The DIS SAG Awards & RED Carpet LIVE Watch Party thread - TONITE!

The Devil Wears Prada reunion was a nice surprise.

Except what Meryl wore. I'll never understand why she won't get a stylist for these events. She's been nominated more than any other actress. She played Miranda, so she knows how to dress up and look stunning for her age. Yet, she always shows up looking rather matronly. And sometimes, kind of frumpy.

Was she still in this for the reunion?

gettyimages-2036406021-65da881a5b965.jpg

Idris Elba:

gettyimages-2036415164-65da8f2df06d6.jpg

Taylor Zakhar Perez in Louis Vuitton:

gettyimages-2036229677-65da7000ea91f.jpg

Yes, Meryl was still in that dress. I think it was actually Prada. I agree. The girls were having fun with the old movie lines, but Meryl wasn't really playing. I was hoping for more, actually.... :rolleyes: It was still great to see them together again.

This isn't the most riveting awards show. It seems disjointed and almost boring. :idea:

This isn't the most riveting awards show. It seems disjointed and almost boring. :idea:

Maybe the lack of commercials is throwing everyone off. They probably usually chat and use those moments to relax off-camera.

Except what Meryl wore. I'll never understand why she won't get a stylist for these events. She's been nominated more than any other actress. She played Miranda, so she knows how to dress up and look stunning for her age. Yet, she always shows up looking rather matronly. And sometimes, kind of frumpy.

Was she still in this for the reunion?

gettyimages-2036406021-65da881a5b965.jpg
Yes, she wore it for her bit with Emily and Anne. Tan France mentioned it’s a Prada dress so there’s that I guess. She also tripped as she approached the microphone but thankfully caught herself. The trip was likely part of the bit but it startled me.

Back to some women.

I think this dress looks excellent on this actress. She wasn't put in some shapeless thing. It really highlights her curves in the right places.

Da'Vine Joy Randolph:

gettyimages-2036440783-65da8e4a4b042.jpg

Back to some women.

I think this dress looks excellent on this actress. She wasn't put in some shapeless thing. It really highlights her curves in the right places.

Da'Vine Joy Randolph:

gettyimages-2036440783-65da8e4a4b042.jpg
She won tonight. I need to see that movie.

Totally agree on Da'Vine's dress. She looks beautiful and her acceptance speech was very gracious.

It's kinda weird tonight. I would have thought they'd be more relxed and joyful after the last year. You can tell the presenters are just reading the prompters.... at least some are trying to jazz it up some. Jennifer Aniston is presenting the Life Achievement award to Barbara Streisand.

Glad to see Robert Downing Jr. win. His performance in Oppenheimer was his best dramatic work yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter