunate the Old Faithful Inn buffet is still junk. I figured they had a bad concessionaire contract last year.

Glad you all had a good experience and thanks for documenting for all of us stuck at work still.

Great report @garneska. We hope to get to there at some point and take it the beauty.

This weekend was mostly spent around the house. On Saturday I worked on some yard work getting some reseeding down again and covering it with a mat of hay. With any luck we can get rid of all the bare spots in the fenced area. Later that afternoon we went to a local winery to unwind till around 6, and then relaxed at home and working on puzzle 9 of 10. This one is the Jungle cruise.

Sunday was the big work. The house was in need of a wash, and still being somewhat spry middle age we tackled it ourselves rather then spending a few hundred on someone else doing the job. I already have a decent pressure washer and the extension wand wasn't all that expense after finding a clearance deal on it. It was 7 hours of work with a few stops for food/water. The results made it worth it, and we will see in 3-4 years when it needs it again if I decide to do this myself or hire it out.

1685453466355.jpeg
1685453485149.jpeg
1685453562924.jpeg

In the process I noticed this corner of our front porch will need some attention. Pretty sure that will need some attention.

1685453126713.jpeg

A big shout out ot my DW, she was there helping me the whole time. Monday was spent mostly as a day of rest, we cleaned up the garage a little from the big furniture project that is done, got some donations boxed up. But mostly just relaxed and worked on the puzzle. And after 2 days of work made some progress, yet there is lots more to do. This was the easier stuff, the water and background is going to be the challenge I think.

IMG_6382.jpeg

Last edited:
House looks good. I have to do mine every 2 years. Lol. For some reason the area we live in breeds mold. It does feel better when its clean. I think ots because everytime you come home you say, man we have to clean the house. Once its done that goes away!

Being one who doesn't like to waste a lot of time cleaning the mold off the house I found that spraying Lysol mold remover (purple bottle) on the siding. Then spread it around with a street broom. Doesn't require a bunch of scrubbing as the stuff kills on contact. It lasts several years. Below is the foamer. You want to try it, get the spray. It shoots further.
8301-07101_v01.jpg

Oh I used mold armor prior to power washing it all off.
Product-Image-1-11.jpg

Put that in the dispensor tank, use the soaping nossle to cover the area I was working. Let it sit for about 5-10 minintues and then start rinsing it and the dirt off with a 25degree tip. Was the perfect combination to kill the mold and clean the house.

M and I where talking this morning that it would probably be less work if I just did this every 2 years before it got as bad as the house looked.

Last edited:
I tried the soft wash thing this year with bleach, it did absolutely nothing. Lol. I did try it. I think we get the mold because under like 5 inches of dirt is all sand, so the moisture sticks around. Not many trees by the house eaither. Just lucky I guess.........

I tried the soft wash thing this year with bleach, it did absolutely nothing. Lol. I did try it. I think we get the mold because under like 5 inches of dirt is all sand, so the moisture sticks around. Not many trees by the house eaither. Just lucky I guess.........
Designed to give you something to do in retirement brother!

Wednesday May 24, we went the long way around from OFI, back to Madison and across to Canyon. We stopped at Artist Point one last time and then headed south out of Yellowstone and into the Grand Tetons. We had lunch at the Mural Room at the Jackson Lake Lodge. View was amazing the food was average. Then drove one side of the loop stopping at pull outs and then heading to Jackson. Here we would stay in Teton Village.

View attachment 763965

Thursday May 25, we hiked Jenny Lake. We hiked the entire path around the lake and detoured to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. We really wanted to hike Cascade Canyon but it was 80% snow covered and required either spikes or snow shoes, of which we had neither. The alternate hike was amazing. Then we went around the other side of the loop to see sites. Dinner was in Jackson at the Snake River Grill. Our best meal of the night. The highlight was the appetizers though. A steak tartare pizza and smoked salmon on a potato pancake.

Friday May 26, we did a float trip on the Snake River. This was fun. I am glad we did it. Our wildlife viewing was not great since you can’t stop the boat. We did see bald eagles, moose, and river otters. After this we hit anything else we wanted to see. We were going to do another hike but the parking was packed and honestly we were kind of beat so we drove around and stopped places. Dinner was in Teton Village at the Westbank Grill. It was good. Bert had elk and I had bison, plus more steak tartare (definitely the least favorite one, it was kind of bland).

Saturday May 27, we walked in the morning around Teton Village. They had a nice trail that went all the way to the park. Then we had breakfast and hit the road back to SLC. We took the scenic route this time. We saw a honest to goodness cattle drive. Two cowboys out on horses pushing the cattle (they were too close to the road). We were staying at a hotel near the airport. After checking in we dropped the car off and took the shuttle back to the hotel. Dinner was at the hotel bar but was seriously maybe the third best meal of the trip and all I had was a burger and fries.

Sunday May 28, first flight out of SLC to Atlanta. At home there was a jazz festival going on at the park. Made going to the grocery store very difficult. We then picked up Whisky. She was very happy to see us and happy I was walking her home while bert drove the car and groceries home. However she did want to stay outside. Her favorite thing is to run under and behind bushes and dig.

Summary, it was a great trip. If you have not been out that direction you should really try and make that happen. The elevation was hard on us. We needed lots of water, sunscreen and lip balm.
we stayed on jenny lake 3 years ago at coulter bay RV resort, great area, thanks for sharing

Designed to give you something to do in retirement brother!
Funny you should mention that, my buddy fell through a floor and is permanently injured from the job. Its been about 3 years and he gets around decently now. His wife makes him a list of stuff to do everyday. He told me this morning that he dosen't know how he ever had time to go to work. Hes so busy with the lists from when he gets up to when he goes to bed. Lol. All good though.

@Sjm9911 Can't say it was a soft wash, but the mold armor seems to help. We get all the green from the two sides of the house with the most shade (north and west). I have had good luck with mold armor in the past. Using it as a prewash/softwash prior to blasting it off with the pressure nossle I think helps it become a 4 year ordeal rather then annual.

This will eventually be Disney related so I'll drop some posts here over the next couple of weeks.

We are finally on our way for our long delayed trip to Europe and DLP. This time tomorrow we will be in Rome, but 1st stop is Toronto.

20230602_090935.jpg20230602_090949.jpg

Getting closer.

20230602_114750.jpg

j

Last edited:
Safe travels, Jim and Donna.

I'm glad you got to do this after all the delays you encountered.

Share some DLP pics when you get over to Paris-land.

Ed

PS - Jim, is that DS in the seat behind you? His face is partially hidden. Hope it is and that it's a family trip.

Share some DLP pics when you get over to Paris

PS - Jim, is that DS in the seat behind you? His face is partially hidden. Hope it is and that it's a family trip.
Ed, That is Ian back there. We were on a small region Bombardier plane to Toronto. He was always intended to go. Even through 2 extra years and 2 jobs, he was able to get the time off.

And you know I'll being taking pics and posting. We won't be at DLP until June 15th.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter